The Rumour Thread

6 minutes ago, Kirjava13 said:

I'm just putting this out there, but are we sure it's not some sort of Idoneth endless spell

100%, basically confirmed I'd say. I mean it does look a little like a fly fishing lure. you could hoof it towards an enemy, and thenas you reel it in they foolishly follow it to their doooooooooooom. bonus points for the GW background writer that slips in a 'casting' pun in the description too.

Edited by JPjr
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

sounds more like tongue-in-cheek joke about how fervent people get about rumor ideas

I understand it to be tounge in cheek but they have hid clues in plain sight before disguised as tounge in cheek or flippant comments

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Platypus said:

This is the first one in a long while that actually feels it could belong to Seraphon.

Those gems and dainty crescent shape scream elves to me. Seraphon have more of a blocky aesthetic to their headdresses. I do hope Seraphon get updated models this year, though. They deserve some better sculpts.

• Like 1

Just now, Juicy said:

Why do i have this feeling that aelves are going to get always strike first again..  take this feeling away from me please. Hated that in whfb. 

Well one, Matt is not writing for them anymore to make his armies OP and two the old speed of light spell changed from giving that to a Hysh realm spell that just teleports your unit close to an enemy.

So if anything Hysh Aelves will be zooming around the board to show off their speed.

As for the rumor engine. No clue.

Could be exotic head-dress for Aelves, steampunk Chamonians or Seraphon who all have exotic overtones for it and now thanks to the Deepkin jokes I could see it being a tail fin and the base is just jewelry the handlers gave it.

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

He could be seen as the fluid shifting nature of Chamon also caused him and possible fellow Chamonions to have more malleable forms. Similar to how Ghyran caused it's mortal sexes to seperate between the female continent of Virdea and male continents that only come together when the continents mate and produce new lands before they and the male and female mortals seperate again.

Until we see more realm-native human art it's a bit hard to tell just how far the magic make-up of everything controls even the mortal forms.
However I agree with your second point he's likely ceremonial and possible royalty.

On "warhammer art" context for the setting, the giant red magic crystal he has and the background of Chamon in the Corebook that comes before his pic can provide something though.

In Chamon most precious minerals are worthless because of how common the are to where there's seas of gold, Grungni in his time used this by evenly dividing the continents and making economies of plenty for all his followers. But after he left and when more powerful magical minerals and realm-stones were discovered they had a gold rush that warped the economy of equality Grungni had set-up. So then there was beggars with gold and royals with realmstone.

So the giant magic crystal marks him out as very wealthy nobility and why he appears ceremonial.

I would have guessed priest but who knows!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HollowHills said:

One day you'll see. 

I'll get my endless spells and who'll be laughing then? 

Your little "meme" will be over and the time of the d3 mortal wounds 18 inch effective range generic fish spell will be nigh. 

But when the time of the idk comes, you are already into pointy aelfs