The Rumour Thread

Ditto, for a small update last year would've been perfect to keep it in-line with all the other updated first-draft tomes and have the Seraphon focus on the Soul Wars living spells which would've fit with their magic specialty nature of commanding those eldritch natural disasters for a greater purpose.

With the new Ghur focus it feels hopeful for a Gloomspite-level revamp to go along with the new models and plots. 

Less mystical cosmos focus and more putting ferocious warriors on the ground to match the tone.

We'll have to see. :)

• LOVE IT! 1

7 hours ago, amysrevenge said:

It's like a wonderful Poe's Law thing, where I legitimately can't tell if it's a real person, or if it's some forum regular making an alt account posting as satire.

honestly, I've come to the conclusion that Icegoat is some selfless lad who has offered himself as a sacrificial lamb by representing something so obnoxious and disliked that he brings the rest of the community closer together in our contempt.

• Haha 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

8 hours ago, Icegoat said:

The only pain I feel is that the mortal realms are a far hollower and  restrictive place than the old world. In the old world humans were in every flavour. Every race and creed.in aos we have chaos humans and the few sets remaining of the free guild.thats it.  It is a tragedy that give years down the line aos still doesn't have a human faction. Stormcast eternals are the hollowest of all.

I agree with this.

There are no new human factions, only some old stuff that was thrown into cities of sigmar to give WHFB players a bone.

Stormcast are super vanilla and uninspiring.

Some new and unique human factions that aren't infected by Chaos would be very nice to see.

• Haha 1

1h right? Time for bed for me but I’ll wake up early to check it.

In one of the podcasts dedicated to Warcry they mentioned that humans dedicated to chaos in a fashion or another outnumber the “order” ones in the order of millions.

In saying that I don’t see why a new human faction should contain only humans, it could really well be a cities force or represent a specific empire or culture multiracial. My bet would be that this is something they may explore with an expansion of Warcry or Warhammer Underworld.

So after all this time, Seraphon get...a terrain piece. Wonderful.

I'm not really surprised, given the lack of a single convincing Seraphon rumor engine, but I'm still sad about it.

On the plus side, New Light Aelves look fantastic, though the idea of transporting Teclis there worries me a little.

• Sad 1

Wonderful stuff for the Lumineth.

Eltharion and his hallow armor are incredible, from concept to execution.

I also like that elves have a common faction naming factor.

Idoneth 

Syvaneth

Lumineth

Finally, it all looks like a great re imagining of High elves. I expect a few new generic heroes to go with this, and maybe the spearmen or cavalry are multipart. 

For the heroes, we still don't now what model the elven "antler" goes to, so I expect it to be for the generic Army leader characters mount.

Also, no Tyrion, so these seem to be Teclis' boys and girls.

Edited by Athrawes
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Athrawes said:

Wonderful stuff for the Lumineth.

Eltharion and his hallow armor are incredible, from concept to execution.

I also like that elves have a common faction naming factor.

Idoneth 

Syvaneth

Lumineth

Finally, it all looks like a great re imagining of High elves. I expect a few new generic heroes to go with this, and maybe the spearmen or cavalry are multipart. 

Also, no Tyrion, so these seem to be Teclis' boys and girls.

I also expect an elite unit that is similar to Elatharion. Overall they look great, they pay homage and have an AOS flair.

When I saw the Eltharion model in the trailer I thought it could be Tyrion, but bringing him back is a great nod to the High Elves. Love the concept, love the models, hate the pain I'm gonna cause to my wallet. And, as someone posted before, I think Tyrion will probably come later with a "New chamber" for the army.

2 minutes ago, shinros said:

I also expect an elite unit that is similar to Elatharion. Overall they look great, they pay homage and have an AOS flair.

I think you're right.

This is Teclis' army so I expect 1 elite unit of maybe remained swordmasters that are a unit of wizards.

Most of the rumor engines that seemed aelf related dont appear to be used anywhere here, so I think its safe to say we will at least get a generic mage and Lord on mount (the antler rumor engine comes to mind here)

• Like 2

Seraphon terrain is great and all but it makes that terrain the only thing they've gotten for all of AoS. Hoping there's more up their sleeves, like Endless Spells and at least one new sculpt. Tzeentch spells weren't shown in the Christmas preview ao I can see this happening.

4 minutes ago, trolemon said:

Seraphon terrain is great and all but it makes that terrain the only thing they've gotten for all of AoS. Hoping there's more up their sleeves, like Endless Spells and at least one new sculpt. Tzeentch spells weren't shown in the Christmas preview ao I can see this happening.

They need new Saurus.  The art is awesome....but it further exaggerates how bad the basic Saurus and Saurus Knights look.  With just that and Kroxigors I think they could do wonders for the range.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, trolemon said:

Picture has the old finecast Slaan, which had to be on the short list of remade heroes if they were actually getting even one new model, I'm not getting my hopes up.

I mean, I guess this means I don't have to devote any painting time to Seraphon before I start on Pointy Aelves but I really, really, wanted some new Saurus models that didn't look completely embarrassing.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2