The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, novakai said:

the reveal is usually quite small so don't except anything big or part of the main line, last year it was Dreadfane, Stormvault, Combat arena, and the Funko Pop toys

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/02/15/15th-feb-new-models-games-and-funko-pop-at-the-new-york-toy-fairgw-homepage-post-3/

They reveald a lot of side-game stuff in the last weeks: WH:Q BF Expansion, Warcry, Blood Bowl, Middel Earth;
At Nuremburg Spielwarenmesse: Necromunda, Aeronautica, Titanicus.
Smaller board games are now a lot of stuff on the marked from GW (Stormvault, Dreadfane, Combat Arena, Space Marines Adventures, Warhammer munchkin ....)

So what's left?
Maybe the IJ and DoK Underworld Warbands, new KillTeam stuff, new card game ? Will be interesting.

Edited by FireAbend

11 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

The Sphiranx and the Fonoroid can have their uses ^^

I also couldn’t resist the Ogroid Myrmidon - I even build an army list around him, just so I could use him in a meaningful manner (I‘ll get stomped but whatever xD)

Besides traditional Std, the Ogroids are my favourite models. Maybe one day they'll get their own faction. 

• Like 1

All ogroids look amazing: I'm dreaming of a tome/allegiange where  an Ogroid Myrmidon leads a  unit of 2 or 3  Fomoroid Crusher  buffed by an Ogroid Thaumaturge (as wizard fighter or something). Unfortunately, those warscrols doesn't exist and it is a missed opportunity by GW...again. Raging when superb miniatures are not backed up by good  (or at least above average) rules.

PS: you could even fit a Spyranx in this bunch of ogroid !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JangutzKhan said:

Besides traditional Std, the Ogroids are my favourite models. Maybe one day they'll get their own faction. 

Definitely. AoS Chaos is quickly becoming my favourite faction, there's just so many options and ideas for proxies. You can make so many cool unique 'non-chaos' forces with the amount of rules to play with. 

Did anyone see that amazing conversion of the new Chaos Lord mount and the Myrmidon to make a Shaggoth. Absolutely stunning, makes me want to centre a force around the 2 Ogroids like they're brothers, one the mage the other the warrior. 

Would be amazing to see their own faction. 

Edited by Black_Templar_Lad
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

3 hours ago, Still-young said:

Did they do one for Island of Blood too?

Sadly no.

But it would be great if they rereleased it again.

I’m very certain that there are a ton of skaven and soonish pointy elves players who’ll be interested in having that box multiple times

Edited by Skreech Verminking

8 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Sadly no.

But it would be great if they rereleased it again.

I’m very certain that there are a ton of skaven and soonish pointy elves players who’ll be interested in having that box multiple times

It's probably about Spire of Dawn, so they did, it wasn't just technically a made to order.

Keep in mind that Gitmob have been specifically described as Sun Worshipers, and the symbol for Rippers Snarlfangs warband is also a sun. If this is the evil sun, gitmob seems like a high probability.

I think there's a good chance we'll get Grot Scuttlers this year, and they will include Gitmob. A number of the destruction looking rumor engines seem like cobbled together ship pieces. New Goblins+Sons of Behemat+maybe a battlebox for Orruks would mean a big year for destruction, which has been hinted at for a while.

Edited by madmac
  • Like 3

Looking at those bits of trim on the left and right makes me think generic Chaos deamonic visage and not evil Sun. Destruction tends toward a much lower level of craftsmanship and doesn't do trims like that.

The easy to Start Collecting Chaos Warriors have some deko like that, so a part of me wants to believe well get that Warrior multipart kit after all, but it is so generic it could belong to all sorts of Slaves, Warcry or 40k CSM releases.

• Like 2