The Rumour Thread

4 hours ago, alghero81 said:

Isn’t that the most annoying thing ever? I mean they just printed a book with the rules of those war bands and now they add more... have to be honest I totally disagree with this move. I have a Nighthaunt army fully painted, I have the cards original and the Tome of champions 2019 and now I have to buy a new box of push fit or left overs Soul Wars box minies I have no interests in for one card?? And no other official way to get the stats of that card?

I completely agree! It's not a good way of going about it. 

There were not a lot of hints for potential future stuff in the KO book that I could find, but there were multiple mentions of Grotbag Scuttlers (naturally) and the description of the age of myth indicates that were actual golems in ancient Chamon "for a time, the clans of duardin, men and gholemkind that dwelt in the heartlands of Chamon did indeed thrive."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dawnmane said:

I completely agree! It's not a good way of going about it. 

Agreed. I also don't see why they aren't releasing all the warbands noted in the tome of champions. Do we have any idea when the rest will be released or do we think the others might get this mini warband sort of box?

I'd be very surprised if most/all of the remaining warbands aren't released next week. Remember, they're only putting up the one new monster up this week along with Spire Tyrants, it makes perfect sense that wave two will be the two remaining monsters, more card packs and probably more of the warband reboxes.

If we look at the remaining Warbands from last year, they did 3 reboxes, leaving Deepkin, DoK, Ironjawz, Bonesplittas, Legions, and FEC. Out of those, I don't think Bonesplittas will get a rebox, since you've already got the warband in a box with their infantry kit and I don't think they would add boars. FEC and Legions boxes are probably unlikely for similar reasons, though Legions is a maybe. 

Looking at the 3 reboxes we have, they all look like basically two kits or 1.5 kits, so with that in mind, I could definitely see DoK combining 2 out of the Witch Aelf/Khinerai/Melusai boxes, or an Ironjawz Ardboy/Brute box. Neither of them have any real new units to add in though.

LVO is coming up and I'm keeping my expectations low. Last year they announced a few things that would happen that year. Like battletomes for every grand alliance,  the new game Warcry and Forbidden power. So I guess this year we'll also get a glimpse of what we can expect this year.  allthough we already know about the chaos versus death book with siege rules.

Last year they also announced the battlesisters bulletin as a regular feature and showed a new Underworlds warband. I guess a new warband could be shown this year too. 

Finally they teased the new Abaddon model. I would love to see a tease of an actual pointy elf model. I would very much like to see something of their core troops. The teclis teaser was awesome, but for me the core troops of an army are more important than one special chatacter.

• Like 1

LVO predictions, lets see...

For Pointy Aelves, I think we'll definitely see Teclis and some other models, maybe just an initial battlebox if they are going the same route as OBR/SoB.

For Underworlds, they'll probably reveal the Nurgle Warband, pictures are already making the rounds.

Probably nothing new for Warcry since it's in the middle of a release wave.

More information on the Chaos/Death Supplement and maybe a teaser for whatever the next campaign release is.

40k, *shrug*

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, elfhead said:

LVO is coming up and I'm keeping my expectations low. Last year they announced a few things that would happen that year. Like battletomes for every grand alliance,  the new game Warcry and Forbidden power. So I guess this year we'll also get a glimpse of what we can expect this year.  allthough we already know about the chaos versus death book with siege rules.

Last year they also announced the battlesisters bulletin as a regular feature and showed a new Underworlds warband. I guess a new warband could be shown this year too. 

Finally they teased the new Abaddon model. I would love to see a tease of an actual pointy elf model. I would very much like to see something of their core troops. The teclis teaser was awesome, but for me the core troops of an army are more important than one special chatacter.

They’ve said they’re at least showing the Teclis model at LVO. I think we’ll see more than just him from the army. 

Edited by Still-young

52 minutes ago, elfhead said:

LVO is coming up and I'm keeping my expectations low. Last year they announced a few things that would happen that year. Like battletomes for every grand alliance,  the new game Warcry and Forbidden power.

Looking back, I feel they were quite conservative with their announcements. Who would have thought at that point that by the end of the year we would have battletomes for almost all armies, plus some completely new armies?

