The Rumour Thread

I would be shocked if GW didn't do a vampire army - In fact I'm more surprised that an army like Ossiarchs came before vampires considering how many books BL has made focusing on the vampires and how vampires have always been well liked. I can very much see them getting their own army and I hope it comes "soon". It's almost criminal to think that currently the most blood orientated army is Daughters of Khaine. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, sorokyl said:

I agree.  I think things like Skaven (just a really interesting faction already very heavy in the lore / fiction, very popular), and Free cities (gotta have a faction of just regular ol' humans) will likely get updates in the future...

Well Skaven is a popular one but also pretty big. I reckon any update would be focussing on a specific clan rather than updating the main book. I think that was their idea from the beginning but then AoS 2.0 came and they did not have time to do all clans and they merged them together. For the same criteria I believe some clans will not get any update in the near future. Cities too I think it’s a soup and any other human faction will exist parallel maybe with some intersection. 

LoN has his days counted as it makes every day less sense as many units cannot be used and was always hard to balance, will see if it gets transformed or simply fades away like Tamurkhan Horde, technically still playable but most of the range not sold anymore.

Gloomspite it’s an interesting one as basically has a brand new core but seems a bit of a mash of different things that don’t really work together so will see how and if it will be expanded.

Then there’s the borderline category where certain armies may not get any new model for some time especially because extremely tied with a potential Old World release, at least until they figure that part out. Those would be the Sylvaneth and the Seraphon for example.

3 hours ago, Minis by Night said:

2020-02-19-dice-and-card-packs.jpg.6ecb698a4bd7c86d67f3b2bdf511fcd9.jpg

Have fun!

The old world alliance team should be a blood bowl thing as those card packs are also called team card pack

Maybe a teaser like team to show us what they will support with The Old World?

Or a team in which you can mix different other factions?

Edited by Matrindur

28 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

The old world alliance team should be a blood bowl thing as those card packs are also called team card pack

Still, Blood Bowl can be a good resource, depending on the team. The dwarves look good, the humans too obviously american football players.

30 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

Maybe something like this from ye olde version: 

http://www.midgardbb.com/GWTeams/OldWorld.html

12 hours ago, Overread said:

I would be shocked if GW didn't do a vampire army - In fact I'm more surprised that an army like Ossiarchs came before vampires considering how many books BL has made focusing on the vampires and how vampires have always been well liked. I can very much see them getting their own army and I hope it comes "soon". 

I hope not, i have still my house to pay. For the moment I manage to control my gaming budget by playing warcry, you don't need to invest too much for a warband, but a vampire army is far too tempting.

Is that the second time they've used those ETB Castigators in a separate boxed game? Well it's not like anyone will ever use them in AoS proper so whatever I guess.

Ironjawz warband is three brutes, exactly as expected. I'm gonna get them, just to have a playable Warcry band combined with the Ironskulz boys but I'm a little disappointed they didn't work in an alternate hero sculpt somehow.

GW only has a limited range of push-fit models - which is why they get rolled out a lot for those sidegames. The pushfit are basically aimed at allowing GW to have easy assemble and quick assemble models for side-games not targeted at wargamers and hobbyists. The sort of person that buys them might never apply any paint to them nor clean off mouldlines or even use glue. They will clip them out; push them together and play. 

It's why the 40K version of one game has easy assemble marines and then no ork models. 

Of course GW gets away with it because its not a wargamer market they are going for with those products; its boardgames, families e tc.... 

2 hours ago, Overread said:

News from the Toy Fair

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/02/22/revealed-at-the-new-york-toy-fairgw-homepage-post-1/

Of important AoS note - new Underworld Warband

3fc268a4.jpg

Damn cant wait to get my hands on these bad boys. They will 100% dominate the meta with the Warchanters buff.

On a more serious note, they do look great and fit right in. I hope they will help make Brutes more interesting on the table with their AoS rules.

Edited by Kasper
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kasper said:

Damn cant wait to get my hands on these bad boys. They will 100% dominate the meta with the Warchanters buff.

On a more serious note, they do look great and fit right in. I hope they will help make Brutes more interesting on the table with their AoS rules.

I do really like the models, but the two handed mace looks like they glued an ardboy mace to the end of a brute smasher as an afterthought, or to save sculpting time. It just looks amaturish, not what I expect from GW.  . I’ll probably be cutting that off. 

9 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Skaven!

we are still missing a set of clans pestilence, eshin, masterclan, moulder and skryre

I actually put my skaven purchases on hold until Eshin gets proper support. Its the year of the rat, so I have my fingers crossed for a big Skaven release wave.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kugane said:

I actually put my skaven purchases on hold until Eshin gets proper support. Its the year of the rat, so I have my fingers crossed for a big Skaven release wave.

Well I was actually referring to the underworld warbands😋, but we could certainly use a big reveal, if that’ll be the case this year is sadly something I don’t know😢😅