The Rumour Thread

Tempting as it is to assume it’s Part of a Lumineth model, I suspect it could be Aeldari, and specifically a new Ynnari model. After all that’s hardly a range blessed with an over abundance of models that aren’t borrowed from other factions and the ‘rune’ whilst more of a serif one than usual does look like one of the more famous Eldar ones, and that is associated with Ynnead...

what does pull me up though is the ‘rope binding’ attaching the ‘staff’ part to whatever is out of shot which looks more AoS than 40k...

C4CE1841-5CF8-48A1-9201-0882FA2C6310.jpeg

8349F5DA-9DFE-4A04-8CCD-C535CFEACD58.jpeg

EEFE0BC5-B15A-4A32-A947-E40B04A764B3.jpeg

Edited by JPjr
  • Like 1

I'm surprised that they missed out on the opportunity to have any death stuff at all. Even something minor like, I don't know, a Legion of Grief analogue for OBR (doesn't really work for obvious reasons but something on that scale of interest) or like a new mixed death faction to represent Katakros's legions and non-ossiarch auxiliaries or something. Pull in a wider range of death players.

As is, cool that it's aiming at a wide range of chaos players and especially cool that it has stuff for cross-pantheon daemon forces - it's been bizarre not having them properly represented in AoS - but that's still a more narrow audience than it might have been aimed at. As is, non-chaos folks who do get it will largely be doing so for the background, siege rules and rules for fighting in the Eightpoints.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, smartazjb0y said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/01/28/wrath-of-the-everchosen-whats-in-the-bookgw-homepage-post-3/

More previews for Wrath of the Everchosen. Kinda surprised there's no Death stuff at all, but they do mention Chaos Mortal subfactions at the end. Hoping for maybe a mixed-god Mortals subfaction! 

Looks like Nurgle is getting 4 subfactions based off of names. This is looking like Maggotkin 2.0 for them.

• LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, PaniuBraniu said:

That is not true. I believe that you can find a keyword in each description of rumor engine which is related to the actual model. The whole text is rather meaningless, but there always is that one word. In case of new elves these are words like: dreaming, conjuring, peaceful sleep, coma, etc. 

I think any that do, are a coincidence. The text is meaningless. The one that was just revealed as the Zoat for example just had this text:

Behold the Rumour Engine! Can you predict what it is?’

Or this, from Vorkmortens coffin:

With a crash of thunder and a flash of light, the Rumour Engine sends another image back through the vortex of time! Can you decipher this glimpse of the future?’

Most of them are just vague references to the engine itself or seeing the future.

1 hour ago, JPjr said:

Tempting as it is to assume it’s Part of a Lumineth model, I suspect it could be Aeldari, and specifically a new Ynnari model. After all that’s hardly a range blessed with an over abundance of models that aren’t borrowed from other factions and the ‘rune’ whilst more of a serif one than usual does look like one of the more famous Eldar ones, and that is associated with Ynnead...

what does pull me up though is the ‘rope binding’ attaching the ‘staff’ part to whatever is out of shot which looks more AoS than 40k...

C4CE1841-5CF8-48A1-9201-0882FA2C6310.jpeg

8349F5DA-9DFE-4A04-8CCD-C535CFEACD58.jpeg

EEFE0BC5-B15A-4A32-A947-E40B04A764B3.jpeg

For what its worth the rune looks pretty similar to the one the Tidecaster is holding...  though I doubt they are giving my fish bois any love UNLESS Teclis is sending his new shiny boys to finish the job Tyrion wouldnt let him before... 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Another book only for Chaos... Really? I'm very dissapointed and I'm not going to buy it.

It's always the same... Chaos chaos chaos chaos...  

After 6 years of Stormcast only we welcome anything other than Stormcast.

I we wouldn't have gotten the StD book in december, Stormcast would have gotten 3 more books, 175 new units and 45 endless spells.

And there would still be the 2nd half of december. It would be filled with a starter box Stormcast vs Stormcast. 

Edited by Kurrilino
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5

6 minutes ago, chyortskazal said:

For what its worth the rune looks pretty similar to the one the Tidecaster is holding...  though I doubt they are giving my fish bois any love UNLESS Teclis is sending his new shiny boys to finish the job Tyrion wouldnt let him before... 

2019-09-17.jpg

I still think this and 

2019-12-17.jpg

Could be idoneth if we're lucky. 

