The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

Actually, in the book The Court of the Blind King, the Idoneth aren't really portrayed as hating Teclis.  They're more in awe of/afraid of him.  They realize that they are pretty messed up, and don't seem to blaim that on him.

The book is full of lore inconsistencies. Personally I am choosing to ignore most of it and stick with the idoneth as presented in the battletome. I imagine the Lumineth tome will at least touch on the relationship between Teclis and the idoneth. 

You can question how many Idoneth even know that Teclis wanted to destroy them. 

The idoneth reveal trailer appears to be narrated by Teclis and he doesn't exactly seem ashamed of them. 

1 hour ago, xking said:

Really bro?   That's what you get from that situation?  Teclis a god of Hysh, shined the light of truth upon the Idoneth and saw the darkness within. 

The Idoneth are responsible for the deaths of countless innocent people. But not only that, they steal their souls.    Teclis wanting to start over with the Idoneth is not without merit.

Teclis made them without thinking about the consequences, decided he didn't like what he got and thought it was perfectly acceptable to wipe them all out. 

I don't really see how the idoneth are any worse than most order factions. The cities of sigmar make war for profit, so do the Duradin factions, the sylvaneth kill those who come into their woods. Even the stormcasts are quite happy to wipe whole cities of people out. 

In fact most idoneth only kill to survive and would be perfectly happy staying under the sea if they could. In my view they have the most justified reason for killing out of any army. Plus normal killing sends your soul to shyish where most of the time nagash grabs it and makes you into a slave. Far better to be "reincarnated" as an Aelf than to serve as a mindless thrall for all eternity. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, JPjr said:

Maybe Teclis just isn't under as much pressure as Alarielle, or say Morathi, to present his divine form as a good looking young person with a take it or leave it approach to clothes.

🤔

The world isn't ready for Hot Dad Bod "Call me Daddy, Volturnos" Teclis.

...but my fanfiction is!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

15 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

New Lumineth article you might not have been able to find on the hard to navigate new Warhammer Community site:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/01/27/the-lumineth-lowdown-part-1gw-homepage-post-2/ :) 

Am I the only one who thinks the new site is much harder to navigate, with there being 3 different places where new articles could show up?

• Like 7

Nice to see we’ll get more articles leading up to the release of Lumineth. I really enjoy these little articles, even if they’re not about an army I intend to buy. 

Some nice little pieces of fluff. Four subcultures based on elements (well not exactly, but close). I personally like the info about emotion. Lumineth basically lose much emotion, which is fine because emotion is associated with Slaanesh. 

51 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

New Lumineth article you might not have been able to find on the hard to navigate new Warhammer Community site:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/01/27/the-lumineth-lowdown-part-1gw-homepage-post-2/ :) 

Ha! I knew it they can't feel emotion. So called perfect elves are just as tainted by slaanesh as the rest of us. 

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

(Oh no, that new site looks so confusing and too busy!)

But to the topic at hand:

Well, lads, lasses and enby pals, this is where I think my stop on the hype train comes. I wanted overly-emotional (Kin-strife! Kin-strife!) Silmarillion elves, not the arrogant and aloof LOTR elves! I am most likely hyperbolic right now, but this really feels like Eldar: AoS Edition with similar history, personality and both carry magic stones on them (albeit for different purposes, hahahah!). And nothing against Lumineth or Eldar - or anyone who wants more arrogant elves - but they aren't for me. The models are still cool and I'll gladly follow what kinds of Lumineth we'll still be teased with.

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

this really feels like Eldar:

I thought the same. Kinda disappointing, actually. Then again, maybe they are really just trying to bring the two systems closer together so that one day they can just sell one set of rules and let the armies from both pay each other. 

There are already orks/orruks, the demons, and a god-emperor (plus that Space Marine in the one Warhammer story). The Necrons will be the masters of the lizardmen, and the Eldar will reclaim their lost tribes of elves.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

@Public Universal Duardin Oh, I think there will be plenty of opportunity for kin-strife.  You underestimate the elven desire to prove they are superior, ESPECIALLY over their own kin!

I can see them and Idoneth have that dynamic, rather than whoever Malerion has been cooking up in Ulgu.

5 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

I thought the same. Kinda disappointing, actually. Then again, maybe they are really just trying to bring the two systems closer together so that one day they can just sell one set of rules and let the armies from both pay each other. 

There are already orks/orruks, the demons, and a god-emperor (plus that Space Marine in the one Warhammer story). The Necrons will be the masters of the lizardmen, and the Eldar will reclaim their lost tribes of elves.

I do not know if I want that future at all. Nothing against 40K as a game, but I have been so happy that both the lore, feeling and community of AoS is the polar opposite of 40K's hives of scum and villainy.

2 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

They are not Eldar, they are better than eldar

A, a bit at least

I must begrudgingly admit that 'has a sphinx' > 'no sphinx' so yes, Lumineth are better than Eldar, scientifically!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

Actually, in the book The Court of the Blind King, the Idoneth aren't really portrayed as hating Teclis.  They're more in awe of/afraid of him.  They realize that they are pretty messed up, and don't seem to blaim that on him.

I recommend not using that book for lore, It's inconsistent, stick to the tome in my opinion. David didn't even read two pages from the tome from the look of things.