The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Ogregut said:

I have consulted the stars, read the tea leaves, looked into the crystal ball and concluded lizards are coming tonight.

(Disclaimer: it was completely overcast so saw no stars, used a tea bag so there were no leaves and I don't have a crystal ball so used a magic 8 ball. It said - try again later.)

You posted this on the internet so I believe you.

• Like 2

On the subject of (mad) science - The Loathsome Ratmen and All Their Vile Kin - is up for "made to order" for only 2 weeks. 

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Loathsome-Ratmen-And-All-Their-Vile-Kin-2020

It's the "go to" book for Skaven lore from the Old World. Which because the Skaven pulled a trick and the Horned Rat basically threw their massive midden of a city into the Mortal Realms, means that its mostly pretty accurate to current Skaven affairs. It's chock full of lore, artwork and more. It's a great book, right up there with publications like the Libre Chaotica. 

GW's print on order are high quality products, as good as the originals. So you miss nothing out going for them and they are well worth it. This is the paperback, not hardback, edition. The bonus is this means the price is also lower, only £20 from the UK and equivalents around the world. 

If you've any interest in Skaven or even just general lore or want to see some of the great art its well worth picking up! 

If you're still not sure there's a great general review of the book here

The guy also reviews a lot of other books and material, a good resource to get an idea of the rough contents before making a purchase

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 hours ago, Ogregut said:

I have consulted the stars, read the tea leaves, looked into the crystal ball and concluded lizards are coming tonight.

(Disclaimer: it was completely overcast so saw no stars, used a tea bag so there were no leaves and I don't have a crystal ball so used a magic 8 ball. It said - try again later.)

Well looking over what future releases we know about Seraphon should be coming today or next week, unless they throw in something we didn't know about (like the Valhallan) the only thing that should be coming soon is the rest of the Sisters of Battle stuff (PA6 shouldn't be this soon as they didn't show Ghazghkull yet)

Edited by Matrindur

ALL'S COOL IN THE SPAWNING POOL... THE NEW ADVENTURES OF THE SPACE FROG WIZARDS & THEIR DINOSAUR RIDING DINOSAUR CHUMS ARE GO!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/03/01/sunday-preview-star-lizards-and-start-collecting-boxes/ 

Also that recent fern like rumour engine has been solved pretty quickly with that new Catachan special model (cool model too btw).

de6e97ef.jpg

b8a2e679.jpg

Edited by JPjr
  • Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

I'm curious to see if this means the old Daughters start collecting will get removed from sale. The witch elves/sisters of slaughter are one of the most expensive troop units in the game and their price alone makes them a barrier to entry on the faction considering you want what... 60-90? Having them in the start collecting at least made starting the faction barely feasible, but removing the current start collecting would make starting much harder.

Edited by Grimrock
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

Is the DoK one good? When you get one, is it usefull to get a second one?

Blood Sisters are good, and the Blood Cauldron kit builds every single Daughters Hero besides Morathi. Getting atleast 2 (to build one as Bloodwrack Shrine) is the best way to go when starting Daughters.

I'm curious to see if this means the old Daughters start collecting will get removed from sale. The witch elves/sisters of slaughter are one of the most expensive troop units in the game and their price alone makes them a barrier to entry on the faction considering you want what... 60-90? Having them in the start collecting at least made starting the faction barely feasible, but removing the current start collecting would make starting much harder.

That box was only a limited time thing and hasnt been avaible for a while now. 

Edited by Gecktron
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Grimrock said:

They...don't have a current Start Collecting. This is the first DoK bundle that isn't a limited time offer.

That said, the value is, ehhhhhhh. It's a snake box+Cauldron box, which assuming this thing sells for $100, is a less than whopping 25% discount. That said, you'll need like two of these anyway to play DoK and it makes the cauldron finally available through retail channels, so in the end assuming full discount vs GWs website you're basically getting the snake ladies for free with each Cauldron.

It's not completely terrible, I'm even tempted to buy one, but honestly buying two of them will shave maybe $100 off your DoK army, total. You're still in for Witch Aelf buying hell.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, madmac said:

They...don't have a current Start Collecting. This is the first DoK bundle that isn't a limited time offer.

That said, the value is, ehhhhhhh. It's a snake box+Cauldron box, which assuming this thing sells for $100, is a less than whopping 25% discount. That said, you'll need like two of these anyway to play DoK and it makes the cauldron finally available through retail channels, so in the end assuming full discount vs GWs website you're basically getting the snake ladies for free with each Cauldron.

It's not completely terrible, I'm even tempted to buy one, but honestly buying two of them will shave maybe $100 off your DoK army, total. You're still in for Witch Aelf buying hell.

Oh they got rid of the old one? Sorry I think my lgs still has one on the shelf that's been sitting for a while. Didn't realize it was discontinued haha, my bad. Wow that's really rough for daughters.

Just now, Huanchi said:

looking at the oldblood card..  seraphon lost Deamon keyword? 

They're flesh and blood lizards now that live in the realms and are using those shrines to spread their influence and convert the lands into Lustria-like jungles. Looks like they've updated the rules to reflect the new lore. His Bravery is also 8 now. They've removed the -1 Rend ignoring for improving the save to 3+ too, and his Command Ability gives +1 to hit for Saurus units.

• Like 1

Both good start collecting sets and great to see DoK getting one! It's good solid content too, the Cauldron kit is almost essential for them and the snakewomen area very good unit to own and a great model. I can easily see two or three of those being a very solid core for many - giving a good roster of heroes and snakes and such to use. 

and finally SERAPHON! Only a few weeks now and we can have a celebration that AoS will finally be fully 2.0 compliant and the entire game up to date! That's massive news and a huge line in the sand between the rough start all those years ago and where we are now with AoS! Great times and we've already got one confirmed and one mythical rumour of new armies on the horizon too! 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Mutton said:

Witch Elves are so expensive that even GW couldn't afford to put them in their SC boxes.

I mean if it was Witch Aelves instead of Medusai, it would have been a rereleased of the old Skirmish box they had three years ago.

I have a feeling that you can choice an allegiance that allows your Seraphon to become Daemons or play as mortal lizard people

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

The  gloomspite box isn’t that hot of a deal. Troggoths 60, squig here 45 and loonboss 30. $135 worth of models for about $100. So the starter basically gets you a free loonboss. 

It's also not that hot in interaction with itself