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

31 minutes ago, Forrix said:

Looks like Nurgle is getting 4 subfactions based off of names. This is looking like Maggotkin 2.0 for them.

their existing battletome is their 2.0. GW has said as much.  4 subfactions (2 of which already exist as batallions in the current tome) is not going to move the meter at all for Nurgle. No Warscroll reworks. No base allegiance ability reworks. 

Edited by sorokyl

6 minutes ago, Kurrilino said:

I we wouldn't have gotten the StD book in december, Stormcast would have gotten 3 more books, 175 new units and 45 endless spells.

And there would still be the 2nd half of december. It would be filled with a starter box Stormcast vs Stormcast. 

Skaven, Khorne, Slaanesh, Warcry,  Slaves and Tzeentch in only 12 months. Order never recieved this attention in 12 months.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 minute ago, sorokyl said:

their existing battletome is their 2.0. GW has said as much.  4 batallions (2 of which already exist in some form in the current tome) is not going to move the meter at all for Nurgle. No Warscroll reworks. No allegiance abilitiy reworks. 

The Cycle of Corruption is fine, the warscrolls are good enough barring outdated language. These are almost certainly not battalions but sub-factions as they have already confirmed that the Drowned Men are. An extra layer of allegiance abilities, new command abilities, artefacts, and traits could do wonders for the faction. Especially if any of them wind up boosting spell casting. Rotbringers just got buffed in the Winter FAQ with unmodified 6s and Blight Cyst at 140 points, they are close to being competitive again.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

7 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Let's not exagerate, AoS only exists for 4.5 years 😉 

I hope that this book gives some opportunities to Nurgle and BoC.  And to be honnest, if there are some cross over synergies between some chaos armies, I'm in!

Maybe in the future we have some similar books for Destruction, death & order (well, CoS  already  kinda does this). I bet that the son of behemat will do something with destruction armies.

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

Another book only for Chaos... Really? I'm very dissapointed and I'm not going to buy it.

It's always the same... Chaos chaos chaos chaos...  

Considering how Gw implies that this book is a must need for every chaos player,

but is missing the skaven part, must mean that the skaven will soon be their own thing.

rumor confirmed🤪

Edited by Skreech Verminking

3 minutes ago, Mutton said:

I think the first one is a Medusae spear for the DoK Underworlds band, and the second one is a broken ship piece for a Sons of Behamut base/accessory/weapon/etc.

Yeah possible. I hope not though. GW really short changed the idoneth with a poorly balanced battletome and a release just before 2nd edition. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

2019-09-17.jpg

I still think this and 

2019-12-17.jpg

Could be idoneth if we're lucky. 

A Kraken!?

about the campaign book: it has a allegiance abilities for all Grand Alliances (though it’s not clear if this relates to the siege rules)

- so not only Chaos.

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

A Kraken!?

about the campaign book: it has a allegiance abilities for all Grand Alliances (though it’s not clear if this relates to the siege rules)

- so not only Chaos.

I'm pretty confident that's only in reference to the siege rules, but I'd be happy to be wrong.

1 hour ago, Still-young said:

I think any that do, are a coincidence. The text is meaningless. The one that was just revealed as the Zoat for example just had this text:

Behold the Rumour Engine! Can you predict what it is?’

Or this, from Vorkmortens coffin:

With a crash of thunder and a flash of light, the Rumour Engine sends another image back through the vortex of time! Can you decipher this glimpse of the future?’

Most of them are just vague references to the engine itself or seeing the future.

Now hold on a sec...

"Behold" -> the Zoat is holding a gun

Might not be one word but "With a crash of thunder and a flash of light" is clearly a reference to how coffins are ALWAYS dug up in a thunderstorm

• Haha 4

After seeing the contents' page  of Wrath of the Everchosen, I presume the only part that make the lore going forward is the part titled "Deathless Glory" ...so 2 pages only. The others parts seems to be the build-up we already knew (like Lake Lethis, Forbidden Power or the Ossiarch Bonereapers Katakros entry).

And the cynical part of me tells me that it will end up in a stalemate (and I hope an "interesting" one for once)...or even worse : "Choas wins ! Archaon is infuriated and plan to revenge upon those who have intruded in the Varanspire !   The Everchosen is building its strenghts, mustering his armies, and now is calling to war again !  What does it means for the Mortal Realms  ? ...let's find out in 6 years" type of thing...😁

Edited by Harioch
  • Haha 3