The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, shinros said:

They're not getting new models, they gave a similar response when people asked where is the Slaanesh mortals when people slowly realised the release was only daemons. In my opinion I think Seraphon players should lower their expectations, that way if there is new models you will get a nice surprise. 

Honestly, I think many Seraphon players would be over the moon if they get the same treatment as Slaanesh last year. But yeah I fully agree that its better people lower their expectation. Chances are small I think there will be anything else, but I think that was already to be expected when they started to reveal the aelves release for spring. Would be odd to have a large seraphon release squezed in before that without having seen the slightest hint about it. And it would have surprised me if they waited with the Seraphon BT after making so much effort to update all other BT within a year.

I think the Nurgle warband is absolutely awesome., better then I could have imagined.  Love the Aelves too. Like someone said, they really seem to showoff what they are capable of these days. I do't think a plastic hollow hero would have been possible a couple of years ago.  Downside ofcourse is that some of them will be very fragile. 

Not sure about Teclis. It looks a bit weird to me, almost like he is sitting on the wing of his mount. But that can be just the angle. It looks better already from a different angle at some point in de video. The mount however is impressive, also because of the paintjob. 

Seraphon terrain is cool. Shame they don't get some replacements, and I am surprised they have no Endless Spells (Facebook reply seem to confirm that). You would think endless spelss are made for a magical/unnatural faction like Seraphon.  Overall I think what they needed the most is new rules, and thats what they are getting. To me the army still looks awesome despite their age.

I see alot of rumour engines solved by these reveals

Blimey, that was a reveal and a half!  As usual, I'm looking forward to seeing some of the models in the flesh as photos don't always show miniatures in the best light.  Looking forward to seeing how the new Aelves look like as a complete army - for me the level of detail that's been added for the Wardens is spot on!  Just enough that they're interesting, but not so much that painting lots of them will be tedious.  Plenty of Ironweld/Cogfort conversion opportunity within the new Ad Mech stuff too.  Highlight for me is Eltharion - wow!  Certainly one I can see me getting at some point purely as a painting project!

1 hour ago, King Under the Mountain said:

On the LVO Facebook post someone asked if all the Seraphon were getting was a new tome and scenery and the AoS page responded "That's all we've seen so far".  So possibility that there is more to come 

As harsh as this may sound, I wouldn't put too much money on a GW comment on a Facebook post!  The social media team (and in fact WarCom) don't get read into all of the upcoming releases, so it's plausible something could be on the slightly further ahead horizon!

19 minutes ago, Barbossal said:

What a whirlwind few days, from seeing the leaked Seraphon cards, to hearing the rumours of a dual Seraphon/Giant box, to finally the LVO reveal. 

I know there's a lot of scrutiny towards negativity, but take this at face value: this is pretty brutal for Seraphon. This is the range that has been waiting the longest for support, as it's the range with the oldest models, last to get a rules supplement, and has essential units still in resin. Getting the Battletome and Terrain is below even my baseline expectations of the Hero-in-a-double-box concept.

Curious what the decision making is there since Seraphon have a pretty dedicated userbase. Lack of interest from GW? Sales numbers? The worst part is being the last tome out of the gate usually implies that you'll be near the last tome for 3.0 too, so it's going to be about a decade between new model updates. 

Anyone got a silver lining for me that I'm not seeing? I'm a sad dino atm.

Last out the gate shouldn't mean too much really. They were one of the first battletomes before and now the last so who knows. I think a lot of us seraphon players are just happy to get a book as it seemed it was never gonna happen. Does the range need an update? Yes it sure does but will take what we can get lol

Just now, Lowki said:

Honestly, I think many Seraphon players would be over the moon if they get the same treatment as Slaanesh last year

True. Instead they may be thinking "why am I playing this army still?"

Worse yet, potential new Seraphon players who may have been in the fence would be well served to pick a different army since there is much old stuff in old, fragile, defect-laden materials. 

I don't hold out much hope for the future of this army, unfortunately.

I'll get the terrain piece, though!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xking said:

Is GW serious with that Mechanicus stuff? Dudes riding mechanical horses and dudes with Leonardo Di Vinci flying machine Packs. Belong in fantasy, not 40k millennium.

And they will be in AoS, at least on my table.

As an aside, I like them enough to consider starting 40K with Skitarii.

• Like 1

Well I like the spearmen. If they have nice mortek guard level rules and can be allied into idoneth I'll be happy. Good objective sitters while the eels do the work. 

I really hope the lore of these guys isn't just "they are perfect high elves" and then idoneth are left as is. 

Teclis clearly has poor taste given he wanted to kill the idoneth but allowed a creepy cat lady to be his "mount". 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The new Aelves are very interesting. Not my cup of tea to the extent I thought they would be but the design is exceptional in respect to its flavour and character.

But the Ad Mech at this point are basically the most AOS faction going right?

51 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Well I like the spearmen. If they have nice mortek guard level rules and can be allied into idoneth I'll be happy. Good objective sitters while the eels do the work. 

I really hope the lore of these guys isn't just "they are perfect high elves" and then idoneth are left as is. 

Teclis clearly has poor taste given he wanted to kill the idoneth but allowed a creepy cat lady to be his "mount". 

Cat-things > fish-things 😛

28 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Is it because they are ****** just like their dad? 

lol!

They're going to come with a massive endless spell smug cloud.

And the size of Teclis' trousers and hat...  something told me he'd have a massive hat, and nothing good can ever come from an elf with a big hat and massive troosers.

And he's taken the green knight's horse away and made him walk on foot. - elves for you.

The zoat is amazing, and like the skitaari has so much aos-ing potential.

Peasants will be fleeing all over the place when this lot land.

