The Rumour Thread

"A NEW COMBINED DAEMONS ALLEGIANCE" ?

Well, I thought they would do that when they first teased the book, but man I'm happy with this as it was my main army in WFB and in 40k :D 

I have to say I'm really looking forward for the rules (the Daemons allegiance and the Siege stuff) but mostly the fluff ! 

Time to paint some Daemons and that Dreadhold

• Like 4

2 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

Possibly it's just me but I expected a bigger reveal for the aelves to get people hyped... I am not hyped. Maybe that's due to Teclis really being a bummer (at least for me) idk 
The Riders are superb, but not enough to hype me...

How do you feel about the Lumineth so far?

Despite really liking the troops and Eltharion I was pretty bummed out by Teclis.

Now with a new project entitled "Teclis Lord of Hysh and Nostalgia" planned I'm more excited.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

Possibly it's just me but I expected a bigger reveal for the aelves to get people hyped... I am not hyped. Maybe that's due to Teclis really being a bummer (at least for me) idk 

Yeah the two battleline where ok, not mindblowing but still good miniature 

Teclis model reveal was really disappointing, I didn’t like it perticular and there seems to be mix reaction for that model

light of Eltharion was probably biggest highlight of the whole reveal

i hope the other new unit will have a better reaction 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Eldarain said:

And they got great rules... Funny how that works

Eh the rules don't matter to me - I loved the Ossiarchs for their theme and looks. Good rules helps, but at the same time the power-gamers market is still enslaved to Slaanesh. Plus I'd wager that overall its a smaller portion of the market than the internet might make it out to seem. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Blightzkrieg said:

I don't imagine the rest of the army will be made up of T-posing elves awkwardly detached from their mounts, so it should be well received. Looking forward to the rest of the units. With Teclis they were trying to do something unique and I don't personally think it worked.

Yeah, in general on Whatts app groups people are chating about how to convert Teclis.  A popular idea is replace the head for a Eidolon one.  Some people wanna remove the Sphix and put Teclis on a modified Balewind Vortex.

The lack of magic on the models is so weired.  No spirals, beams or energies of any sort.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thiagoma said:

Yeah, in general on Whatts app groups people are chating about how to convert Teclis.  A popular idea is replace the head for a Eidolon one.  Some people wanna remove the Sphix and put Teclis on a modified Balewind Vortex.

The lack of magic on the models is so weired.  No spirals, beams or energies of any sort.

Since he's a god leading an army from the Realm of Light I'm not sure how you'd model light magic to be honest. Maybe paint OSL effects from his gems?

• LOVE IT! 1

OBR also got the box set, I guess many people started with that, should always increase the initial player base.

Teclis: He is a god, creator of whole races, one of the most powerful wizards ever known... I don’t get this feeling from this model.

I would preferred him as a smaller Model (not Nagash size), so you underestimate him and give him magical elements to show this part of his power. And definitely without a pet, I really don’t get the link to this spirit of hysh. 
I like the model of the spirit, but actually dislike the  connection to Teclis. The focus is on the pet and not Teclis.

the riders and spear men are quite nice, like the clean approach!

Edited by Johann
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Thiagoma said:

An Eidolon pretty much has the same pose as the Teclis artwork 🤔

2 hours ago, Johann said:

OBR also got the box set, I guess many people started with that, should always increase the initial player base.

Teclis: He is a god, creator of whole races, one of the most powerful wizards ever known... I don’t get this feeling from this model.

I would preferred him as a smaller Model (not Nagash size), so you underestimate him and give him magical elements to show this part of his power. And definitely without a pet, I really don’t get the link to this spirit of hysh. 
I like the model of the spirit, but actually dislike the  connection to Teclis. The focus is on the pet and not Teclis.

the riders and spear men are quite nice, like the clean approach!

The more I look at them, the more I like the new high elves. A lot cleaner than the old ones.

As for Teclis, if I end up getting it, I would have Teclis in conversation with the spirit. Hyish is a bit of a contemplative place, and I like making dioramas.

Chances are much better of me getting just a few elves that I like, and using them in a Cities army.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

An Eidolon pretty much has the same pose as the Teclis artwork 🤔

Than conversion sounds awesome, and I love the eidolon it's a master piece very beautiful to paint and to watch. On the other side it sounds expensive buying both eidolon and telcis miniatures to make just one... 

I would like to know if Teclis has a alone version like the Lord Arcanum on Tauralon that you can put it on foot

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

Well all we got was a couple of models and I'm 100% on you that Teclis looks dumb.

For me I'm not hyped until they start teasing rules. There is nothing more disheartening for me than to invest, build and paint an army, only to put it on the table and realizing the army sucks. 

• Like 1