The Rumour Thread

7 minutes ago, BaylorCorvette said:

Pretty cool, where was this posted originally?

Facebook. Not sure how good this Sub-faction will be as that ability doesn't really address Maggotkin's main issues with weak/nonexistent shooting/magic leading to them getting rolf stomped by armies like Fyreslayers and OBR but I'm super stoked to see Nurgle (actual Maggotkin) get some attention. With the Winter FAQ changes I'm finding myself actually wanting to paint up my remaining blightkings and get some games in with them.

40 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

Looks like Nurgle gets it 2.0 treatment in Wrath of the Everchosen.

1988617523_WhatsAppImage2020-01-27at20_06_51.jpeg.22420ec960117cf825cc64e3e3fdd666.jpeg

Not terribly surprising that GW isn't going to jump right back into a new battle tome cycle espcially since they're doing to same with Psychic awakening with 40k instead of new codexes(except new space marines, so maybe we'll see a new Stormcast battletome with stormhost supplements). Either way it's looks like my chances of actually getting this book are going up if it's going to be my nurgle supplement and bring a combined demon army(beyond GA Chaos).

9 minutes ago, Thiagoma said:

Lumineth Lore is pretty much the same as Vulcans from Star Trek 😁

Maybe rather than bring out an entire new 'Ulgu Shadow Aelf' range then, Forge World will just produce an upgrade kit of little resin goatees/van d y k e beards to glue onto the Lumineth models.

Edited by JPjr
  • Haha 9

14 minutes ago, JPjr said:

Maybe rather than bring out an entire new 'Ulgu Shadow Aelf' range then, Forge World will just produce an upgrade kit of little resin goatees/van d y k e beards to glue onto the Lumineth models.

Unless they are Romulans, which means they will be completely beardless. But probably capable of invisibility. And most likely behind every thing going wrong in AoS, until GW reboots the setting again and an elderly Teclis attempts to stop Hysh going supernova but it destroys Ulgu completely. Includes a lot of lens flare and grognards spilling their salt on message boards for years to come.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Thebazilly said:

Don't we already have the "noble warriors slowly losing emotions" thing with Stormcast?

And we have the 'go out and gather shards of their dead god' with Fyreslayers/Daughters of Khaine. GW are are environmentally conscious and eager to recycle. 

Edited by Clan's Cynic

1 hour ago, Gecktron said:

Looks like Nurgle gets it 2.0 treatment in Wrath of the Everchosen.

Nurgle was "designed with 2.0 in mind".  I believe after Seraphon it is now the oldest battletome, and will remain so until 3.0.  Sure it is missing some more modern concepts like sub factions (which many people don't like anyway), but I don't think this book will be more nurgle focused than any other GA, and won't revolutionize the army.  It's just going to likely have some (13) cool new sub factions, of which i'd expect 1-2 are "nurgle only" (~1-2 from each god, some mortal soup, some daemon soup, maybe some rats) 

3 hours ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

(Oh no, that new site looks so confusing and too busy!)

But to the topic at hand:

Well, lads, lasses and enby pals, this is where I think my stop on the hype train comes. I wanted overly-emotional (Kin-strife! Kin-strife!) Silmarillion elves, not the arrogant and aloof LOTR elves! I am most likely hyperbolic right now, but this really feels like Eldar: AoS Edition with similar history, personality and both carry magic stones on them (albeit for different purposes, hahahah!). And nothing against Lumineth or Eldar - or anyone who wants more arrogant elves - but they aren't for me. The models are still cool and I'll gladly follow what kinds of Lumineth we'll still be teased with.

hmm, I could be totally misguided in this thinking since we don't have any other information on these guys, but I would argue that your army could still have tons of emotion, with the added tragedy that they are aware they will eventually lose all it. I'm guessing that each individual lumineth still has different levels of emotion similar to any other human, where some will be clearly more emotional than others

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, skeen77 said:

So I guess this is what the next few months are going to be like. People attacking and defending aelves, people who play aelves hating on people who play different aelves, and everyone complaining about Teclis' model. Cool cool cool.