• Haha 1

Whitefang was right telling us they are a lot like classic High Elves. To be honest now Lumineth are the most "normal" release in AoS. They seem more human than Stormcasts Eternal. Models of infrantry are great and I really appreciate they didn't recycle old minis from High Elves into them.

Same goes for cavalery. Horses? I mean like normal horses, not elves riding goats, squids or caterpillars? Fine by me. 

With the hollow armor I'm already thinking how to install small led light inside so he is even more Light Aelf. 

Teclis model is great and a huge mount with terrain was a neccesity unless GW made him giant. A god can't be on a base that 100 point heroes are on, can he? 

And his face is alright. It's a face of far-east Asian male you RACIST MONSTERS!

Edited by Aryann
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Aryann said:

Whitefang was right telling us they are a lot like classic High Elves. To be honest now Lumineth are the most "normal" release in AoS. They seem more human than Stormcasts Eternal. Models of infrantry are great and I really appreciate they didn't recycle old minis from High Elves into them.

Same goes for cavalery. Horses? I mean like normal horses, not elves riding goats, squids or caterpillars? Fine by me. 

With the hollow armor I'm already thinking how to install small led light inside so he is even more Light Aelf. 

Teclis model is great and a huge mount with terrain was a neccesity unless GW made him giant. A god can't be on a base that 100 point heroes are on, can he? 

And his face is alright. It's a face of a typically badly sculpted GW male.

corrected for you... no charge. :)

55 minutes ago, Nos said:

The new Aelves are very interesting. Not my cup of tea to the extent I thought they would be but the design is exceptional in respect to its flavour and character.

But the Ad Mech at this point are basically the most AOS faction going right?

Admech is quite an AoS faction in design now. I think GW is okay with that, it can be a bridging thing, and if I use their gorgeous mounts in kitbashing, they don't lose a cent on it.

Come to think of it, if I get my hands on a few Corpsmare endless spells, I could put machinery inside, as if it was a mechanical steed, but covered with horse skin in an attempt not to scare the populous that goes horribly awry when combat rips that skin.

• Like 1

Oh man, it’s so sad but I’m still buzzing about this chonky ZOAT lad. 

I really do like Blackstone Fortress as a game but the way they’ve used it to dig back into the lore, pull out a few very old classics and bring to the table little explored parts of the universe is just truly wonderful.

The one thing I’ve always found jarring about 40k was the idea of this dull, strictly segregated universe. Makes sense game wise but, for all it’s brilliantly wild over the top nonsense, as an actual lived in universe it sometimes felt a little sterile.

Using BSF as this kind of Mos Eisley haven of scum & villainy where the myriad races of the cosmos are actually represented and have to run up against one another is much more interesting. Hopefully their trawl through the Rogue Trader bestiary continues apace and at some point we get Warp Vampires, Catachan Face Eaters, Enslavers, Carnivorous Sand Clams, Jokaero, Ptera-Squirrels, Ymgrl Genestealers, Cthellean Cudbears, Groxes, Gyrinxes and, let’s us not forget, a HORSE.

I’m torn as I really want them to come back to AoS with Quest and likewise use it to hurl loads of crazy models at us that wouldn’t immediately fit in a normal army release but then I want them to carry on with BSF and bring more high weirdness back to the war torn galaxy of the 41st millennium (or 42nd now, I forget).

Astonishing to think the world is on the brink of total socio-political-environmental collapse and this is what’s getting my blood pumping, probably need to rethink my priorities but still a welcome break from the real life End Times I guess...

Edited by JPjr
  • Like 9

57 minutes ago, xking said:

I also think the new elves should have just been called "Lumineth" . I don't think we need it the realm-Lords part.

Seconded, "Realm-lords" is an awful name. Even Lumineth... I don't know, 'Lumineth Something' would have been better. Lumineth Hosts. Lumineth Phalanxes. The '-eth' ending tying them to the other elf factions is cool though.

Some lovely models, mind. Not my cup of tea but a well thought-out aesthetic, a good evolution from the older High Elf look, and some incredible technical achievements. They do look a lot better in the video, the GW photos don't really do them any favours, some poor angles that don't show the strengths of the Eltharion and Teclis minis.

Unfortunate about the Seraphon. There's a lot they could change but frankly new sarus warriors, knights and kroxigors would get them 95% of the way there, most of the other models are good but resin (the slann is basically perfect) or a bit rubbish but not core to the army. Looking forward to the background working through the Starborne and the Coalesced thing but a simple-ish core refresh, even one on the order of the Slaves to Darkness SC box, would go a long way to pulling folks in.

I don't know, those lumineth smell to much the same recipe as the OBR for me. Nothing that yell "NEEEED" to me. It is often the Big monster that make me jump into the army. This teclis is too much diorama, not enough battle fighting... I'll wait to see the full range (and probably a financial opportunity like a big box or battleforce...). I even resold my OBR lol.

1 hour ago, Sleboda said:

True. Instead they may be thinking "why am I playing this army still?"

Worse yet, potential new Seraphon players who may have been in the fence would be well served to pick a different army since there is much old stuff in old, fragile, defect-laden materials. 

I don't hold out much hope for the future of this army, unfortunately.

I'll get the terrain piece, though!

And there it is again. Right at the very moment the battletome and even a scenario piece is announced, people begin to fear for the future of the army.

I don’t get the pessimism.

One question to all those who fear there will be no Model updates for the existing armies in 2020: What else do you think they’ll do this year? 2.0 Battletomes are complete. Will they wriggle their thumps for the rest of the year? Or start 10 completely new armies? I don’t think so. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I totally agree that they are the most down to earth looking proper aos army. Still I'm a bit dissapointed by regular horses. They could have made something a bit more aos and showcased more of the animals of Hysh with it. Heck horse-looking creatures with that creepy mask/face thing that teclis mount has would have been awesome and unsettling xD