Just now, madmac said:

There were not a lot of hints for potential future stuff in the KO book that I could find, but there were multiple mentions of Grotbag Scuttlers (naturally) and the description of the age of myth indicates that were actual golems in ancient Chamon "for a time, the clans of duardin, men and gholemkind that dwelt in the heartlands of Chamon did indeed thrive."

Oh man, if they actually give us a Realm of Metal "Empire" to go along with the story of how Order's making significant footholds there instead of a Greywater Fastness Freeguild i'd lose my mind.

It would account for the steampunk elements hinted but with the corebook there's Warcry mixable races they can put in like Cogmen and Gholemkin from the corebook, all kinds of mechanized creatures as well as the giant lizard mounts used by crossbowmen from "Red Hour" that have steel gums to eat metal,  they can revamp the duardin and aelven units into using more tech and bigger armor and we could finally see one of the new realm humans they've been showing off in the corebook and white dwarfs become models which i'd love to see the designs expanded on.

Chamon.webp

I won't be able to throw my wallet at them fast enough. :D

• LOVE IT! 3

6 hours ago, Overread said:

Seraphon might also make an appearance as well. 

A few pages back there was a long discussion about lore and whether they are remembered or spawned or a bit of both. I'd love to see the remembering put into practice on a super powerful Slan. When it takes wounds it gets bracketed like a monster but instead of having less attacks or damage it forgets and a unit(s) in the army lose models that were forgotten. 

Edited by Laststand
Typo
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Oh man, if they actually give us a Realm of Metal "Empire" to go along with the story of how Order's making significant footholds there instead of a Greywater Fastness Freeguild i'd lose my mind.

It would account for the steampunk elements hinted but with the corebook there's Warcry mixable races they can put in like Cogmen and Gholemkin from the corebook, all kinds of mechanized creatures as well as the giant lizard mounts used by crossbowmen from "Red Hour" that have steel gums to eat metal,  they can revamp the duardin and aelven units into using more tech and bigger armor and we could finally see one of the new realm humans they've been showing off in the corebook and white dwarfs become models which i'd love to see the designs expanded on.

Chamon.webp

If this dude is from chamon the iron in his food has seriously grown his neck 😂

Great artwork though. Where is it from?

• Like 1

Oh definitely,  they lost their forge kingdoms after the Realmgate wars and Order took back most of Aqshy's heartlands but the Furnace kings coming back for another big chaos offensive and rebuilding their dreadholds and chaos forges would make a great faction release (plus more scenery and siege terrain :D ).

Just now, Kramer said:

If this dude is from chamon the iron in his food has seriously grown his neck 😂

Great artwork though. Where is it from?

Haha, honestly wouldn't be surprised. Even the meat in Chamon has metal pits in it that people have to spit out.

The art is from the AoS corebook(plus last years white dwarfs for each realm overview). Every realm section describing them in the book starts with a human from that realm. Basically take that realm's concept, turn it into clothes and accesories cranked up to twelve and you got them.

Huge reason why I'm looking forward to an actual human release. These designs are wild and would be fantastic immersion for playing in the Mortal Realms.

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Baron Klatz said:

Chamon.webp

If that's a design cue, my wallet is safe, sitting down may pull the dudes' head from his spine, as would lifting his arms. I thought Stormcast had silly shoulder plates...

• Haha 2

There examples of this sort of longer neck (along with their respective jewelry/neck and or headgear)  in the real world.

Look up neck rings. They don't make the neck longer just lower the clavicle. but then this can be taken to the nth degree because this is fantasy. 

Edited by Ryan Taylor
  • Like 1

Yeah, I feel it's an exotic choice. Chamon's all about the surreal. Like right next to his picture in the white dwarf version it goes to talk about how that realm is much more fluid than the others in it's make-up and eldritch to where looking at the constantly forming edges can lead one to madness.

With how they go in about the strange alchemical properties of Chamon and it's metals I wouldn't be surprised if his metal clothes bend easily but harden on impacts as well making that more comfortable than it appears.

That's a neat thing about Chamon, you'd think "metal" means solid and rigid like how most genres portray an earth element but instead they went for more a water element with the realm always shifting and changing emphasizing it's alchemy side.(and why Tzeentch desires it)

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Ryan Taylor said:

There examples of this sort of longer neck (along with their respective jewelry/neck and or headgear)  in the real world.

