The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, ageofpaddsmar said:

Gonna be very disappointed when seraphon are not not revealed. Gw did a great job last year in pushing books out and now there's only one left they are dragging their heels. 

Its january and we already got 2 books! I wouldnt call that "dragging their heels" 

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

I'm not expecting big news this weekend. If we are lucky we see 1 model from the army and perhaps some further teases of bits of other models in either model form; silhouette or concept art. Spring is still a good few months away and GW doesn't want to reveal all too early and have nothing left to show. That said they might have learned from Ossiarchs and might show off a bit more early on to get people more excited on exactly what the models DO look like rather than let imaginations run wild on their own for too long as people can go to some really odd places*

I'd be more surprised if we hear nothing about Seraphon, the next wave of Warcry models or even a release or two of the battlebox models from last year. Those things would be more appropriate to get released between now and Spring. 

Whilst Seraphon being last might hint they get more; it might also just be they are last and are getting the standard new book and not much else. Which in all fairness is still a very big and good thing! 

*eg the "Old World" game already has people going "Oh what if its warmaster" and suddenly you've 10 pages by the end of which some are "convinced" its going to be warmaster.....

22 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

Its january and we already got 2 books! I wouldnt call that "dragging their heels" 

We know pointy Alves are coming in spring which starts mid march. If there's no book between now and then then yes they are kinda dragging their heels. Didn't we have 4 or 5 books by March /April last year? 

Just would have been nice to have all old books redone before bringing new factions into (I know technically pointy Alves are not new). 

5 minutes ago, ageofpaddsmar said:

We know pointy Alves are coming in spring which starts mid march. If there's no book between now and then then yes they are kinda dragging their heels. Didn't we have 4 or 5 books by March /April last year? 

Just would have been nice to have all old books redone before bringing new factions into (I know technically pointy Alves are not new). 

We got on average 1 book a month. Some months nothing as we got a few double book months. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, HollowHills said:

What I want to see:

Dragon of some sort. 

Infantry unit similar to swordmasters. 

Maybe a nice wizard with high movement I could ally into idoneth. 

What I don't want:

Annoying scenery piece that is hard to transport. 

Models which break easily. 

Cool models with bad rules that never get played. 

This is the nature of playing an Elf faction in any game ever devised. 

4 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Well about the "full reveal", the Teclis and the LVO articles on WarCom seems to imply the reveal will be "Pointy AelveS", so there is hope ! ...

And about Lileath and the Haven : as pointed-out here by @3nondatur, GW said recently (in January 2019), when asked about it on Facebook, that "all was not revealed yet", pic related :

1054682979_LightAelfLileathPlan.png.f1f0f6985e90b15e692785a3ffaa7525.png

Don't...don't give me hope. I need my French tincan lads back!

• Sad 1

Okay, my bets are up:
->Pointy Elves: Almost full release, a rough Release Window teased, we will get the full Teclis model and maybe even the Cover Art for the Box.

->Seraphon: Book teased with Coverart and maybe even new models (ES/Terrain) if any are coming.

->Warcry: Flameboys will finally get revealed. Maybe a new book or Terrain Kit beside them

->40k: Is this even a 40k event? If yes, next PA Book Wave teased maybe? No new Models expected.

->LotR: Next wave of books and Made to Order Models announced.

8 minutes ago, Melcavuk said:

I'd wager a Seraphon vs Bonesplittas box to come, with the reintroduction of Seraphon being storyline pivotal on the build up to the Assault on Excelsis possibly with some Ghur focus for a bit. Would be a nice refresh for them and get a new hero out for the Bonesplittas

Or even just a plastic Wurrgog Prophet, Maniak Weirdnob or Savage Bigboss really. With they amount of movement a lot of the new sculpts have they could look phenomenal.

44 minutes ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

At this point I wonder if it might be Pointy Aelves vs. Seraphon in a dual box set.  Maybe what Teclis is doing upsets the grand plan or natural order and the Seraphon come in to fix it.

This would be good. But unless either of them become destruction factions it seems unlikely

17 hours ago, HollowHills said:

What I want to see:

Dragon of some sort. 

Infantry unit similar to swordmasters. 

Maybe a nice wizard with high movement I could ally into idoneth. 

What I don't want:

Annoying scenery piece that is hard to transport. 

Models which break easily. 

Cool models with bad rules that never get played

Can I also add the opposite. 
Uncool models with great rules that are every list even though nobody really wants to bring them. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

At this point I wonder if it might be Pointy Aelves vs. Seraphon in a dual box set.  Maybe what Teclis is doing upsets the grand plan or natural order and the Seraphon come in to fix it.

I'm actually starting to believe that seraphon will get squatted.

1 hour ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

I'd be very surprised by an Order vs Order box.

1 hour ago, Melcavuk said:

I'd wager a Seraphon vs Bonesplittas box to come, with the reintroduction of Seraphon being storyline pivotal on the build up to the Assault on Excelsis possibly with some Ghur focus for a bit. Would be a nice refresh for them and get a new hero out for the Bonesplittas

I could see that. Would redeem the lackluster warclans release for sure (no terrain/dice/spells/models)

Seraphon are safe - last year their christmas bundle box sold out first (or if not first then very near the front). And that's without a 2.0 battletome. I'm sure that their sales are healthy enough as is without GW needing to remove them. I mean heck its the only dinosaur faction in the entire franchise (even though GW keeps teasing us by mentioning Exodites at every turn in 40K whenever they talk about Eldar)

• Like 1

Just now, Kramer said:

sorry to say, unless you know how many were produced this information is meaningless.  💁‍♀️

True, but I'd wager GW would generally produce roughly balanced quantities of them when produced in a batch like that for Christmas. I agree the more spread out duel boxes do seem to have variation (eg Wrath and Rapture is still on sale and doesn't seem to be going anywhere). Also if they sold out it means that 100% of GWs investment was sold out in a very short span of time on an army that had no update rules.

To me that means its in a healthy position as far as GW's stocking levels are concerned.

2 minutes ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

I have to agree with Overread, they're the dinosaur faction.  A lot of younger people especially dig that.

I feel young again!!

Ok so I don't collect them, but only because I want Dinosaurs with lasers on their heads instead. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1