The Rumour Thread

9 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

~Bring Chaos Dwarves to plastic GW~

Couldn't agree more, I've been wanting plastic Chaos Dwarves for years. That said I reckon it's probably got something to do with Sons of Behemat, looks a bit like the face of a Mangler Squig that's been flattened and I'm assuming stretched over a shield or armour of some kind.

• Like 3

On 2/18/2020 at 3:08 PM, JPjr said:

@RuneBrush yeah, pretty much everything she makes has me giddy with joy, it’s such a clearly defined aesthetic that just looks incredible. I’d love to see an entire Tzeentch army by her, it’d be a riot.

much as I love the gritty Blanchitsu kind of stuff everytime I see her models I want to completely change everything I do to mine.

I think the thing that she and Blanche do so well is that they somehow are able to communicate their style and tone and character of the model without ever really veering from an established palette, that's the thing that always astonishes me. Louise can paint things in the most extraordinarily vibrant tropical colours without them losing an iota of their spirit. She can make Nurgle look more Nurgle with crisp Bright yellows and pinks than most can manage with the most traditional Nurgle approach.

Likewise Blanche can make brighter and more beautiful tones with brown than most can manage with a rainbow of colours.

Its a true testament to developing your own style and pursuing it as an art, making a miniature a canvas and part of your expression rather than letting the mini dictate what you do to it.

But then in my experience all the best mini painters have an understanding of art theory which allows them to consider a mini as a concept and a piece and exist in a whole other dimension to how most people who dont have that knowledge. Most people paint minis basically in a paint by numbers fashion. Belt is brown. Sword is metal. Shield is blue etc. They paint about thirty separate objects on one figure. Whereas my favourite artists (James Wappel added to the above, few others) tend to paint in respect to value, contrast and style as their determining factor, painting the mini as one coherent thing rather than a sort of Buckaroo Horse of multiple stuff stuck on one figure. 

Edited by Nos
  • Like 8
  • LOVE IT! 1

I admire her restraint in posting just a teaser of the little Tzeentch logo and then nothing on her Insta until bam, the full model was unleashed, none of that "here is a photo of a grey unprimed model I just bought followed by eight weeks of updates on the NMM taking shape on the left kneepad" - please do not make me hate the sight of your miniatures almost as much as I hate the sight of mine!!

• Like 5

Came to check the rumors and now not only did I learn something new about human eyes but I want new, brighter paints AND I also might need extra $$ for Seraphon resculpts??

Now I can't think of anything but iridescent lizards, if that's even possible with acrylics

Feb 22nd cannot come fast enough

Edited by CommissarRotke

in a vacuum perhaps the rumor could be lots of things, but we know Sons of Behemat is a thing that we can probably expect more teasers for, and we do not know of any Chaos on the way (not to say there isn't any).   We expect probably some other Destruction at some point (Grotbag Skuttlers).  People think Gitmob is coming back just because they got a shadespire warband (Personally don't think shadespire warbands necessarily mean anything).   So... i think the logical question is "Does it look like Sons of Behemat? Because if so it probably is"

RE: the seraphon poster. Don't see any reason to hope for new models just because they made this.  Other recently battletomed factions without models have gotten similar posters (namely  KO, Free Cities). 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, TheR00zle said:

wish there was some insight here, but doubt it. unless seraphon get jungle producing items

3 hours ago, mikethefish said:

Irregardless is not a word 😋

I'll try to remember that! :D But I came across it so often that it's hard to shake it by now, I appreciate the reminder though!

When I start to mix up "there", "their", "they're" the circle is complete and I will have a typical bored American teenager's full command of the English language! 😎

(yeah, not a native speaker...) 

• Like 2

The cover preview for White Dwarf 451 is up today at the end of the war hammer community article for issue 450. It shows an army of Seraphon fighting an army of Ironjawz. This months issue (450) contains a big section on the ironjawz. Could all this be a prelude to the rumored ironjawz boxed set? Perhaps paired with a seraphon relaunch?

I’d link the cover, but I’ll leave that to someone more tech savvy than I. 

15 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

The cover preview for White Dwarf 451 is up today at the end of the war hammer community article for issue 450. It shows an army of Seraphon fighting an army of Ironjawz. This months issue (450) contains a big section on the ironjawz. Could all this be a prelude to the rumored ironjawz boxed set? Perhaps paired with a seraphon relaunch?

I’d link the cover, but I’ll leave that to someone more tech savvy than I. 

As much as I'd love this, I'd not read too much into the WD covers.  Although they're loosely related to something coming out it tends to be only partly related - for example we had Kharadron vs Khorne the other day and nothing new for Khorne.  We know Seraphon are getting a new battletome soon, so it could just be that - or even more simply because are some new Orruk battalions in the magazine.

db395798.jpg

• Like 1