Look up neck rings. They don't make the neck longer just lower the clavicle. but then this can be taken to the nth degree because this is fantasy. 

This seems a solid structure away from the neck. Either the metal thing on his jaw is not under the jaw (making it awkward to speak, eat or drink because it doesn't move out of the way), or the metal thing is under the jaw, and everything is a nuisance.

8 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Yeah, I feel it's an exotic choice. Chamon's all about the surreal. Like right next to his picture in the white dwarf version it goes to talk about how that realm is much more fluid than the others in it's make-up and eldritch to where looking at the constantly forming edges can lead one to madness.

With how they go in about the strange alchemical properties of Chamon and it's metals I wouldn't be surprised if his metal clothes bend easily but harden on impacts as well making that more comfortable than it appears.

That's a neat thing about Chamon, you'd think "metal" means solid and rigid like how most genres portray an earth element but instead they went for more a water element with the realm always shifting and changing emphasizing it's alchemy side.(and why Tzeentch desires it)

Okay, so just say *magic* and everything must be taken seriously. That does not appeal to me.

Well a realm of magic metals, made up of thousands of floating continents, trees /animals that are metal hybrids and usually exotic natives like Chamon desert dwellers in light-metal garbs, oriental mountain-folk making metallic tapestries from crushed jade and silver thread or the native tribes seen in "Red Hour" who have actual-gold tattoos because precious minerals are everywhere to where even the Lantic Empire made solid gold roads to all it's fortresses there.

If you don't like fantastical or over-the-top then the realm of metal isn't for you. xD

340?cb=20170717012553

Soulbound-Art-Cubicle-7-750x1016.jpg

But hey, that leaves 7 other realms for you so you'll likely find something better to your tastes elsewhere. ;)

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 2

Eh, I'm all in on the really high fantasy elements of AoS, but I still consider that particular design to much.

It's just that mixture of blatant disregard for anatomic limits and that there is not a single cue to how anything going on with that guy actually comes down to the magical nature of the realms. I can still accept it as an example of ceremonial garb that is rarely donned and highliy unpleasant to wear, quite possibly tying in with the theme of self flaggelation so common in Warhammer. But that is an explanation I, as a viewer, have to provide for myself, since neither the actual image nor the settings lore contain any contextualisation for this particular case of the impropable. Even a high magic setting should contain such contextualisation and imo, Warhammer and associated art usually does, which is why I consider this particular something of a design fail, high magic setting or not.

Pitty too, with a bit more thought put into it I could see it could have been a sort of arcane equivalent to servo armor or an exoskeleton, holding up the wearer instead of the other way around. Now that would have been high magic.

Edited by Rogue Explorator

Just now, Rogue Explorator said:

that there is not a single cue to how anything going on with that guy actually comes down to the magical nature of the realms.

He could be seen as the fluid shifting nature of Chamon also caused him and possible fellow Chamonions to have more malleable forms. Similar to how Ghyran caused it's mortal sexes to seperate between the female continent of Virdea and male continents that only come together when the continents mate and produce new lands before they and the male and female mortals seperate again.

Until we see more realm-native human art it's a bit hard to tell just how far the magic make-up of everything controls even the mortal forms.
However I agree with your second point he's likely ceremonial and possible royalty.

On "warhammer art" context for the setting, the giant red magic crystal he has and the background of Chamon in the Corebook that comes before his pic can provide something though.

In Chamon most precious minerals are worthless because of how common the are to where there's seas of gold, Grungni in his time used this by evenly dividing the continents and making economies of plenty for all his followers. But after he left and when more powerful magical minerals and realm-stones were discovered they had a gold rush that warped the economy of equality Grungni had set-up. So then there was beggars with gold and royals with realmstone.

So the giant magic crystal marks him out as very wealthy nobility and why he appears ceremonial.

Edited by Baron Klatz

The Warcry warbands are a pretty good indicator that humans are not all that different across the realms. These chaos influenced cults should also be some of the more heavily influenced, so a "regular" uncorrupted freeguild human for example would most likely not be physically too different, other than being more pale in the realm of shadows or leaner/larger with bigger canine teeth from Ghur.

I do hope for a reimagined "empire" at some point. It has some charm the freeguild can be anything in the fluff, but at some point real new miniatures would be nice, hopefully with some kits allowing great kitcashes and conversions.

• Like 4