The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, GeneralZero said:

It is just a matter of time: generally a week or so... I recently had to purchase few GW exclusive minis, several times, but each time while the army was hot (meaning fresh out of a new battletome) and each time, the miniature was out in less than a week, except once, I waited just 10 more days. Those were mostly resin. The stegadons are plastic. The army is super fresh: I'm suspecting GW going full production rate on this one to make a big stock. 

Don't worry, you'll get the stegs next week or the week after.

But if you are not in a hurry, my bet is that one of the christmass battleforce will be Seraphon with stegs....

It has been out of stock for a couple of weeks though, if not at least a month.

I honestly doubt Seraphon will receive a battleforce - They had one like 2 years ago. I'd guess they rotate between armies. 

21 minutes ago, Kasper said:

They had one like 2 years ago. I'd guess they rotate between armies. 

It is not just a rotation: see for example the Tau who got another force as they already got one 2 years back. The battleforces are close to news, and try to give some incentive to certain armies that need a boost (sales). Eventually.  

BTW, the AoS battleforces are still available and 3 out of 4 are available at retailers. 

PS: the good ones, the ones that are a steal or in a hot army (read: efficient army in the meta) are always sold out in a matter of hours if not minutes. ex: gloompites. Even better: Tyranids. Got my 3 boxes in a minutes, sold out few minutes later. 😞

10 hours ago, Chikout said:

d said that Teclis will be the best spell caster in the game. 

Warhammer weekly Tom does know people with inside info but he has been massively wrong in the past so it’s just a rumour for now

Honestly this I could have suggested as well and we’ll all be right. Of course he’s. Going to be a ‘god’ level wizard. 💁‍♀️

1 minute ago, Kramer said:

Honestly this I could have suggested as well and we’ll all be right. Of course he’s. Going to be a ‘god’ level wizard. 💁‍♀️

In fairness, there's a difference between 'very powerful' and 'most powerful'. Being a better caster than Nagash would be pretty darn exciting!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jaskier said:

In fairness, there's a difference between 'very powerful' and 'most powerful'. Being a better caster than Nagash would be pretty darn exciting!

True... but to an extent also subjective. But point taken. 

2 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

where is this page? I didn't see anything on the Warhammer Community feed

Also wishing I had uhh kept more of my Lizardmen maybe :( I didn't like the metal cav and monsters I had from WFB, but urgh the Saurus...

Dropped a word there. I meant the official Warhammer Age of Sigmar Facebook page. 

4 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

Dropped a word there. I meant the official Warhammer Age of Sigmar Facebook page. 

I thought the facebook pages had the same news as WC... time to begrudgingly bookmark that one too

edit: it's even got the newest Roll Models that the official comic page doesn't 🤔

Edited by CommissarRotke

1 hour ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

Let's also not forget that while Nagash is the god of death and undeath, Teclis is the god of magic.  I would rather expect the god of magic to be good at the thing he is the god of, yes?

What makes him the god of magic specifically? He's just hysh magic instead of nagash's shyish. There's nothing specifically more magical about the realm of light vs the realm of death. 

It was Teclis' obsession in the world that was, and he was on par with Caledor Dragontamer, the greatest mage of all time, and Nagash himself when Nagash had already basically made himself the demigod of undeath.  All of this was while Teclis was still mortal.  I guess I just extrapolated from there.  He is, at least, the aelven god of magic, much as his twin would embody aelven martial excellence.

• Like 1

@Grimrock Hysh is not only a realm of light but also of enlightement and revelation. It's and embodiment of truth, purity and wisdom. People of Hysh are seeking knowledge and are masters of arcane arts. To summarize: yes, Hysh is a realm of magic and Teclis is a god of magic.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Chikout said:

A rumour courtesy of warhammer weekly. It seems that we may be seeing new minis for Daughters of Khaine and Slaanesh later this year. Maybe we will finally get those Slaanesh mortals. Tom also mentioned the rumour about giants playing football with objectives and said that Teclis will be the best spell caster in the game. 

Warhammer weekly Tom does know people with inside info but he has been massively wrong in the past so it’s just a rumour for now. 

Those upcoming releases do make sense though especially if gw wants to develop the Slaanesh escaping storyline. 

Thank you for the info ! Even if you are right about Tom - also our own Whitefang has already said as much here about Teclis' powers - yet he is also sometimes totally right.

I would say that a potential Slaanesh mortals release is to be linked with the Magnificent Mirror story arc, i.e. some KO discovering Sigvald (?) soul inside a mirror near Shadespire, said mirror being then taken by Reshevious, the mortal Slaanesh lord on chariot who search Slaanesh with the Inhilus mutant. There are also frequent mentions of that other Slaanesh Lord in Stygxx who wants to mate with a demigoddess.

Reshevious story is developed in the Malign Portents campaign book, in "The Scent" short story (which saw him fight in Ulgu so fits DoK*) and in the Hedonites battletome.  Also we know that, at least for now, only Teclis and Morathi* take seriously the threat of Slaanesh escaping.

Two new campaigns for AoS, guide for writing narrative campaigns ( with pdf map on WH community site!) and some new rules for Warcry. 

Oh, and for 40k lovers - Jokaero in Blackstone Fortress! I think that's a bit unfair for enemies, how could they defeat a monkey that can make a minaiture  lascannon out of trash?

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/03/06/white-dwarf-preview-issue-452/?fbclid=IwAR2qYgeE6QhkuD2787U7p4I1-e61lQlgYO9dOrDeEEyNdKcJh2gNyjfNpMY#utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=WD&utm_content=WDWhitedwarfpreview06March20

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, michu said:

Two new campaigns for AoS, guide for writing narrative campaigns ( with pdf map on WH community site!) and some new rules for Warcry. 

Oh, and for 40k lovers - Jokaero in Blackstone Fortress! I think that's a bit unfair for enemies, how could they defeat a monkey that can make a minaiture  lascannon out of trash?

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/03/06/white-dwarf-preview-issue-452/?fbclid=IwAR2qYgeE6QhkuD2787U7p4I1-e61lQlgYO9dOrDeEEyNdKcJh2gNyjfNpMY#utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=WD&utm_content=WDWhitedwarfpreview06March20

Sounds interesting. Yet for the next issue I‘d really like to see additional rules for Daughters, Idoneth and slaves to darkness 🤔

I loved the Sepiternals. Yet nobody plays them since their styg were re-written battalions. Too bad the new ones were even more expensive than their standard issue which essentially made them unplayable (overcosting + overcosting = why?). So if anything like that is added, then please make the designers really think it through ^^

16 minutes ago, michu said:

I really hope they collect all these realms of battle rules into one large book some day.

If DoK and Slaanesh are both to receive new models in the coming year that seems like a prime candidate for a dual-army box to me, could be just a new hero for each, or something more like Feast of Bones where we get new Slaanesh mortals for one half, or whatever.