The Rumour Thread

Huh, that makes two hammers now.

Much like the earlier hammer we saw, this clearly doesn't belong to a destruction race.

Either the Lumineth have a Hammer unit (Which is kinda weird, but I could see it as a White Lion Replacement) or Dispossessed are getting something sooner than anyone expects.

Again like the previous one it could just be the angle but they look too thin to be hammers, I'm heading towards them being different tops to staffs for a Lumineth wizard to represent which order/element/whatever we're calling it that they're from?

• Like 1

I'm not entirely sure it's a hammer.  Both of the Rumour Engines we've got that have had this shape look a little too unwieldy to be weapons in my opinion.  I wonder if they aren't some kind of aetherquartz banner depicticting the various subfactions that have been hinted at for the Lumineth, particularly since both of these objects seem to have been made out of different materials.

5 minutes ago, JPjr said:

Again like the previous one it could just be the angle but they look too thin to be hammers, I'm heading towards them being different tops to staffs for a Lumineth wizard to represent which order/element/whatever we're calling it that they're from?

A wizard, carrying as a sign of status and accomplishment in the mastery of the mystic arts... a log on a stick? 
Aelves. 🙄

• Like 1

Following the teachings of Teclis, the Lumineth also learned to communicate with, and even channel, the geomantic spirits of Hysh – specifically those of the mountains, rivers, wind and zenith. This affected every aspect of their existence, from the knowledge they accumulated to the way they fought and the magic they employed.

I think it's an Elven hammer, and that the Army will have units that represent Mountains, Rivers, Wind and Zenith - not only in magic, but in martial inspiration as well. 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Kronos said:

So, could be nothing, could be something. And humble apologies if its been posted somewhere before. Today I couldn’t help notice the number of rather large skulls on some OBR models, more specifically Katakros and the spooky bone wizard (I’ve invested no lore time on OBR). Thing is, there’s no OBR kit of a giant skelly, and all the much larger terrain or spell type large skulls look nothing like these. These look almost Organic. Which ither leaves the possibility of a Future OBR giant. Or these are skulls linking in the aforementioned Sons of Behemat. Or I’m deprived of cool monsters and hope that the base decor will one day be a model.

16C261D0-B7B6-4913-8660-166177525818.jpeg

0417881C-E77F-4ADB-882C-CE60081EC473.jpeg

FF7D90A9-1DE7-4AD0-B90A-EBCFE35D572D.jpeg

This is a cool find. Keen to see if this does end up being the case. If so this reveals the size of some new giant units. Not sure if the current gargants are the same size.

These skulls look to be around 3/4, maybe a bit more, the height of a human model (Ossairchs are roughly human size to my knowledge). If that doesn't match the current scale of the gargants then my bet is that these are a hint for new models, and it seems as though they're pretty big if so.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Still-young said:

Rumour Engine

06083918-3396-4F40-9DFC-09B92244CD7A.jpeg

Agree with Jpjr that the shaft looks too thin to support the hammerhead here. Otherwise, A tree trunk with fancy casing feels somewhat close to the rumors we've heard about Sons of Behamut. The Sylvaneth tome mentions the Oakenbrow adopting SoBs after their godbeast died. I could see some hoity-toity giants adopted by ents using weapons like this.

About the RE, it looks like an elven weapon but I don't see a simple elf carrying a weapon like that.

Why not a weapon of one of the four spirits of Hysh, the spirits would be very tall, half elf half creature.

There are others weapons in previous RE that could be elven weapon, why not weapons of the others spirits ?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Raviv said:

The Warhammer TV schedule for this week includes a "Brotherhood Debrief" tomorrow between two sessions about Wrath of the Everchosen.

Any idea what this is about? Is it about the Brotherhood Stormhost or something completely different?

It was the team event run by @Chris Tomlin last month - @Ben ran a team that came third!  I ran a team and we didn't come last!

• Thanks 1