The Rumour Thread

More hype needs to be had over William King writing AoS stories!  I am very excited to see what he does with the Knights Excelsior.  There is the short story below, but then also he has a story in the upcoming Oaths and Conquest (and I think it is also Knights Excelsior).  f75810b2.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 hours ago, Still-young said:

Nope. They’re generally more characterful versions of the infantry kits. I prefer them, most of the time. 

Same, I can't think of an UW warband that isn't on par with or superior to their regular AoS infantry counterpart.

Tbh in this case though something for bonesplitters would have been nice, I actually prefer the bird mask dude to the one on the cards. Stands out a lot more, really unexpected.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

Same, I can't think of an UW warband that isn't on par with or superior to their regular AoS infantry counterpart.

Tbh in this case though something for bonesplitters would have been nice, I actually prefer the bird mask dude to the one on the cards. Stands out a lot more, really unexpected.

I agree.  These guys all look great and to me the shirtless one with the bird skull mask is quite a stand-out.  I’ll probably buy a couple of sets of these and convert some of them into alternate warchanters or weirdnobs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dirtnaps said:

I'm really surprised people are complaining about there being another Ironjawz warband considering we've pretty much known there was going to be one since the starter set for this season was released. Personally I think their sculpts look great, they'll look great alongside my Ironskullz Boys when I use them for Warcry too. 

I’m only disappointed because I was hoping for some new Bonesplitterz models - preferably an alternate hero sculpt (wardok please!).  The entire bonesplitter range is from Warhammer fantasy 8th edition or older.  The current wardok is one of the oldest sculpts that GW sells.  He is from 6th edition Warhammer fantasy (possibly older).  It is still a decent model, but wardoks are now a hero you are likely to use more than one of and I was hoping for an updated model.  That said, it is easy to convert wardoks from the plastic savage Orruk kit so it’s not a big deal.

These Ironjawz look great to me - so I am happy to have them.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bsharitt said:

No, in fact I'm a little disappointed that Underworlds is where to much of GW's model making "energy" seems to be going. They could at least have the decency to use the in a skirmish game instead of a board game.

can't you use them in the skirmish mode anyway?  they have tabletop stats.

my only gripe with AOS skirmish is the updated rules are in a White Dwarf I can't find for a reasonable price, and no idea if they updated their ePub rules to be in line with that mag

• Like 3

The two ironjawz underworlds warbands would make a perfect Warcry warband when combined. I will be picking these guys up for exactly that reason. A lot of the underworlds warbands can be used well that way.  I enjoy underworlds but don’t play it that much. I love the minis though. They make for fantastic painting projects. They fit pretty seamlessly into a Warcry warband and they often make for great alt sculpts to bring variety to an army. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Clan's Cynic said:

I know there's three Stormcast Warbands, but they're the poster boys so that's to be anticipated. 

I'm personally hoping for a fourth since they haven't done the Extremis chamber yet and Beastgrave would be perfect for a single model warband of an Astral Templar Stormcast riding his battle-scarred dracoth which is cumbersome in the small battlefield but can fry the opposition with lightning in the right circumstances. :) 

Just now, Austin said:

More hype needs to be had over William King writing AoS stories!  I am very excited to see what he does with the Knights Excelsior.  There is the short story below, but then also he has a story in the upcoming Oaths and Conquest (and I think it is also Knights Excelsior).  f75810b2.jpg

I've been flipping out since the announcement and I saw his name on Oaths and Conquests with a glorious knight of their Stormhost on the cover!

It's a match made in Azyrheim to have a famed gritty writer behind such a merciless Stormhost. :D

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Skabnoze said:

I’m only disappointed because I was hoping for some new Bonesplitterz models - preferably an alternate hero sculpt (wardok please!).  The entire bonesplitter range is from Warhammer fantasy 8th edition or older.  The current wardok is one of the oldest sculpts that GW sells.  He is from 6th edition Warhammer fantasy (possibly older).  It is still a decent model, but wardoks are now a hero you are likely to use more than one of and I was hoping for an updated model.  That said, it is easy to convert wardoks from the plastic savage Orruk kit so it’s not a big deal.

These Ironjawz look great to me - so I am happy to have them.

FEC is an example where they did add to pre-aos armies, as well as LoN and all chaos. They have evaded Cities as well, which bothers me more than it should.

17 hours ago, Austin said:

Pls no Stormcast Felix 🤮

3 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

I think that the problems with China are affecting the releases of news...

The only things made in China are terrain and Endless spells afaik, and we got the import documents a while ago, so doubt it has anything to do with China

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, novakai said:

Welp the star didn't align and the prophecy was false

RIP Lizardmen Astrology, better luck next week 

I blame the skaven, fouling up the portents with their fell magics!! 

In hindsight, it wasn't going to be next week as it's black library celebration day. Those new releases should rightfully take centre stage. 

Fingers crossed for next Sunday!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, ageofpaddsmar said:

This is getting stupid now. If there's a hold up we need to be informed

Why? I don't believe they committed to a date, so:

1. How is this a "hold up?"

2. Even if it is one, why would we "need" to be informed?

It will come! I'm looking forward to it as well, but I think we can be a bit patient, right?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

Just now, Kasper said:

The only things made in China are terrain and Endless spells afaik, and we got the import documents a while ago, so doubt it has anything to do with China

Battletomes and Warscroll cards are also produced in China. I could be wrong, but I don't think we ever got a shipping manifest for the Seraphon Battletome, just warscroll cards and (months ago) the terrain piece.

With SoB, we've definitely seen both cards and books, and dice for Lumineth just this week.

It's mostly just confusing because the Seraphon announcement at LVO made it sound like they were less than a month away, and that's definitely not in the cards at this point.

17 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

my only gripe with AOS skirmish is the updated rules are in a White Dwarf I can't find for a reasonable price, and no idea if they updated their ePub rules to be in line with that mag

I have the Ibooks epup Skirmish book.  I had no idea that there were newer rules somewhere.  I did just look at the latest errata from the book, and the epup has been updated to include to the errata, so I assume the rules are current.  Is the the White Dwarf available as an epub?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sleboda said:

Why? I don't believe they committed to a date, so:

1. How is this a "hold up?"

2. Even if it is one, why would we "need" to be informed?

It will come! I'm looking forward to it as well, but I think we can be a bit patient, right?

Because every other old battletome being redone for 2.0 was released no more then 2 weeks from the reveal. 

Need was probably the wrong word but we were told about the sylvaneth delay why not this one. 

Nearly out of patients. Should have been 1 of the first 2.0 books. The book was ready to go 2 years