The Rumour Thread

Behemat is obviously a potential name for a race of behemoths, gargant army being number 1 likelihood. 

For a much longer shot, does behemat sound a bit chaos dwarfy to anyone else? What with forgeworld pulling quite a few of its AoS models and all the warcry reveals where they specifically point out 'yes that is a plastic chaos dwarf' nudge nudge wink wink....im wondering if plastic chaos dwarves might be joining us sometime in the not so distant future. 

3 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

How can you get hyped by nothing but a faction nam? 🤣 calm down

For me it's the same as being excited about Hysh aelves when all we have is part of a silhouette, I love high elves but I have a soft spot for giant models. Hell it's the same reasons I play Chaos Knights in 40k. At least we know what one of the models looks like if they actually do include Aleguzzlers in the army.

• Like 2

Surely this means a new Giant kit? Maybe an addition to the existing one rather than a replacement?
I'm not big into Giants myself but it's definitely one of the crazier factions they've come up with in a game system that includes fish aelves and space lizards! Definitely going to be watching out for these and seeing how they make it work (I assume similar to how Beastclaw function.)

Edited by Jaskier

10 minutes ago, Dr Ben said:

Behemat is obviously a potential name for a race of behemoths, gargant army being number 1 likelihood. 

For a much longer shot, does behemat sound a bit chaos dwarfy to anyone else? What with forgeworld pulling quite a few of its AoS models and all the warcry reveals where they specifically point out 'yes that is a plastic chaos dwarf' nudge nudge wink wink....im wondering if plastic chaos dwarves might be joining us sometime in the not so distant future. 

Behemat was a godbeast and was basicly known as the ancestor of the Gargants, who was under the Scabrous Sprawl (this was the story back in the "Realmgate Wars: Godbeasts" Book). He basicly was killed by the Stormcast Eternals to prevent that Archaon got Behemat under his control.

It will be interesting to see if King Brodd, "last true son of Behemat" has survived.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

If we are getting the rumoured Gargant battletome, I could see there being rules for including a mercenary/ally gargant in other armies.  As for new models - fingers crossed!  Out of the box, the current one has a fairly heavy old world vibe to it and looks like it's a marauding giant who lives in a forest.  Just imagine a heavily armoured one, or one that has proper gargant sized weapons rather than a tree with a tombstone in it!  Did they have some kind of slave race?  Where are the lady gargants?  So many possibilities!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, EMMachine said:

Behemat was a godbeast and was basicly known as the ancestor of the Gargants, who was under the Scabrous Sprawl (this was the story back in the "Realmgate Wars: Godbeasts" Book). He basicly was killed by the Stormcast Eternals to prevent that Archaon got Behemat under his control.

It will be interesting to see if King Brodd, "last true son of Behemat" has survived.

1 hour ago, Jaskier said:

Wasn't there a battalion in one of those older campaign/big books literally called the Sons of Behemat or something along those lines?

EDIT: Yep, found it; it was a battalion consisting of 5 Giants!

That seems fairly conclusive then. 

11 hours ago, madmac said:

Note we don't have a leak for pointy aelf warscroll cards, but we also don't know the faction name yet, so hard to search for.

GW are using the same companies to produce this stuff, like "wargames factory". Presumably you could search based on the exporting company and find everything that way? 

Unless they hide stuff by calling it unrelated names,but if that was the case we wouldn't have found any of this stuff. 

I also searched "idoneth" and "deepkin" to no avail. So no endless spells for us any time soon... 

If the gargants are coming from the realm of light maybe they have gitmobs coming with them. Rippa snarlfang from beastgrave came from there is memory serves from a tribe who worship the evil sun. 

Could see the grotbag scuttlers in there as well, using flying ships to talk/fed/worship the gargants.

52 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Seems really odd to me, unless there are going to be 4 or 5 new kits that are all giant. 

I don't really see how they would work as a standalone army. I suppose for starters giving them a rule for capturing objectives, like Ogors... 

Eh seems legit though so I suppose we will see. 

For objective capture, the simpliest rule is like the orgor one: "count as X" where X is can be more than one (for big giants 10?, for actual gargant 5? etc...)

I don't think that we need 4 or 5 kist. The actual one could see an additional sprue for weapons and specific items, plus an additional big one à la "Imperial knight" of 40K. Maybe some tiny giant (well, it sounds weird), sold by pair or tiny giants.

1 minute ago, GeneralZero said:

For objective capture, the simpliest rule is like the orgor one: "count as X" where X is can be more than one (for big giants 10?, for actual gargant 5? etc...)

I don't think that we need 4 or 5 kist. The actual one could see an additional sprue for weapons and specific items, plus an additional big one à la "Imperial knight" of 40K. Maybe some tiny giant (well, it sounds weird), sold by pair or tiny giants.

I agree that they wont work as a stand alone army. Unless they have 'lesser slaves' or something that act as hordes/screens. Especially if they are based on the current gargant warscroll. They need stonehorn levels of damage and durability in a meta where many armies and units can ****** out 40-60 damage a phase.

1 hour ago, ageofpaddsmar said:

Excellent did that ship the same time as the cards? How many weeks are there normally between a shipment leak and a release

It's a pain to look these things up after they're already released, but to give an example of the last leak, we got the shipping confirmation for the warcry cards that are on pre-order this Sat about 12-5. So like 6-10 weeks is probably a solid estimate. Applied to the current leaks, we're looking at somewhere between end of February and Mid to late March.

Also, based on the similar ship timing, I'm going to change my guess and predict a Behemet/Seraphon dual release, maybe even a battlebox, assuming the Giant faction is anything you could make a battlebox out of to start with.

Edited by madmac
  • Like 1