Or waiting to see if Sons of Behemat are real or myth

22 minutes ago, xking said:

And? Teclis looked into their souls and saw the corruption within. So what if he wanted to try better.

What makes them a different from other order armies, is that they ALL kill and steal the souls from innocent people in the millions, only the dreadwood sylvaneth attack people who entered the forest immediately. The Oakenbrow don't, they adopted a group of starving giants into their Forest.  The knights Excelsior will attack a settlement that is corrupted with chaos. Only DoK just as bad.

And no, it's still not okay to devour Souls for your own selfish needs.

Is it okay to kill to survive? The Idoneth don't go raiding for the fun of it (except maybe the Fuethan). Their infants are born with a terminal disease. Wouldn't you do anything to save your child?

The "light of reason" also drove many Idoneth exposed to it into madness. Teclis was not gentle with his investigation.

It's Warhammer, grimdark gonna grimdark.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, skeen77 said:

So I guess this is what the next few months are going to be like. People attacking and defending aelves, people who play aelves hating on people who play different aelves, and everyone complaining about Teclis' model. Cool cool cool.

Sounds like the Old World.  People attacking and defending elves, elves hating on different elves, and everyone complaining about Teclis.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

42 minutes ago, madmac said:

I don't know if "avoiding literal extinction" counts as a selfish reason, TBH. The Deepkin were deliberately cast as tragic figures for a reason. They aren't noble heroes, nor are they depraved villains.

I wish this was what united "Destruction" factions. Tragic factions that don't want evil things, but whose culture, society, and existence just don't allow them to co-exist with any of Order, Death, or Destruction.  It would allow for a much more diverse group of forces with some fantastic lore. It really wouldn't be difficult put Orruks, Gitz, or Mawtribes into this type of lore either.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, amysrevenge said:

Sounds like the Old World.  People attacking and defending elves, elves hating on different elves, and everyone complaining about Teclis.

All elf bros need to unite in AOS and fight back against the overwhelming hate thrown their way!! 

Also #Teclisdidnothingwrong! 

44 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Old glorious days once more

IDK are the new Dark Elves. Left alone in the dark whining about Teclis being a bad boi.

Can't wait till Malekith shows up a teaches those pesky water elves who is the true master crybaby with daddy/mommy issues. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, VBS said:

IDK are the new Dark Elves. Left alone in the dark whining about Teclis being a bad boi.

Can't wait till Malekith shows up a teaches those pesky water elves who is the true master crybaby with daddy/mommy issues. 

Well to me IDK are more like a blend of DE and HE

Hopefully Malekith's boys will show us the true malice of the mortal realms

Edited by Whitefang
  • LOVE IT! 1

Agreed. The way I see it Morathi and her Daughters of Khaine are bloody and brutal, but also somewhat small scale (they only occupy a small corner of the Realm of Shadow) and their very nature is quite dispersed. They are living alongside the Cities and I think that makes them a touch (only a touch) more "tame" in their ideals. They'd rather twist things to their advantage and lack the military build up to force and conquer things. Furthermore their "broken god" and Morathi's own issues I think distracts them from long term goals. Indeed with Morathi biting any Queens that rise up enough to challenge her ideas and with her own whims and such - the DoK are powerful, but not game-changers on their own.

Malekith though I think will change things. He's got the greater build of the Realm of Shadows under his sway; he's got vast cities and settlements. That gives him a powerful military force. Furthermore he's not as insane as his mother (it would seem though we don't know all too much about him) and I think that whilst her experiences have jaded her and led her to view things at a bit of a smaller scale; he's viewing the grand scale. Remembering that he's a full God in his own right. 

I can see his army making a blazing appearance into the setting once they are unleashed from the shadows. I can also see him being a real pest in the Order Grand Alliance in general - powerful and selfish enough to cause ripples and wobbles and problems whilst being too powerful to throw aside. 

• Like 1