The Rumour Thread

True, plus the champions could just refer to the commanders who got overwhelmed fighting a bloody demigod. Them getting away to fight another day could attest to that.

Just now, Gecktron said:

So, if I remember right, the last Lumineth lowdown was monday, the 27th. So chances are we are getting a new article on monday?

They said 2 weeks after the first Lumineth lore article so that should be the case. :)

Edited by Baron Klatz

Veering slightly from the current conversation track, but what if all the imminent and rumored Aelven releases are because the next big lore event is going to be Slaanesh escaping captivity? 

Wrath of the Everchosen hung a lantern on the Dark Prince, who hasn't gotten a lot of lore publicity since the HoS release. Not really conclusive proof, but coupled with the Aelves, it might be leading in that direction?

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

Warmachines semi-confirmed then.

Stormcast/Knights Excelsior had giant ballistaes in Excelsis a year before Sacrosanct released so it can just be fluff decoration(for now).

Interesting bit is "finest champions". After this crushing defeat it's possible the Realmlord's release is Teclis reforming their army with new troops, creatures and powers because of how inefficient they were against the Varanguard.

As confirmed as cannons in greywater fastness? 😜

It is another bit of lore connecting both Teclis and tyrion to the lumineth. So it does seem to strengthen the suggestion Tyrion might be coming in the lumineth

9 hours ago, OkayestDM said:

Veering slightly from the current conversation track, but what if all the imminent and rumored Aelven releases are because the next big lore event is going to be Slaanesh escaping captivity? 

Wrath of the Everchosen hung a lantern on the Dark Prince, who hasn't gotten a lot of lore publicity since the HoS release. Not really conclusive proof, but coupled with the Aelves, it might be leading in that direction?

If they are following a sort of Psychic Awakening style of development of the plot and the range of models, I think we will see that in 2021. Wrath of the Everchosen - Attack on Excelsis (Fall 2020) - Fight for Slaanesh (Spring 2021) (With possible Malerion's aelf's joining the fight, as suggested by @Koradrel of Chrace)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thaliontil said:

If they are following a sort of Psychic Awakening style of development of the plot and the range of models, I think we will see that in 2021.

That sounds about right to me, especially given the timeframe for current releases.

I've been hoping for a Destruction Ascendant story arch, but in all honesty Slaanesh would be a bigger shakeup and makes more sense as an event overshadowing Nagash's recent skullduggery. (If you will :D )

• Like 1

Much as I’d love to make jokes about the possible Slaaneshi upgrade kit(probably some Daemonettes “playing” with each head) I’m going to suggest the possibility of plastic chaos dwarfs once again. Wrath of the Everchosen gave us some lore hints that the OBR killed more then a few “corrupted duardin” kingdoms before attacking Eightpoints 3B74C878-C13C-448A-88E5-4664BB4AA23D.jpeg.6a914b1e7cd514ae22bbe2cc9b4ec1cf.jpeg

plus the recent S2D battletome mentioned that certain chaos warriors and lords get rune covered armour from the “Furnace Kings of Azgorh” who were mentioned all the way back in the Realmgate Wars! Finally we have the Spire Tyrants and Iron Golems warbands from Warcry, both having a(from what I’ve seen) beloved plastic chaos dwarf.7D078EDD-399F-4C76-9F52-C0E7C3AEB111.jpeg.59a9121a473af09505494c9060a010be.jpegEF360B13-C943-4D7E-96DB-31CAB9C7BBEB.jpeg.ef69deabd4eadc6b2d9b525cd032e6d5.jpeg
of course, I could be looking too much into simple fan pandering and callbacks from GW lore writers and modelers, but one of the things that got me into the hobby(besides the cyborgs of the mechanics in 40k) was the awesome idea of magic using dwarves who worshipped an evil Bull and built actual murder trains.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 minute ago, TheR00zle said:

I’m sorry I’m a bit slow when it comes to sarcasm and detecting it, are you agreeing with me or just mocking GW?

Both! Haha look how that turned out. ;) 

I fully agree. That whole trouble with things being defendable in court always applied to the more generic factions. 
but the way you described chaos dwarfs is so unique. They are a shoe in for a aos army. Just don’t know how they sold in the old world and if that hurts the chances of a release. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, madmac said:

Oh, man finally Warcry cards for the rest of my armies!

Wait...no Fyreslayers? literally the last battletome army with no card pack?

The only thing I could think of that could explain this, is if they get new models sometime soon so GW is waiting for that to release the cards (or they just forgot to put them in the preview)

Or GW is just GW and does whatever it wants

Edited by Matrindur
  • Haha 1

Just now, michu said:

Does cities of Sigmar even have a campaign in the Book of Champions? Fyreslayers at least have their icon in WD Gotrek's rules.

No, CoS wasn't in Tome of Champion, so no expectation of cards coming. Fyreslayers were included, which unless GW just forgot to mention them in the article makes their absence bizarre.

2 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

Could this point toa dual box for warcry with the Fyreslayers vs the Scions of the flame? Could be a form to expand warcry beyond the eightpoints

Maybe you're onto something. As people say "fight fire with fire". Sorry, fyre.