The Rumour Thread

13 minutes ago, ageofpaddsmar said:

Because every other old battletome being redone for 2.0 was released no more then 2 weeks from the reveal. 

Need was probably the wrong word but we were told about the sylvaneth delay why not this one. 

Nearly out of patients. Should have been 1 of the first 2.0 books. The book was ready to go 2 years 

The Sylvaneth stuff was actually delayed, not just later than you personally wanted it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ageofpaddsmar said:

Because every other old battletome being redone for 2.0 was released no more then 2 weeks from the reveal. 

Need was probably the wrong word but we were told about the sylvaneth delay why not this one. 

Nearly out of patients. Should have been 1 of the first 2.0 books. The book was ready to go 2 years 

Some books when announced came out quickly, others took much longer. 

The only reason we knew about the sylvaneth delay was because there were leaks before hand and GW acknowledged them and told us what happened.

I don't believe there is a delay here and the book will come out when expected.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ageofpaddsmar said:

I don't think that's true at all. They showed off Orruk Warclans and the new Ogor Tyrant in July during the open day and Warclans didn't get released til October and Mawtribes got released November. 

48 minutes ago, The World Tree said:

Plus Seraphon already have a book and it is fine. Far from perfect, but it has been very resilient to change.

I think the problem was that being one of the oldest books and being left for.last gave seraphon players (me included) an expectation of a large release, maybe with updated models that we desperately need (plastic slann?). Now given the lack of more news it seems it may be just the terrain piece, making us a bit disappointed, so.we just want the book..

The old book didnt hold up at all, our lore is almost inexistent so we are never mentioned in stories, our warscrolls have suffered a lot from power creep and the meta changing to mortal wounds. What saved us mechanically was the summoning introduced in the GHB + teleporting with skinks. Meanwhile all the saurus units (3 battlelines) gather dust due to being unusable. 

We just want the book to inject new lizard goodness into aos, and make half of our units viable again.

Edited by Ivo
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Austin said:

I don’t think that’s what this will be about. 

Also I don’t see Felix as a Knight Excelsior.  Maybe a Tempest Lord?

Anvils of the Heldenhammer are the only confirmed Stormhost with WFB souls, with the Hallowed Knights having one implied. If I had to give Felix a Stormhost based on personality I'd probably put him in the Hammers of Sigmar, he's affable, has golden hair, and is so scared most of the time that it goes 180° and becomes fearlessness.

I'd rather see him turn up a part of an Ossiarch Bonereaper construct mind.

12 minutes ago, King Under the Mountain said:

I just hope Felix dosent come back for a good long while.  I love the dynamic between Gotrek and his new Dark Elf companion.

"Things that I'd never thought I'd say"

I hope if Felix does come back it's under King and only King. Gotrek on his own is straightforward enough, but other writers never quite managed to get Felix's voice or the duo's relationship down.

1 hour ago, The World Tree said:

Plus Seraphon already have a book and it is fine. Far from perfect, but it has been very resilient to change.

Not really, it's been almost entirely supplanted by GHB rules, except for most of the specific warscrolls which are also on the app. The batallions are the only thing the book offers.

• Like 2

The eldar release is a bit of a curve ball. I had forgotten all about them. I am happy to see them get a separate release. The box set was awful. I have all the old minis from it which is saying something as I haven't played 40k for almost 10 years. At this point I would be very surprised if we don't see Seraphon next. 

Unfortunately that puts the Lumineth release firmly into April. 

6 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

I hope if Felix does come back it's under King and only King. Gotrek on his own is straightforward enough, but other writers never quite managed to get Felix's voice or the duo's relationship down.

For the voice, if Stormcast they can basically let Google Translate speak it. 

I myself hate the "Oh, people liked this character in FB, let's put him in Stormcast, so they'll maybe like Stormcast" meme.

• Like 1

Gotrek is rather random at present and without any focus. One moment he's in depression, the next he's running after his axe, then he wants to kill all the gods, then he wants to find Felix. His axe tends to dominate more so, whilst his desire to hunt for Felix flits from yes to no as he battles with the fact that he wants things from the past, but at the same time fears for what might have changed. Killing the gods is more revenge for the fact he blames them for all the ills and wrongs in his life at present (which to be fair is basically true).; plus he remembers some from before they were gods. 

I think we won't see Felix, if we do don't forget he might have been reforged enough times to forget he was ever Felix. Malaneth is proving really popular and I think its also a really nice way to change the dynamic between Gotrek and his companion. Instead of one questioning if he wants or should keep going with an insane dwarf; we've one debating on the best way to try and get him killed - whilst at the same time sometimes not wanting to get him killed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Double Misfire said:

Are they? Neat.

I've not head of them, where to they show up? :) 

They’re so niche that there isn’t much on them. But that’s why they checked my boxes. Black armour as I wanted to try that, limited background so I can write my own. But a few to inspire and give me some direction. 

top of mind a couple of things (I have list back home)

- they are renowned for the decimators. They are grim reapers on the battlefield that harvest enemies. (See for examples the stormcast battletome)
- Born under the moon of Mallus. With which they have a link and old world souls.

- they have big monolithic fortresses. 
- they are the partners in the Realmgate war book where gordrak allies with stormcast vs. Tzeentch. (This is their biggest screen time) 

- very serious, very angry, very direct and a bit aloof. Their basic tactic is land in the middle of their opponents and just decimate them. Usually with decimators. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Overread said:

Gotrek is rather random at present and without any focus. One moment he's in depression, the next he's running after his axe, then he wants to kill all the gods, then he wants to find Felix. His axe tends to dominate more so, whilst his desire to hunt for Felix flits from yes to no as he battles with the fact that he wants things from the past, but at the same time fears for what might have changed. Killing the gods is more revenge for the fact he blames them for all the ills and wrongs in his life at present (which to be fair is basically true).; plus he remembers some from before they were gods. 

I think we won't see Felix, if we do don't forget he might have been reforged enough times to forget he was ever Felix. Malaneth is proving really popular and I think its also a really nice way to change the dynamic between Gotrek and his companion. Instead of one questioning if he wants or should keep going with an insane dwarf; we've one debating on the best way to try and get him killed - whilst at the same time sometimes not wanting to get him killed.

I would argue that Trachos is the really MVP of those stories. I think his relationship with Gotrek is the best thing about the series - they both feel incredible guilt and are both losing parts of themselves. They're bonded by memories - they both want to keep them as they come from former lives that defined them, but are losing more of themselves every day. The characters reveal more about each other through their interactions. That's good, efficient storytelling and character building. I'm not really sure the writers know what to do with Maleneth; there's probably a really well rounded character in there somewhere, but so far all the writers have been plowing the same furrow. We now have them at a state where Gotrek and Maleneth have a grudging respect for each other, but I don't think much more is going on than that. We don't learn anything special about her through her interactions with the other characters.

But hey, Ghoulslayer was one of the best AoS books released so far, so I don't mind if they take a little longer to make Maleneth more well rounded than "Killy Aelf who talks to herself". And if they bring back Felix? Well Ghoulslayer was a lot about grief, and Felix played a large part in that. I think it was handled well, so I don't mind it being something that persists. I think Gotrek works as a good vehicle to drive stories of loss and grief in AoS. He's one of the few elements of the setting that benefits from the 30 years of lore we gave up.

• Like 4