The Rumour Thread

@Koradrel of Chrace I suppose that superiority is something that I shouldn't be discussing as I just started collecting the ill formed abandoned sea dwellers. I have to say Aelven lore in AOS is so fascinating and the best carry over from the old world in my opinion. 

Returning to the function of the thread, I am really excited to see what the future holds for Seraphon lore and I really hope that Oxyotl will return in some fashion.  But I do not think Chameleon Skinks made it into Warcry which makes me a little worried that they will not return at all.

5 minutes ago, Ravinsild said:

Is there any news about like...not single posed Chaos Warriors and Knights from that Start Collecting kit?

The "news" (and it was known since the beginning of the release) is that old Chaos Warriors are to stay.

Edited by michu

Just now, michu said:

The "news" (and it was known since beginnig ofthe release) is that old Chaos Warriors are to stay.

Ah, interesting. So basically just like you can buy a bunch of start collecting box for new sculpts...or just use the old ones. And also the rest of chaos stays as is. 

Why does this hobby like to hurt me?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Evangelist of Cinders said:

GW seems to hate any concept that is similar to WHFB all cavalry army option. Which is a shame as far as the part of AoS I love the best is the  capacity for player creative design

Frankly, I feel ironjawz has plenty of heroes. Don’t get me wrong, I’d love a grunta mounted hero, but would prefer a new troop type. Something that gave us a new tactical option. A siege weapon, a ranged unit, or cheap cannon fodder, etc. Or even a miniature mawkrusha or other beastie that functions like  a flamers of tzeench

allying with the bonesplitters gives some  of that but you lose the heavily armored ironjawz aesthetic. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Ravinsild said:

Ah, interesting. So basically just like you can buy a bunch of start collecting box for new sculpts...or just use the old ones. And also the rest of chaos stays as is. 

Why does this hobby like to hurt me?

What STD got is more than skaven, ogors, BoC, Sylvaneth, Cities of Sigmar, etc got... 
And with the new sculpts  it's not an either or thing, the new STD SC minis were designed to fit right into large ranks with existing chaos warriors. 

I really think it's a nice compromise.  The main complaint with the current chaos warrior is the static pose. Mixing in new some guys with a dynamic pose can breath life into the army a bit, without invalidating the existing plastic minis that they've been selling for AoS (in SC and battleforce boxes) for years.  It is doubly smart because they really do not have the production capacity to add more kits right now, but actually what they've done is reduce the number of sprues needed for an SC box (SC boxes are very high volume), because modern push fit minis are so sprue-efficient. 

I would love to see something similar done with Seraphon, whose SC box has TONS of sprues, is very inefficient to produce for a company whose completely production bottlenecked. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

Frankly, I feel ironjawz has plenty of heroes. Don’t get me wrong, I’d love a grunta mounted hero, but would prefer a new troop type. Something that gave us a new tactical option. A siege weapon, a ranged unit, or cheap cannon fodder, etc. Or even a miniature mawkrusha or other beastie that functions like  a flamers of tzeench

allying with the bonesplitters gives some  of that but you lose the heavily armored ironjawz aesthetic. 

A shooting unit that just throws rocks or other assorted items.  

15 minutes ago, Ravinsild said:

Gordrakk? :P

A Destruction playing friend was bemoaning none of the classic Orc and Goblin characters having survived the transition to Age of Sigmar in the same way Order, Chaos and Death's biggest players had, and between that and the 40k Ghazkul teases I now feel like one of those Morglum Necksnapper grognards who didn't like Grimgor back in the day, wanting Grimgor to wake up under a big rock, having reunited his head and neck (do orcs even have necks!?) through sheer 'ardness, and smack Gordrakk around so hard he's demoted to a generic Megaboss on Maw-crusha weapon option.

