The Rumour Thread

10 hours ago, Ogregut said:

Still holding out that goblins will be part of SoB and we will get a dual box that is reminiscent of the old 4th edition warhammer box.

We have moonclan grots in Gloomspite Gitz.  We have spiderfang grots in Gloomspite Gitz.  We have gnoblar grots in Ogre Mawtribes. 
We expect to have more grots in Grotbag Skuttlers (GW would be crazy to not eventually release this army they've mentioned several times now)
Please, we do not need grots in SoB. That would be grots in 4 out of 5 destruction factions (the 5th one containing the OTHER greenskins). 
Destruction does not have to be only green guys.  And we don't need horde chaff in every army, that is boring. What we need is for the rules to not favor horde chaff so much instead. 

58 minutes ago, Fulcanelli said:

Strange! Besides, it says "temporary"... Also we've already seen the old Slann in the terrain preview and saurus in warcry.

It's repackaging a possibility?

For the record I am not hopeful for many or any new models but I don't think this is definitive at all. So what if they wanted to show off the new terrain before a new Slann? A picture on their website does not bind them to anything. Same with the warcry cards. I have a feeling that despite their best efforts that's gonna be a pretty low volume product, and one at which they can simply update the artwork on later if they ever actually do a second run on it. They aren't going to drop any of the units, just potentially update the sculpts.  And if they do update Saurus Warrior and Knight sculpts, I imagine it will get the Slaves to Darkness SC treatment and not replace the old kits. 

3 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

They aren't going to drop any of the units, just potentially update the sculpts.  And if they do update Saurus Warrior and Knight sculpts, I imagine it will get the Slaves to Darkness SC treatment and not replace the old kits. 

Yes, I agree. I really hope for seraphon players!
And probably you're right, guys: it's a sudden increase of interest before the battletome update. 

1 hour ago, Fulcanelli said:

Yes, I agree. I really hope for seraphon players!
And probably you're right, guys: it's a sudden increase of interest before the battletome update. 

But really, the Troglodon at 65€ is sold out and the SC at 70€ with a Troglodon in it isn't?

EDIT: Troglodon back available.

Edited by zilberfrid

On 2/23/2020 at 3:35 PM, ageofpaddsmar said:

Because every other old battletome being redone for 2.0 was released no more then 2 weeks from the reveal. 

Need was probably the wrong word but we were told about the sylvaneth delay why not this one. 

Nearly out of patients. Should have been 1 of the first 2.0 books. The book was ready to go 2 years 

Laughs in cities of Sigmar

• Haha 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 minute ago, Overread said:

If Idoneth get one more "hunting wild sea creature" story, then I want someone to paint them British Upper Class fox-hunting colours ;) Or overseas hunting colours. With monocles. 

Isn't high visibility camo a real hunter thing? https://www.decathlon.co.uk/steppe-100-hunting-jacket-high-visibility-camo-id_8339146.html

I'd say that Idoneth in khakis glorious mustaches and with a pith helmet would be a sight to see.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zilberfrid said:

Isn't high visibility camo a real hunter thing? https://www.decathlon.co.uk/steppe-100-hunting-jacket-high-visibility-camo-id_8339146.html

I'd say that Idoneth in khakis glorious mustaches and with a pith helmet would be a sight to see.

Yeah but there's a subtle difference. High visibility camo is supposed to break up the body appearance using colours that key prey animals are colourblind too; but which typical humans aren't. It mostly came around I believe, because of American hunting practice where the early parts of the season people were getting shot because they were wearing regular camo in hunting areas and were invisible to other hunters (likely using spray guns like shotguns). 

Meanwhile your standard British hunting dress has, basically nothing to do with camouflage and is more about being dressed in the "proper attire for the sport, what". And yeah Khakis, moustaches, pith helmets with eel-hounds at the fore. 

If anything I think the Seraphon are out of stock because of repackaging, then renewed interest. Unless GW is really going to have a huge explosion of reveals for solely AOS tabletop at Adepticon, new sculpts seem out of the question with Lumineth and Behemat being newest releases.

I just want the darn DOK warband already at this point. The 2 LRL articles before Adepticon are likely to be lore over any model reveals IMO, or small rule tidbits

7 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

I just want the darn DOK warband already at this point. The 2 LRL articles before Adepticon are likely to be lore over any model reveals IMO, or small rule tidbits

Do we have any clue what will be included? Im hoping for a Bloodwrack Medusa sculpt. 

1 minute ago, Gecktron said:

Do we have any clue what will be included? Im hoping for a Bloodwrack Medusa sculpt. 

Some of the card art within the Beastgrave set showed witch aelves (of course), and I believe a couple had melusai on it in some fashion. My guess would be 3-5 model warband, no hopes for something like a bloodwrack though :( maybe a new Hag Queen mode/stand-in for sure with the leader.

From the card art (which is not always accurate, granted) we have seen a Blood Stalker, Blood Sister, Sister of Slaughter, and two Witch Aelves on one card, another card shows a Witch Aelf with a goblet of blood, so I'd guess the hero will be a Hag Queen rather than a medusa.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 2/25/2020 at 11:36 AM, Shankelton said:

Obviously it's fantasy and could be anything, but that looks like a succulent to me. Thick leaves, spines. Usually I associate them with arid climates and deserts more then anything.

Nothing obvious about it. Could easily be a Deathworld plant.

6 hours ago, Gecktron said:

The general consensus at the moment based on card art and flavor text is this:
1 leader - a hag or something similar with a spear and possibly holding  a chalice. 
2 dual knife wielding witch elves  
1 blood stalker (the snake lady with a bow)   
1 sister of slaughter (with a whip) 

Source (from reddit): 2te1gw9gfti41.jpgF

Edited by Inquisitorsz
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

So the nova and adepticon reveals will be luminarks? I really hope that is not the case that they're splitting a faction release into two studio previews.

Some single models have already appeared in more than one. It's a little anti climatic for my taste

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, CDM said:

So the nova and adepticon reveals will be luminarks? I really hope that is not the case that they're splitting a faction release into two studio previews.

Some single models have already appeared in more than one. It's a little anti climatic for my taste

Nova is in September so I doubt it will be about Lumineth 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CDM said:

There should be 2 more luminark lowdowns before the studio preview. I would hope some models get revealed in those, but I suspect maybe Tyrion gets revealed at Adepticon, but I do not think that will be the "big" AoS reveal, I think probably SoB will be revealed and/or the next stage in the story line (which likely involves some campaign book, box set, a new edition, or whatever)