The Rumour Thread

55 minutes ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

@madmac I'm not so sure about that.  That would make 3 factions coming out in a very short time frame.  Who would you put in the box vs. the Pointy Aelves then?

Not everything has to be a box. I'm just guessing based on the ship dates for Seraphon/Gargants being pretty much the same.

16 hours ago, Mutton said:

Oh no...an army of giants? Giants are just bigger Ogors...*powerful sweating*

Here's hoping GW goes out of its way to distinguish their background/visual identity from the ogres.  Bit concerned about the prospect of another faction of big thick dudes who like smashing and wear gut-plates, trousers and not much else.

It would be good it they could bring in some of the tragedy or melancholy the WHFB giants had. Doesn't have to be literal sky-titans but it would be a distinctive theme. The quote from the WHFRP bestiary stuck with me:

"Lost and done. Our empire is no more, lost in the sands, trampled by insects. Ours is the long slow fade to quiet. Ironic for we whose voices once shook the mountains’ roots. Not many left to mourn our passing now, not that you scurrying parasites would bother. Of course we turn to drink... or to the darkness in the North. Both are ways of forgetting what we’ve lost."

Regardless I think it's safe to say that some of their background will be tied in to Gordrakk's upcoming attack on Excelsis. A siege is the perfect time to start showing off a new faction of giants.

• Like 13
  • Sad 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

On 11/25/2019 at 12:26 PM, BaylorCorvette said:

Makes sense actually. Last week I was on vacation in the UK and I was at one of their major store fronts and was chatting with one of the employees who asked what faction I played. I told him Legion of Blood and then I proceeded to talk about how I wished LoN would get updated and/or there would be more Vampire stuff. He told me that he has heard internally of a Soulblight related army coming out but not until 2021, which seems like a really long ways away but I don't know. He also mentioned some really big models coming out in the near future fr AoS. If there was a Soulblight related army coming out then I could very well see "Legions of Nagash" being phased out for specific Death factions and not the LoN "soup" as we know it.

Interesting about the possibility of Giants. I posted the above last November. When I was in the UK at one of GW's major stores I was told about how an army of "giant" models was coming for destruction this year and then he went on to talk about a Soulblight specific battletome end of this year or start of 2021. I took all of that with a grain of salt but now it seems a little more legit.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

So...low high wound individually, low model count overall? Pretty sure thats called Mawtribes 

Gargants probably won't have Gnoblars to make horde armies. And the model count will be probably lower than Mawtribes. How many Imperial Knights are in the 2000 army? 3-5?

2 minutes ago, michu said:

Gargants probably won't have Gnoblars to make horde armies. And the model count will be probably lower than Mawtribes. How many Imperial Knights are in the 2000 army? 3-5?

Depends on how you build your army and if your taking Armigers but yeah, 3-5. Mawtribes varies but is usually around 30ish, at least on the Gutbuster side. BCR can actually get down to 6 if you just spam Stonehorns.

There was a rumor a year or two ago about Ogors being re-released as much bigger and fatter models with unit sizes all being in the 1 to 3 range. I wonder if that rumor was actually about this Sons of Behemet faction. Suppose we might find out in a few hours :P.

7 minutes ago, Forrix said:

There was a rumor a year or two ago about Ogors being re-released as much bigger and fatter models with unit sizes all being in the 1 to 3 range. I wonder if that rumor was actually about this Sons of Behemet faction. Suppose we might find out in a few hours :P.

One of the best ogor build is BCR (and very competitive!) with 4 stonehorns (various builds) and 2 or 3 units of low models counts Mournfangs. So, I won't be chocked to see an army of gargants with 3-5 Superbibg-Gargants and few normal gargants, just making them differents with sprues options (weapons, heads, visible relics & accessories, big stones for catapult-like guy, etc... and an additional sprue to the actual gargants to make them even more customisable.

+ the rule of "count as X" for objectives.

3 hours ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

@madmac I'm not so sure about that.  That would make 3 factions coming out in a very short time frame.  Who would you put in the box vs. the Pointy Aelves then?

New armies usually do NOT get a box on release. I was very suprised when Bonereapers did, It's certainly the exception to the rule. Typically you would see new models show up in a battleforce/vs box / start collecting ~1yr after the army comes out... They want to sell kits at full price first.   That said, their buisness model while mostly predictable is always evolving, so perhaps Feast of Bones was a bellweather. 

Anyway I think the fact that "Sons of Behemat Warscroll Cards" is a product indicates that there must be some new kits. You're not going to sell a pack of 2-3 cards. I don't think they'll include ogors or models from all these other battletomes that JUST came out. It could possibly be 1-3 new kits,  each with multiple builds. Multiple builds for the existing gargant, could be 10 different units. from those few kits. Would be smaller than even DoK and FEC, but we know how popular imperial knights are so it could work. 

8 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

New armies usually do NOT get a box on release. I was very suprised when Bonereapers did, It's certainly the exception to the rule. Typically you would see new models show up in a battleforce/vs box / start collecting ~1yr after the army comes out... They want to sell kits at full price first.   That said, their buisness model while mostly predictable is always evolving, so perhaps Feast of Bones was a bellweather. 

Anyway I think the fact that "Sons of Behemat Warscroll Cards" is a product indicates that there must be some new kits. You're not going to sell a pack of 2-3 cards. I don't think they'll include ogors or models from all these other battletomes that JUST came out. It could possibly be 1-3 new kits,  each with multiple builds. Multiple builds for the existing gargant, could be 10 different units. from those few kits. Would be smaller than even DoK and FEC, but we know how popular imperial knights are so it could work. 

Gloomspite also got a duel box close to its release

• Like 2

Yep, and some others also: armigers were in a dual army box (way) before IK release, IK were in a big box before IK codex release, gloomspite & more recently OBR...

