The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, JPjr said:

Tempting as it is to assume it’s Part of a Lumineth model, I suspect it could be Aeldari, and specifically a new Ynnari model. After all that’s hardly a range blessed with an over abundance of models that aren’t borrowed from other factions and the ‘rune’ whilst more of a serif one than usual does look like one of the more famous Eldar ones, and that is associated with Ynnead...

This is a good point, it's closely associated with Ynnead and moreover whatever the wavy magical effect stuff is, it's pretty similar to the flowing wraithbone you can see on the Yncarne model. I think this is pretty plausibly some future Ynnari stuff.

13 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

This is a good point, it's closely associated with Ynnead and moreover whatever the wavy magical effect stuff is, it's pretty similar to the flowing wraithbone you can see on the Yncarne model. I think this is pretty plausibly some future Ynnari stuff.

I know it's a bit off topic but I am disappointed at the lack of Ynnari stuff since the first release, so this would be welcomed. 

1 hour ago, HollowHills said:

I know it's a bit off topic but I am disappointed at the lack of Ynnari stuff since the first release, so this would be welcomed. 

Honestly I'm mostly sad that GW hasn't used it to improve Eldar in general - they've still got all of their aspect warriors in finecast with only one in a plastic kit so far .

2 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Considering how Gw implies that this book is a must need for every chaos player,

but is missing the skaven part, must mean that the skaven will soon be their own thing.

rumor confirmed🤪

I wouldn't mind if for organizational purposes, the Skaven were moved over to destruction. The horned Rat can be booted from the pantheon and get super salty at chaos. 

that's the issue forcing all factions into one of four categories/alliances, it adds otherwise arbitrary restrictions to the lore

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Overread said:

Honestly I'm mostly sad that GW hasn't used it to improve Eldar in general - they've still got all of their aspect warriors in finecast with only one in a plastic kit so far .

Two, Dire Avengers have been plastic for a good while now, though two out of 8+ isn’t amazing. It’s kind of inherent in having such a wide variety of pretty distinctive unit designs as a core part of the craftworld  range (I think you could just about do fire dragons/striking scorpions and maybe warp spiders/dark reapers as dual kits) but it’s been slow going and GW will tend towards the new hotness for new models. 

3 hours ago, sandlemad said:

Two, Dire Avengers have been plastic for a good while now, though two out of 8+ isn’t amazing. It’s kind of inherent in having such a wide variety of pretty distinctive unit designs as a core part of the craftworld  range (I think you could just about do fire dragons/striking scorpions and maybe warp spiders/dark reapers as dual kits) but it’s been slow going and GW will tend towards the new hotness for new models. 

Dire avengers

Crimson hunters

Howling banshees 

(Being cheeky) incubi

• Like 1

14 hours ago, chyortskazal said:

Yea, I really don't know what else the second one could be, unless we are getting vampire coast as the soulblight regen.  Even if grotbag scuttlers are coming I dont see why their sky ships would still have barnacles/kelp on them.

That second one seems like the hull for my magitech Cities Kharadron Frigate, like the current Gloomtide Vortex is the hull for the Ironclad (powered by a purple sun, and armed with volley guns and empire cannon).

Sure, they need some fixing, but nothing a bit of elbow grease can't tackle.

1 hour ago, PaniuBraniu said:

83399647_10221607830885903_3574736881444716544_n.jpg.4b510b0332077fe564b51c34956e5ec5.jpg

Bugmen confirmed!

Been wondering where they'd take the game after beastgrave. Would we go deeper into it for season 4? Could be. There's lots of interesting lore that could be derived into, like the silent ones or whatever the previous inhabitants were called.

I am still curious who will be Archaons mysterios old ally. Maybe the Gargant-Faction is about to become a Chaos one (althrough it would be weird as Destruction really needs more love)? Or maybe Teclis? Who knows, maybe Archaon "betrayed" Slaanesh and offered Teclis some Information about where she sleeps, so the Aelfs were able to lock her? As we know GW, there may be 2 possibilities: It may be an underwhelming reveal like "yeah, that was that guy X who leads one of thoose 13 suballigiences of Chaos" or maybe a completly new faction/hero, like in case of Katakross, where everyone was thinking which old character was trapped in the Stormvault untill it became clear that it was Katakross.

33 minutes ago, Charleston said:

Maybe the Gargant-Faction is about to become a Chaos one (althrough it would be weird as Destruction really needs more love)?

HOPE: sons of behemat/gargants remain as the current  gargant kit: available both for destruction and chaos

FEAR : GW start to think and sh.......t  happen.

• Like 1

From the 'events in germany' news (https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/01/29/upcoming-events-in-germany/):

'Speaking of events in Germany, we have some folk at the Nuremberg Toy Fair – and we’ll be back later today with some news from the show on upcoming boxed games and expansions, so stay tuned!'

Did we have something revealed but not released in the boxed games section?  Or can we expect something new?

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, FireAbend said:

Did we have something revealed but not released in the boxed games section?  Or can we expect something new?

well there's the Zoat for Blackstone Fortress, we don't know much else about the expansion that chonk will feature in, so could be that. Probably something for Aeronautica or Titanicus too. Have to wait and see I guess! 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

HOPE: sons of behemat/gargants remain as the current  gargant kit: available both for destruction and chaos

FEAR : GW start to think and sh.......t  happen.

Well, Giants are usually portrayed in a rather negative way (from Warhammer to DnD to movies); something new would be to make them smart and sophisticated like their ancestors supposedly were.... would be funny to see them in GA: Order.

I'm sure Damon Lindelof and JJ Abrams are taking notes - such an unnecessary twist could be turned into a franchise! 

• Like 1

My guess would be they do what they did with imperial knights. The initial Sons of Behemat tome is a destruction tome and a year later they release a chaos Gargant tome along with a chaos Gargant  kit that uses the same rig as the new models but has chaos bits.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, novakai said:

My guess would be they do what they did with imperial knights. The initial Sons of Behemat tome is a destruction tome and a year later they release a chaos Gargant tome along with a chaos Gargant  kit that uses the same rig as the new models but has chaos bits.

Where are my giant undead behemoths GW?! Arrrgggghhh!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Where are my giant undead behemoths GW?! Arrrgggghhh!

Thank you for contacting Katakros Customer Service. Unfortunately all Ossiarch Gargantstm are still under construction. You can help us by donating more bones. Have a spooky day.

• Like 7
  • Haha 8