The Rumour Thread

50 minutes ago, Overread said:

IT might mean GW is repackaging it, I note that when mine arrived its very "odd" for a GW model because its in a small box and the parts are already clipped off the sprue to make the box smaller. Further its very Chaos - it has the 8 point star. For a generic spell its very Chaos themed so perhaps they will re-design it with a more neutral design and box it up in a normal box. Perhaps in a fresh expansion pack this summer?

Or some of the generic spells are going to "rotate" in the next General Handbook.

I could potentially see that happening, but it would be risky; esp if GW starts rotating endless spells and making new ones that basically do the same thing. Spells are still models and wargamers are not card gamers. Card gamers are mostly happy with cycling of cards and abilities; but wargamers put hours into their model before it even hits the table 

The rumor engine for the hammer thing is 

"This is it. This is the Rumour Engine image that’s going to catapult you into internet fame."

Kinda fits the Hammer throwing artillery rumor pretty cleanly, actually. Underlining and bolding is mine. Not that it always matches, but at least for the 'giant surprise', it seems like sometimes it does lead somewhere. 

3 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

Rumours said sth. About a „hammer thrower Artillery“ Model. That might fit. It probably has different ammunition.

You: a dwarf, ugly beard, clumsy, swinging a hammer with your hands unstylishly

Me: an elf, perfect hair, graceful, elegantly launching hammers from a catapult

• Like 4
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 1

Big Black Library event approaches. Free stuff, new books, limited edition stuff, french and german translations

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/02/05/what-you-can-get-at-the-black-library-celebrationgw-homepage-post-3fw-homepage-post-3/

Also a big bit of news hidden in the text 

"You’ll be able to delve into the under-empire of the skaven with a Print on Demand edition of the classic Warhammer Fantasy background book The Loathsome Ratmen and All Their Vile Kin"

That's the Skaven equivalent of Libre Chaotica or the Sabbot Worlds book. FREAKING HECK YES. I sad that its not a long term reprint but if you get nothing else SKAVEN BOOK!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

Warhammer-Board.de somewhere  here iirc. Yet I can‘t seem to find it right now 🤔

You were not hallucinating. : ) It's there:

"Dann fehlt noch die Kriegsmaschine mit den Hämmern oder wie war das Gerücht damals ? Bekomme es einfach nicht mehr zusammen..."

And he is saying that he is referring to a  rumor from two years back that said something about Sparta Aelves and a hammer throwing war machine. But he isn't really sure if that was actually the content of the rumor. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

You were not hallucinating. : ) It's there:

"Dann fehlt noch die Kriegsmaschine mit den Hämmern oder wie war das Gerücht damals ? Bekomme es einfach nicht mehr zusammen..."

And he is saying that he is referring to a  rumor from two years back that said something about Sparta Aelves and a hammer throwing war machine. But he isn't really sure if that was actually the content of the rumor. 

Nice! Thx =}

Some more THE OLD WORLD teasers...

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/02/06/cartography-in-the-old-worldgw-homepage-post-1fw-homepage-post-1/

and it’s a map of the old world with a few heraldic designs. The four names they give don’t offer too much help in pinning down the when of the game as you can find characters from just a few hundred years into the empire up to the 2000s that could fit. The fact they’re working on this kind of stuff now does suggest a more narrative/campaign approach.

and also is making me pine for Mighty Empires again.

• Like 1

I'm very curious of what goes at last with this old world thing. There are lots and lots of miniatures that doesn't sell anymore (at least on GW stores) and there are entire armys without miniatures so don't know what will GW do to let us play the old world. 

And thinking of the old world a city comes to my mind... Mordheim.... I know is not the thing of the old world but damn how I want a new version of that game...

But back to rumors... don't you all think or feel that his old world thing with the "3 years"wait is a bit rare? I dont think that we have to wait 3 years to get our hands on it. Maybe those 3 years is till they release everything? But said that I wonder how will interact AoS releases with TOW 

21 minutes ago, Beastmaster said:

I still find the whole idea of killing off an extremely popular setting, building up a completely new setting, then re-releasing the old setting 5 years later completely insane. 
Maybe I’m just getting old. 😅

I wouldnt call Warhammer Fantasy "extremly popular". The game was clearly on its way out back then. Completly dwarfed by 40K. A lot of people hyping up the old world online are mostly coming from Total War: Warhammer. Its hard to say how much this will translate into real players.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

19 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

I wouldnt call Warhammer Fantasy "extremly popular". The game was clearly on its way out back then. Completly dwarfed by 40K. A lot of people hyping up the old world online are mostly coming from Total War: Warhammer. Its hard to say how much this will translate into real players.  

You could love the setting, but have gotten bored or the game or the release schedule.

The setting is not the only factor, and during the End Times - when the game received a lot of releases and attention from GW - had a lot of interest.

• Like 4