So, everything is possible. Remember that 2020 is not (supposedly) an AoS year: there is no Big new starter set (which will most certainly be a 40K one this summer) and every battletomes are done (well, except seraphon soon). So, it is really possible to see new armies and maybe a big thematic box (à la IK for example, which was almost 2 IK full kits+ a decor+rules). And of course the usual dual army boxes (probably one more this year, even 2) and the traditional 4 christmass battleforces.

One thing we have not seen in AoS yet is a Shadowspear type box. All brand new models (easy to build/starter set variety) in a dual army box.  This could be a good way to get some new sculpts out there for Seraphon (similar to how the new STD box is designed to compliment existing kits with dynamic yet unflexible models), if they don't want to completely replace some of the dated seraphon plastic kits. 
I think it's also quite possible from a business release timing/cadence perspective.... Soul Wars is over a year and a half old now... We got Shadowspear almost 2 years after Dark Imperium.  

1 hour ago, Forrix said:

Depends on how you build your army and if your taking Armigers but yeah, 3-5. Mawtribes varies but is usually around 30ish, at least on the Gutbuster side. BCR can actually get down to 6 if you just spam Stonehorns.

I don’t think we’ll see anything about these tonight. This’ll be the pointy elves time. They don’t usually show multiple brand new armies, for the same system at least. Maybe Adepticon in March. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Still-young said:

From DakkaDakka (I have no idea how true it is):

Recent shipping bill lists "WARSCROLL CARDS SONS OF BEHEMAT" so it looks like the Aleguzzler Gargants are coming soon. 

Don't say I didn't tell ya...

I told ya..

I kept telling ya..

They'll be looking archaon in the eye I tell thee, they're that tall...  bigger than the thing chasing Johan, oh yes indeedy yes.

I'm sure I told ya.😶

Edited by Kaleb Daark
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Forrix said:

That's actually the exact kind of thing that can happen - someone sees a thing, assumes what it is, and reports it as such.  But it's actually a different thing.

So warcry cards for armies not yet released and armies not even mentioned.and yet nothing for cities of sigmar the evidence is mounting up .no other army is getting this sort of treatment it really is leaving a lot of people out in the cold. Enjoy the aelves and giants shame there will be no humans to fight.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Icegoat said:

So warcry cards for armies not yet released and armies not even mentioned.and yet nothing for cities of sigmar the evidence is mounting up .no other army is getting this sort of treatment it really is leaving a lot of people out in the cold. Enjoy the aelves and giants shame there will be no humans to fight.

Warscroll Cards, not Warcry Cards. Cities of Sigmar also got Warscroll Cards, I own them!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Still-young said:

I don’t think we’ll see anything about these tonight. This’ll be the pointy elves time. They don’t usually show multiple brand new armies, for the same system at least. Maybe Adepticon in March. 

True but it feels weird that they'd be shipping warscroll cards now for an army that isn't coming out till summer. Maybe pointy aelves are coming sooner than I thought but I don't think we've seen shipping stuff for them yet. Or these gargants wind up being a small release (though I have hard time picturing them not getting a couple of new kits at minimum).

7 minutes ago, Icegoat said:

These are warscroll cards, not Warcry cards. 

edit: dunno why I’m bothering. 

Edited by Still-young
  • Haha 5

9 minutes ago, Icegoat said:

I swear we could replace you with a D6 table of poorly thought-out bad takes or actively invented conspiracy theories and it would be about the same level of hysterical self-victimisation.

• Like 3
  • Haha 18
  • LOVE IT! 1

37 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

Don't say I didn't tell ya...

I told ya..

I kept telling ya..

They'll be looking archaon in the eye I tell thee, they're that tall...  bigger than the thing chasing Johan, oh yes indeedy yes.

I'm sure I told ya.😶

Are they essentially just big humans like the current one or has the anatomy been changed at all?

1 minute ago, GeneralZero said:

So, just half a day, 12h to wait to know.

Adepticon is probably mostly 40K focused as the (mega) rumor says that 40K V9 (AKA V8.5 like AoS minor update)  will launch this summer with a new starter set.

I really cant say what we'll see at which preview. So far we have evidence for Sons of Behemat, Seraphon and Pointy Aelfs for AoS, 2 already announced but not shown Psychic Awakening Books plus a new Custodes Codex and another PA Book "Engine War" for 40K. There is a lot of stuff and I have no idea how GW is going to present that. 

1 minute ago, sandlemad said:

I swear we could replace you with a D6 table of poorly thought-out bad takes or actively invented conspiracy theories and it would be about the same level of hysterical self-victimisation.

There is a block function. You can ignore users with just a few clicks. I did that for 2-3 people here and my whole experience improved by a lot. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

11 minutes ago, Forrix said:

True but it feels weird that they'd be shipping warscroll cards now for an army that isn't coming out till summer. Maybe pointy aelves are coming sooner than I thought but I don't think we've seen shipping stuff for them yet. Or these gargants wind up being a small release (though I have hard time picturing them not getting a couple of new kits at minimum).

possible gargants are sooner, however getting the cards printed and in warehouse early for distribution and avoiding a logistical problem. It may not be tied too closely to the kits  as to my knowledge GW does all that themselves in the UK and if you want to do an international release you want to avoid as much variance as possible ; say a third party manufacturer making my paper goods.

Edited by Evangelist of Cinders

Could also be that the Pointy Elves are like Sisters of Battle or Gloomspite - a big center piece army with LOTS of new kits.

Might be previewed now, not to be released until the summer or something, while we get a splash release for Seraphon and SoB that actually comes BEFORE the pointy elves.

Let the Speculation Wars begin!