The Rumour Thread

9 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

I do not like the design of the model, however I think the face is acceptable

Teclis is always ugly, and now he is also older, so that face is ok

Alarielle is very old too and looks perfect. They are gods, it's supposed that years dont afect them. As said, the Eidolon's face is incredible, and I think is a God picture too

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, CitizenX said:

I wonder if Death is getting any support in that book since it is supposed to be a Death vs Chaos book, or if it is all Chaos all the time?

Yeah, so do I

although it might more about the skaven part of the book, if they are even a part of it in some way, considering that gw was talking about a book that something for everyone who plays chaos

Edited by Skreech Verminking

23 minutes ago, Hoseman said:

Alarielle is very old too and looks perfect. They are gods, it's supposed that years dont afect them. As said, the Eidolon's face is incredible, and I think is a God picture too

To be fair, Alarielle is much much younger than Teclis. Or, atleast her body is. She was reborn during the Realmgate wars. So maybe 150-200 years ago. As far as we know, Teclis had this form since the Age of Myth. 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

To be fair, Alarielle is much much younger than Teclis. Or, atleast her body is. She was reborn during the Realmgate wars. So maybe 150-200 years ago. As far as we know, Teclis had this form since the Age of Myth. 

What’s 150-200 years in the timeframe old world through the end of it, through the time of myth, time of chaos and now the age of sigmar? 

10 hours ago, Jymmy said:

I think that Luminarchs will be a great success, just remember the initial reaction to OB, it was mostly negative until they revealed the full range.

I don't know. I never saw much hype for OB compared to pretty much anything else until the rules came out as hilariously broken. Suddenly plenty of people were picking them up. 

Luminarchs will be a massive success though, no doubt about that. People have been clamouring for new Not-HighElves since Day 1 and these are a very good continuation of the WHFB design.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Kramer said:

What’s 150-200 years in the timeframe old world through the end of it, through the time of myth, time of chaos and now the age of sigmar? 

The Age of Sigmar has lasted 200 years or so already, plus 500-700 years of the age of Chaos and the thousands of years of the Age of Myth. 200 years is not a lot compared to the rest of the timescale. 

2 hours ago, Hoseman said:

Than conversion sounds awesome, and I love the eidolon it's a master piece very beautiful to paint and to watch. On the other side it sounds expensive buying both eidolon and telcis miniatures to make just one... 

I would like to know if Teclis has a alone version like the Lord Arcanum on Tauralon that you can put it on foot

While expensive, a good thing is that the Eidolon has 2 head options, so you can easily find the spare one on bit sizes / with other people.

I secured mine already 🤣

30 minutes ago, xking said:

When Lord-Arcanum Lynus Ghalmorian died as mortal his bones had fossilized and was long dead before Sigmar claimed him. So the  Age of Myth was minimum 10,000 years.   

there was a forest a couple years back that fossilized in a few weeks (as a result of a natural disaster). fossilisation is a result of a chemical reaction, not heat and pressure.

(Derek Briggs and Amanda Kear also preformed a laboratory experiement (which has been peer reviewed) that showed that fossilisation can take place in 2 weeks, and theoretically even more quickly.)

7 minutes ago, Turin Turambar said:

there was a forest a couple years back that fossilized in a few weeks (as a result of a natural disaster). fossilisation is a result of a chemical reaction, not heat and pressure.

(Derek Briggs and Amanda Kear also preformed a laboratory experiement (which has been peer reviewed) that showed that fossilisation can take place in 2 weeks, and theoretically even more quickly.)

The age of myth may also not hold itself to what is scientifically possible/plausible. Time itself may not even have the same progression for every bit of the mortal realms.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JPjr said:

Maybe Teclis just isn't under as much pressure as Alarielle, or say Morathi, to present his divine form as a good looking young person with a take it or leave it approach to clothes.

🤔

I don't think anyone is capable of putting that kind of pressure on them. 

Anyway I'm glad Teclis is as ugly on the outside as he is on the inside. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, xking said:

Why do people think Teclis is some kind of horrible monster?     He's not perfect, but that does not make him evil.

He's (HollowHills) loyal to his army. Which is totally cool.

But misguided when I look at his avatar. 😉 That dude with the eyepatch isn't exactly a beauty either. 

18 minutes ago, xking said:

Why do people think Teclis is some kind of horrible monster?     He's not perfect, but that does not make him evil.

I know right? Its like how people are so hard on Hitler just because he wanted to perfect the Aryan race (Pointy Aelves) and get rid of the lesser race(s) (Idoneth).

4 minutes ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

Actually, in the book The Court of the Blind King, the Idoneth aren't really portrayed as hating Teclis.  They're more in awe of/afraid of him.  They realize that they are pretty messed up, and don't seem to blaim that on him.

Yeah it portrays a weird dynamic. But there is a kind of ‘why didn’t he do better’ undercurrent as well. There is a kind of blame they don’t really voice. Maybe to scared of the emotion if they would voice it. 

2 hours ago, JPjr said:

Maybe Teclis just isn't under as much pressure as Alarielle, or say Morathi, to present his divine form as a good looking young person with a take it or leave it approach to clothes.

🤔

To be fair, Teclis has never been good looking (even when he's not stood next to Tyrion), nor thought of himself as such, so it would be a pretty sharp departure for him. Nagash didn't ascend to godhood, and suddenly decide to start wearing skin and a normal sized hat.

Have some sexy, objectified boy gods for your troubles. :) 

Sigmar-flying-around.jpg.8f8aecf1acd7001bc338b97ae2afa64f.jpg

grimnir.jpg.46dc17c1c1bd93eff45856263faa1d68.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 hours ago, JPjr said:

🤔

yea, and Teclis was always an ugly dude... maybe he just didn't care enough to change his facial structure due to his hubris? Either way, I'm sure he's packing some heat at least considering the sweats he's wearing

• Like 1