The Rumour Thread

5 hours ago, Kasper said:

I think the cat could be quite potent in some armies - Like Beasts of Chaos. Like they could have it proc and then multicharge a key unit. The only issue is that it activates in the hero phase, so it already needs to be quite close unless you rely on being charged with the cat screened by cheap chaff. The other models seem kinda meh. 

I find the Sphiranx a bit exensive: 90pts would have been better.

The worse is the Formoroid crusher. At 100 pts, so random shooter with a so situational aptitude I can't find him a role. It is a shame that GW did a so bad warscroll for them. For example, just make him "unit of 1 to 3" with a 70 pts each, and/or rend -1 CC, and I would have taken 2 (at least). And he is the only shooter in the StD army! So unfortunate: Because this kit come with 2 builds! (each looking superb, like the cat which is also a 2 builds kit).

Shame on you GW!🤬

Edited by GeneralZero
  • Confused 1

The lore did put a lot of focus on the Realmlords using the bonded mountain spirits to fortify their infantry and let mages hurl boulders at the enemy.

Between this and the stone-like hammer it could be a mountain spirit manifestation or a leader/mage  on a moving mountain.

Also kinda off-topic but a Silver Tower mobile game was announced today.

https://toucharcade.com/2020/02/11/warhammer-quest-silver-tower-ios-android-perchang-trailer-turn-based-strategy/

• Like 2

They only started selling the AoS license at the end of 2016(that's when Cubicle7 announced they got it for an rpg in 2017), a decent game takes 5-6 years of development so unfortunately mobile is all we can reasonably expect until 2021-2022 and further.

At least the mobiles released have been fun so far and pretty solid.

Edit: Oh, I forgot Underworlds Online is near completion and Focus Interactive are rumored to be working on something.  so that's good news in the gaming area. :)

Just now, MarkK said:

Posted by DaveC on Dakka, shipping manifest for 10th of February for sons of behemat battletome

Awesome! That gets rid of the fear of it just being something for Warcry. :D

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 2

does that me it coming really soon? 

like GW been really tight lip about Sons of Behemat (outside of the Zoat trailer tease), if it was coming before Lumineath, you think that they would have shown them off at LVO.

or they are releasing them concurrently with light aelves with a battlebox and they are just making them a surprise release.

48 minutes ago, MarkK said:

Posted by DaveC on Dakka, shipping manifest for 10th of February for sons of behemat battletome

41a0bca3b0ac540cd522b55a693c8dcb_61979.jpeg.f5580177ab5b3beeb05b1863039393e5.jpeg

It's interesting. We usually get these shipping manifests about a month to 1.5 months in advance, which begs the question...Are Sons of Behemoth coming before Lumineth? Either after Seraphon, or alongside them?

GW hasn't teased anything for them officially save for a comment in their video for the Zoat that "its a myth". Seraphon will come first; then Lumineth. Sons of Behemat will either join Lumineth or come after that. 

I can't see them jumping the gun on products marketed before them at this stage, esp for a new army. It's curiously close though so I do wonder what they'll be like. We really know very little. 

1 hour ago, madmac said:

It's interesting. We usually get these shipping manifests about a month to 1.5 months in advance, which begs the question...Are Sons of Behemoth coming before Lumineth? Either after Seraphon, or alongside them?

The astrolithic skyshrine was in a shipping manifest 4 months ago and it is still not out yet. I guess this is the name for the new Seraphon scenery. 

We saw shipping info for dice for the dok and orruk warbands in December and they still haven't been announced yet.

A 3  or 4 month window between shipping and release is not unusual. 

I expect to see the Lumineth in late March/early April and Sons of Behemet in May. 

• Like 2

Probably worth pointing out that cargo ships can take up to three months to arrive from China 😉  That's without factoring in GW's scheduling and shipping to stores etc.

3 to 4 weeks is more normal though. Depending a bit which ports are involved of course. And this container already arrived in the USA yesterday. 

