The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

Now, the question remains, are they going to be Destruction? Destruction deserves a new faction. But if GW wants to replicate the Knights success they have to aim for the biggest audiance. 

If the rumor mill picks I think are giants wind up being that then I think they are pretty much destruction through and through. That said, they could be the first "Gold" faction and be both Destruction and Chaos (going off of WFB having giants and chaos giants). I'd say most likely just destruction followed by destruction and Chaos followed by just Chaos in terms of likelihood. Pretty much 0% chance of order or death unless I'm seriously off about rumor engine pics.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

Now, the question remains, are they going to be Destruction? Destruction deserves a new faction. But if GW wants to replicate the Knights success they have to aim for the biggest audiance. 

When the current Giant kit first came out it was sold on having four variants for the different armies that used them - Ogre Kingdoms, Orcs & Goblins, Beasts of Chaos and Dogs of War. It could be they try and push it as a centre piece model for 'every' army with different variants. That seems unlikely however, as I don't recall a time when GW has ever released a 'neutral' army book aside from Dogs of War.

More likely it seems to be a Destruction release, if only because of the giant shield Rumour Engine we had a few days back with the proportionally tiny Ironbreaker shield attached to it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forrix said:

If that is true then the Gargant faction might be coming way sooner than expected. I didn't think we'd see it before Pointy Elves as it would also be a major release even if they keep the old giant kit.

The shipping leaks we've gotten in the past have all been accurate, but usually around 2 months in advance, or more.

Still, it's good confirmation that something is probably coming in the next 1-4 months at the very latest.

Note we don't have a leak for pointy aelf warscroll cards, but we also don't know the faction name yet, so hard to search for.

Also, just based on these leaks and that way that Hysh Hysh hint was structured, I'm betting on a Pointy Aelves vs Giant Faction battlebox.

Edited by madmac

26 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

When the current Giant kit first came out it was sold on having four variants for the different armies that used them - Ogre Kingdoms, Orcs & Goblins, Beasts of Chaos and Dogs of War. It could be they try and push it as a centre piece model for 'every' army with different variants. That seems unlikely however, as I don't recall a time when GW has ever released a 'neutral' army book aside from Dogs of War.

My biggest recent disappointment was that:

- there was NO gargant (and synergies) in the new Ogor battletome

- there was NO (chaos) gargant (and synergies) in the new  StD battletome.

This is a double missed opportunity by GW. 

9 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

Why would they put gargants in the Gloomspite battletome AND Ogor battletome.  Beast of Chaos AND Slaves to darkness. They don't really fit in any, but they had to put them in ONE, because they were cleaning up their range (all models in a modern 2.0 battletome, or scraped).    I think they will only put a unit in multiple battletomes when it makes sense thematically (nagash in nighthaunt and bonereapers, because he's the big boss..... tzaangors in BoC and Tzeench, because they are tzeentchy beastmen) 

Now that they are getting their own army, you'll find that they will likely be removed from the next GSG battletome.  I don't know the fate of the chaos gargant, though. 

11 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

Curious to see if the Gargant book is designed more like a grand alliance compendium of different unit types. A different kit or two for each alliance can build out each alliances unit types with differing ally rules for each.

3 minutes ago, Kronos said:

So the Gargants are confirmed, and after High Elves no less.

85AEBBD4-F7E5-4DDF-AAC4-1AE8C5C2AE8E.jpeg

Forget the promise of saving and stinginess, for in the grim dark present there is only spending. There is no peace among bank accounts, only an eternity of new releases and magnificent models, and the laughter of Games Workshop stockholders.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, sorokyl said:

visitng this site:
https://cn.panjiva.com/Asia-Pacific-Offset-Ltd/1367220
Currently I can see Sons of Behemat warscroll cards on a shipping manifest dated Jan 20, 2020. 

If I use google cache:
https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:5P7vMnnxr-wJ:https://panjiva.com/Games-Workshop/46006013+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
I can see Seraphon Warscroll cards going to GW memphis warehouse on Jan 18, 2020

To find this i googled "warscroll cards sons of behemat" and "warscroll cards seraphon" site:panjiva.com

Is this legit? 

edit: also found "Blood Bowl Underworld Old World Pitch" and "Aeronatica Imperialis Taros Board".  To find different things just google "games workshop" site:panjiva.com, and look at the cached version of the various pages. 

Super excited for a Gargant army! :D 

5 minutes ago, Dirtnaps said:

Not gonna lie, I was real excited for Teclis and his new aelves but with the news of the Sons of Behemat being an actual thing pretty much all enthusiasm I had for them has been replaced by gargants. I honestly never thought they'd actually do it.

Same. I mean, who wouldn't want to play as a force of marauding giants?

Honestly, at this point I don't care whether they are ancient Greece inspired sky-titans, a rag-tag force of drunkard Aleguzzlers or Games Workshop being very late in trying to cash in on a 7-year old animated tv-show...I want them, and I want to paint them, I want to be them and krump both puny human goldmen and the chaotic spiky bois. And not to be called non-egalitarian, I am ready to krump flamyhair and flyballoon halfmen, skeleton lads and lasses, pointy ears of all kinds, green boyz big and small and the almost-worthy-of-being-unkrumped hungry lads.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Dirtnaps said:

Not gonna lie, I was real excited for Teclis and his new aelves but with the news of the Sons of Behemat being an actual thing pretty much all enthusiasm I had for them has been replaced by gargants. I honestly never thought they'd actually do it.

I think if the new Giants are more like Titans. I would get them with the elves. Something like the Titans from heroes of might and magic 3 (for those of you who played that lmao)

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1