The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, gronnelg said:

Someone one reddit said they had been in contact with GW, and that they were currently working on plastic Sryre Acolytes. If that's true... Omg! 
Does any know anything about this? Assuming it's true, how long would you imagine we'll have to wait for them to be available?

I assume you mean have a contact at GW, and not just have been in contact with GW? Because GW definitely wouldn’t tell people stuff like that. 

13 minutes ago, gronnelg said:

Someone one reddit said they had been in contact with GW, and that they were currently working on plastic Sryre Acolytes. If that's true... Omg! 
Does any know anything about this? Assuming it's true, how long would you imagine we'll have to wait for them to be available?

If plastic Acolytes are being sculpted right now we won't see them for about 2 years. 

7 minutes ago, Beastmaster said:

So they had already planned the new High Elves before the old ones were deleted?

Thats actually quite reassuring and upsetting at the same time 😬

Don't forget AoS had a very different design at launch. Many of the forces we now see might have been armies designed and planned for way back then. However GW held them back and adjusted their plans. Perhaps armies like Luminoth are getting more than they were once going to get.

I'm surprised GW didn't keep the high elf stuff out there, rename it luminoth and then replace/update the sculpts. That said it might be that when Cities of Sigmar was designed it "saved" a block of concepts within the lore and within the game and GW decided to keep it going. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gronnelg said:

Well considering that a similar rumor has been going around, the internet 3 and a half years ago, I wouldn’t get your hopes too much up.

although new acolytes would be cool.

Never understood why they renamed acolytes. Poisoned wind globadiers was a great name!!! I remember going into GW and when I was a kid and there would be 10 kids on each side in learning games using a single unit each and one player   would have 10 acolytes running around  the board causing mayhem!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CDM said:

Never understood why they renamed acolytes. Poisoned wind globadiers was a great name!!! I remember going into GW and when I was a kid and there would be 10 kids on each side in learning games using a single unit each and one player   would have 10 acolytes running around  the board causing mayhem!

Probably because poisoned wind throwers, were some lousy  a bit more lucky rats that were given a poisoned glas globe to throw at the enemy.

In aos they for some reason have become some kind of a still in training engineer

22 minutes ago, CDM said:

„Here come the globe lobbers!“ 

- Markus Kruber, Vermintide

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CDM said:

Never understood why they renamed acolytes. Poisoned wind globadiers was a great name!!! 

It's quite possible they know they have to squat this model soon (it's the oldest AoS model...), and they know what they want the plastic Skyre acolytes to look like (or already designed them) and they are not all throwing globes!  Or they just want that freedom. It is very smart to not limit your design space by giving the model a restrictive name, especially when that name comes from an ancient 30 year old model that you're really trying to get rid of. The other option would be to kill the Globadier warscroll and introduce a new warscroll, which would have been quite unpopular, especially to those few people who actually spent hundreds of dollars on globadier models, or tons of time converting them. 

I think its because they were going to originally make each clan their own sub-army in full with their own book etc... So shifting from a unit name that denotes it as just a unit type and instead makes it an acolyte, thus sounding far more important and as part of a specific clan I think was part of giving each clan its own unique identity. 

A globadier could be from any clan, but a Skyre Acolyte is only from one clan. 

• Like 1

Just throwing this out there, but as time goes on I'm starting to suspect more and more that the Lumineth are going to be released in a dual box with Sons of Behemat. 

1. Rumors for both started at the same time.

2.  Both battletomes have already shipped.

3. It is more unusual for two new armies to release one right after the other than it is to release at the same time.

4. It fits into the timeslot of last year's Shadowspear release. The Lumineth seem to be getting a lot of the same treatmeant as CSM did last year.

Edited by Nighthaunt Noob

1 hour ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

Just throwing this out there, but as time goes on I'm starting to suspect more and more that the Lumineth are going to be released in a dual box with Sons of Behemat. 

1. Rumors for both started at the same time.

2.  Both battletomes have already shipped.

3. It is more unusual for two new armies to release one right after the other than it is to release at the same time.

4. It fits into the timeslot of last year's Shadowspear release. The Lumineth seem to be getting a lot of the same treatmeant as CSM did last year.

Shadowspear was 2 existing armies, You're suggesting a box with 2 brand new armies. I don't think GW would be that generous. I was very suprised Ossiarch Bonereapers was in a box for their release, but then again, only half of the plastic for them (3 half sprues + 1 hero) was new models, the other 3 half sprues were old (morghasts)

I'm afraid if we do see some "value" box for these new armies it will follow the Sisters of Battle level of value. where a $210 USD box has 2 frames of plastic + a hero (1 of those frames being 2 duplicate half frames...not my fave). Yes it had book and dice, and yes the models are fantastic and the sprues are crammed, but I still have a hard time calling it a "value" box at that price point. 

• Like 1