Also Grom, because if there's anything right on GW's fans will accept them embracing, it's probably body positivity.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

5 hours ago, Gothmaug said:

I have always thought that Iron-Jawz needed a warmachine option or at least a chariot, as I believe even rudimentary technology would help give them a distinctive identity from bonesplitterz. The chariot option would be especially nice if you could put a hero on it.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I have always thought that Iron-Jawz needed a warmachine option or at least a chariot, as I believe even rudimentary technology would help give them a distinctive identity from bonesplitterz. The chariot option would be especially nice if you could put a hero on it.

And pulled by two gore-gruntas.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

I have always thought that Iron-Jawz needed a warmachine option or at least a chariot, as I believe even rudimentary technology would help give them a distinctive identity from bonesplitterz. The chariot option would be especially nice if you could put a hero on 

That's one of the joys of AoS, you think it, make it. Have it count as warboss on mawcrusher. It simply plows through terrain (fly), lots of spikes and blades (destructive bulk), a big horn (the ear shattering bellow).

And of course paint it red!

• Like 4

19 hours ago, sorokyl said:

It is doubly smart because they really do not have the production capacity to add more kits right now,

this is why GW doing a gargant army makes me nervous: they have limited production, and wouldn't those sprues take more space than new units for other smaller factions?

I hope we'll get a sense of how big the Lumineth release will be tomorrow (22nd) at the Toy Fair... and eyes on the final Underworld warbands.

I get a feeling GW has a plan of how many factions they want and one of their core approaches is to try and get the bulk of them out and in players hands then focus on expansion of what they've got. That, at least is what I hope. The one dread is that GW keeps adding more and more armies. I don't think they will, there is a limit point. Especially because gamers have shown time and again that whilst they are happy to spread out and collect a second army; many (most) are loyal to only a few armies if one. So if you stop making models for an army the sales for that army eventually flatten out to basically only new customers,

Meanwhile existing fans steadily slow on purchasing; some might jump to a new army, but if their core army gets no attention ever; they are more likely to jump ship to another game. Remember starting a new game VS starting a new army is basically the same cost to a gamer; a new set of rules, even at the top end of the market, is very cheap in comparison. So if GW wants to retain a hold on their customers, its important to keep attention on all their armies. Things like the current PA campaign and releases for 40K are just what GW needs. Small updates to a wide range of armies which sparks renewed interest in each army on its own is far more effective than just releasing a full new army on its own. 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Overread said:

I get a feeling GW has a plan of how many factions they want and one of their core approaches is to try and get the bulk of them out and in players hands then focus on expansion of what they've got. That, at least is what I hope. The one dread is that GW keeps adding more and more armies. I don't think they will, there is a limit point. Especially because gamers have shown time and again that whilst they are happy to spread out and collect a second army; many (most) are loyal to only a few armies if one. So if you stop making models for an army the sales for that army eventually flatten out to basically only new customers,

Meanwhile existing fans steadily slow on purchasing; some might jump to a new army, but if their core army gets no attention ever; they are more likely to jump ship to another game. Remember starting a new game VS starting a new army is basically the same cost to a gamer; a new set of rules, even at the top end of the market, is very cheap in comparison. So if GW wants to retain a hold on their customers, its important to keep attention on all their armies. Things like the current PA campaign and releases for 40K are just what GW needs. Small updates to a wide range of armies which sparks renewed interest in each army on its own is far more effective than just releasing a full new army on its own. 

Isn't that what killed WHFB in the first place? They quit updating armies and everyone already had everything so they just stopped buying anything and then the game died? 

I don't know if I am right at all however I think updating out of resin for armies would probably be huge. Imagine all new plastic vampires for Death, Blood Knights, Heroes, etc... even make 1 battleline vampire elite infantry. 

Imagine new plastic Chosen for Chaos. 

Imagine updating like all the old Skaven stuff. 

I think most people hate working with resin and most love plastic minis, so a lot of people would go to replace their resin stuff with new plastic. I know Khorne still has a lot of resin stuff I'd love to see replaced (thank god for new flesh hounds!!!) 

Edited by Ravinsild
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1