Edited by LuminethMage

True, however if its only books on the container chances are GW can hold them quite easily in warehousing stock space without too much impact. So this might just reflect them ordering from overseas a little earlier to avoid issues like they had last year with Sylvaneth which really messed them up for a good few months for AoS. Whilst it didn't slow releases, it certainly stalled them and left them releasing very close to Christmas. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

I find the Sphiranx a bit exensive: 90pts would have been better.

The worse is the Formoroid crusher. At 100 pts, so random shooter with a so situational aptitude I can't find him a role. It is a shame that GW did a so bad warscroll for them. For example, just make him "unit of 1 to 3" with a 70 pts each, and/or rend -1 CC, and I would have taken 2 (at least). And he is the only shooter in the StD army! So unfortunate: Because this kit come with 2 builds! (each looking superb, like the cat which is also a 2 builds kit).

Shame on you GW!🤬

I dont wanna be that guy.... but I will... so here it goes... :D

You can at least USE those!  I as a BoC main, cant even use these other than allies with limited points allotment due to the keywords being what they are. How these things (the mindcat, the Warcry raptorix, both Ogroids, etc) dont have Beast of Chaos keyword, since thats very clearly what they are (beasts mutated by chaos...), is besides me. But hey if GW doesnt want my money, who am I to argue.

35 minutes ago, Myrdin said:

I dont wanna be that guy.... but I will... so here it goes... :D

You can at least USE those!  I as a BoC main, cant even use these other than allies with limited points allotment due to the keywords being what they are. How these things (the mindcat, the Warcry raptorix, both Ogroids, etc) dont have Beast of Chaos keyword, since thats very clearly what they are (beasts mutated by chaos...), is besides me. But hey if GW doesnt want my money, who am I to argue.

It isn't an oversight. I think it was on twitter where one of the designers explained that the monsters are roaming the eightpoints wastelands, they aren't beasts that belong to the herd  that roam the mortal realms.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Overread said:

True, however if its only books on the container chances are GW can hold them quite easily in warehousing stock space without too much impact. So this might just reflect them ordering from overseas a little earlier to avoid issues like they had last year with Sylvaneth which really messed them up for a good few months for AoS. Whilst it didn't slow releases, it certainly stalled them and left them releasing very close to Christmas. 

Yes, of course. This is such a low number and small space, they can just put them somewhere. Plus, I have no idea about their retail and distribution models. 

Just wanted to point out that those books are not several months away from arriving in the USA. They basically could be in shops next week depending on what they do. 

3B85CAF9-22DA-4A3D-ADDC-B0AA3F08E07D.jpeg.91b693127ebcedb1cb015411432e50b0.jpeg

results from hammerandbolter2020 last weekend

Lists are here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14dWASWOy9HsetcZ4xgMbwzTgygqpSEmI/view

Some things to notice:

- 6 different factions in the top 10

- at least 10 differents factions in top 20

- most of lists are really different 

- it is really refresshing to see that no list is unbeatable. 

- Big guys are really playable and sometimes winners but not OP: nagash, archaon,...Many of less bigger (around 400pts) heros/monsters are enjoyable and effective (LoC, GKoTG, KoS, Stonehorns etc...). It is such a relief to see so many big guys on tables...

I am sure that in the near future, we will see some other builds especially with recent books releases.

Unfortunately, some miniatures are (close to) "must have" and some others are pure trash. For example, in tzeentch and also StD armies, Gaunt summoner is super good due to his free horror spam and being a wizzard 2 spells. 

All in all, except for several armies not in the top 40, the game is in a very good shape, well balanced, miles ahead of its sci-fi brother. It is time for GW to do the same to 40k 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 7

3 hours ago, Kasper said:

It isn't an oversight. I think it was on twitter where one of the designers explained that the monsters are roaming the eightpoints wastelands, they aren't beasts that belong to the herd  that roam the mortal realms.

Yeah, I think the logic was along the lines of 'if you'd find it living in a dark forest, it's Beasts of Chaos. If you'd find it living in the Eightpoints, it's Slaves to Darkness'. Some monsters run with the beasts, and some live among/get captured by humans. 

I do think it's fair enough really - in a system where Chaos armies can't just mingle freely as they have in the past, it makes sense that STD would have some monsters that are mostly unique to them. Almost every other faction gets its big gribblies and centrepiece models, why not them?