The Rumour Thread

11 minutes ago, Myrdin said:

<anger>

I dunno man, I think you may be looking at things through rose-tinted glasses. There have always been naff big-money games, and things were especially egregious before the games industry developed any sort of scrutiny- back in the late 80s and 90s if a game wasn't finished, it never got patched or fixed, you were just stuck with it. Capitalism getting its claws deeper into gaming just means that the industry's worst tendencies are amplified with its size, and, as ever, you can still find a thriving community of interesting and original games in the indie scene. On PC, try browsing rockpapershotgun.com, they regularly showcase smaller, more innovative material which has greater opportunity to thrive on PC than it would in the walled gardens of the consoles.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, novakai said:

Isn’t the underworld shadespire game out already, haven’t heard much news about it

Yes actually. I've played it and its well done, it still needs some work though as it is 'clunky' (for lack of a better word) with regards to animations and flow.

I think its a great introduction to Underworlds or (as a pretty direct translation of the tabletop) a way to get your fix when there are no opponents around.

2 hours ago, Myrdin said:

Its a sad state of affairs. Games used to be a medium for art. A new platform for creative minded individual to bring forth their worlds, characters, settings, and whatever fantastic adventure they wish to lay before the player. Putting a lot of effort and passion used to be a norm. And the audience repriciated those feelings by supporting the developers and showering them with love. There was a simbiotic relationship between the Creators and Players. It was a good era, heck the best era, only hampered by the limitations of the Hard/Software used.

These days though.... the 3A gaming industry is just another form of squeezing out money of the people by putting as little effort as possible while squeezing the maximum possible profit out of their "consumers"  (......).

While there are still some vestiges of creative flame burning, those are merely exceptions to the rule these days. Long is gone the passion, and love for the game=art. Long gone is the dear and strong bond between the creators and their player community.

As for Blizzard ACTIVISION.... well.... it would be a lot of words, and a wall of text, if I had to express what I feel about the whole Warcraft Refunded/Rejected situation. And I wish not to take the space for that here. But for those who are well versed in the Warcraft lore and have seen all the cinematic, know the characters and the lore even if just from playing WoW, I will say only this..... I now know, how Illidan felt.  

No Many's Sky says "Hi"

4 minutes ago, Bayul said:

Super nerdy questions, but at which percent air humidity is it okay to prime models with a spray can outside? In my town it was  63 - 92 percent today and I am sitting on pile of grey plastic.

I've found that 40%-65% is a pretty decent range. I've sprayed in both and never had any issues.

• Thanks 2

I know this is a bit off topic, but I got into AoS through Total War: Warhammer. I had played WHFB off and on for a long time in the past, and although I saw most of the comments about AoS in the TWW community were negative, there were enough positive ones that it encouraged me to give it a deeper look. 

Overall I've found that most of the people who hate on AoS haven't really followed the game at all since it's initial release and their opinions are almost entirely based on far out of date information. A lot of people are still angry about the end of the Old World, but that doesn't preclude enjoying AoS. I vastly prefer the Old World fluff to AoS, but AoS is a better game IMO. 

• Like 1

Yeah had the same experience, played tabletop games earlier but when Total War came out I just felt the urge to go in a Games Workshop and buy something about Wood Elves. When I went inside I could not recognise any army so I asked and they told me about the rebrand and now wood elves are split and blah blah. Came out confused and took me another year before starting the hobby properly!!

Now I live and breathe AoS but wouldn’t mind a crossover of miniatures in the Old World like Horus Heresy and 40k.

• Like 2

Does anyone suspect a dual box for Seraphon?

That would likely result in at least one new sculpt. I would expect it to be a plastic hero as that seems to be the standard for these boxes. It appears we are not getting an updated Slaan. Therefore, I think it would be cool to get a Chameleon Skink hero that could be built as Oxyotl.

I can imagine Oxyotl stalking the Eightpoints and taking the hurt to Chaos once again.

12 minutes ago, TheMuphinMan said:

Skaven got cuts

RIP deathrunner and poison wind mortar

There is a difference between them and potential Serephon cuts though, both came from box sets that are no longer sold and were not available separately. 

I think unless one is replaced in the form of double army box, the existing serephon units are safe. Several of the last few books have retained units in finecast (skaven, Ogors, StD, Tzeentch).

But of course I don't know anything.

3 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Does anyone suspect a dual box for Seraphon?

That would likely result in at least one new sculpt. I would expect it to be a plastic hero as that seems to be the standard for these boxes. It appears we are not getting an updated Slaan. Therefore, I think it would be cool to get a Chameleon Skink hero that could be built as Oxyotl.

I can imagine Oxyotl stalking the Eightpoints and taking the hurt to Chaos once again.

I feel like they would have shown off either the boxset or the new model at LVO by now if that where the case.

Also dual boxset would imply that a second faction also would get a new model and there isn’t news on that either

keep in mind Aether war was release not that long ago and GW usually don’t stack dual box set releases this soon. So I don’t expect a seraphon box coming with the battletome

• Like 1