The Rumour Thread

It's to each their own. Writers go back and forth on these things but even if follow none of them it's still clear they're making a good balance between the cosmic and grounded elements of the setting Just like Ogors got their regular stuff along with Thunderbellies living up in lightning-torn floating continents they ride down on foes from while flinging around alchemy magic they mastered.

So we probably will get some cold bloods as per the "evolving memories" plotline they established in the beginning but as it is with AoS they'll leave a realm's worth of elbow room for all narratives,  blood or daemon. ;)

45500-50b7dfba2cd4331d4caff4ef654a2a55.j

Edit: To put us back on track I'm looking forward to the terrain. Nice representation of the fallen Order empires the Eight-points once was and claimed by chaos and wilderness.

"Of course, all of these warbands will need somewhere to fight! The Ravaged Lands: Souldrain Forest takes your battles into the woodlands around the Varanspire, providing you with new challenges and thematic terrain."

62933ba2-846x846.jpg

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 8

4 minutes ago, Icegoat said:

Well if ever we needed proof of the city of sigmar great squat that is coming those watery cards pretty much confirm the faction as stone dead. Every army covered but cities of sigmar. What a true tragedy for the hobby and the game.

Several of the warbands from Tome of Champions don't have cards coming in this wave.  I hope they'll come out with the Scions of the Flame warband, and I hope soon!

5 minutes ago, Icegoat said:

Well if ever we needed proof of the city of sigmar great squat that is coming those watery cards pretty much confirm the faction as stone dead. Every army covered but cities of sigmar. What a true tragedy for the hobby and the game.

Based on the cards Nurgle and Slaanesh are also going to be removed. 

Or perhaps you just need some CoS support and therapy...

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

41 minutes ago, Icegoat said:

I'm sorry that all you seem to see is the worst possible out come for the game with everything that the designers post.  Since GW seems to be out to offend you personally, have you ever thought of looking up different tabletop games?  I can not imagine wanting to spend time on something that upset me as much as AOS seems to upset you.

Edited by Koradrel of Chrace
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 2

If CoS do get cards (lorewise I could understand not just because the Varanspire is a suicide mission for them) i'd wonder at the lore and force for it?

I see 2 possible forces:

Anvilgard:

It's dour soldiers, pirates and raiders emboldened by the possibility of joining the dead-to-life ranks of the Anvil Stormhost, they're a scouting force in support of the Vanguard with demigryphs, spearmen and privateer corsairs that goes behind enemy lines to see Archaon's movements with the possibility of catching mighty beasts from the Spire to bring home and profit/train for defense.

Greywater:

The formidable war-machines of the Ironweld called to action and the Stonebreaker Battalion freeguild assembled of skilled duardin experienced in destroying chaos bulwarks, they make a powerful assault to try and disrupt the realmgates the All-gates war was unable too. Suicide mission? Perhaps but the Architect genius of Greywater waved away all doubt with the correct paperwork even if it could weaken Order's defenses abroad...

Just now, Zamik said:

I hope they'll come out with the Scions of the Flame warband, and I hope soon!

Oh please yes! :D

Edited by Baron Klatz

It is true that COS doesn't get mentioned in the Tome of Champions though, all other have I believe.

A band of devoted of Sigmar can do that, just like in Mordheim, warrior priests, witch hunter, zealous  flagellants etc. However that will require new models

Edited by Whitefang
  • LOVE IT! 1

Then it's likely they won't be.

Understandable though, not having the divine blessings in their blood or aether-tight sealed armor of the other Order factions it would be asking soldiers to charge into an overwhelming chaos world where the air would mutate them.

Looks like proxy work then.

Kharadron = Ironweld

Vanguard = Anvilgard

Fyreslayers = Phoenicium (ironically enough)

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Icegoat said:

Cities of sigmar is a large faction and warcry cards only fit like 8 different units per card. If they were to handpick favourites and release them in warcry it would likely create an outrage with dissapointed fans because fanfavourite unit X didnt make the cut but unit Y did. 

Also a reliable source mentioned a steam punk kind of empire release being worked on. I would assume for the image of warcry GW would prefer those units to represent the cities rather than the current outdated ones.

I don't know why, but it tends to feel like you are trying to dump negative opinions/views as if they are proof or fact to get people riled up? I may be mistaken of course.

Maybe you are dealing with issues in real life and its a spillover effect, but just relax! 😃 If anything, AOS is just a game, nothing to get so worked up about.

On top of that, cities of sigmar is a relatively new side project GW completed in a very short time. If I am not mistaken GW had a fan design the whole book for them? Somebody please correct me if I am wrong. 

Either way, the entire tome is a passion project and may not have been considered or worked into other projects since most the stuff we see is being produced waaay ahead of their release schedule.

If COS were to be in warcry the window between the start of the COS tome and the next warcry release may have been too short to be worthwhile for GW.

Edited by Kugane
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Whitefang said:

I think you make a mistake

THE OLD ONES is different from the Cthulhu-like old ones which are bested by Sigmar and his friends.

Besides, there is a very heavy mentioning of The Old Ones in the tome of champions, while in the first seraphon battletome there is zero

Just like what they add into the second Fyreslayer and Syvalneth battletome (other dwarven gods & Kurnoth/Kurnous), The Old Ones will likely be the extra stuff for Serahon this time.

image.png.1e0d4c4c726e9dfd16482b7a14bb6e2b.png

We don't really know if they are different entities though.

There's a point. Dracothion is worshipped by the Seraphon and is a primordial God-beast thus making it an "Old One" in this case. (and they did retcon the pox brothers to be from the Mortal Realms instead of Norsca so a similar one to make Old Ones God-beasts "all along" that seed worlds isn't beyond possibility especially if they keep pushing that Dracothion was Sotek)

However I think they do mean Whitewolf's version.

Or maybe they'll leave it completely vague while semi-combining the two versions so we can keep butting our heads and bringing up interest for them because Whitewolf was right that Old Ones are actually GW. xD

Edited by Baron Klatz

Just now, Zamik said:

I'm interested in that SCE Vanguard box,

Oh 100% same. I hope it leads up to some choice Warcry art in the future. I absolutely loved their Shadespire one.

tze-kun-chin-stromcastrangers.jpg?152849

Just now, Kugane said:

Also a reliable source mentioned a steam punk kind of empire release being worked on. I would assume for the image of warcry GW would prefer those units to represent the cities rather than the current outdated ones.

Oh fingers crossed. There's so much potential there and from what they can pull out of the Greywater lore.

Imagine a mini-Cogfort centerpiece! :D

Just now, Kugane said:

On top of that, cities of sigmar is a relatively new side project GW completed in a very short time. If I am not mistaken GW had a fan design the whole book for them? Somebody please correct me if I am wrong. 

I am VERY interested in that too if it's the case.

I bet it's our good friend Bottles who was behind Hinterlands AoS skirmishs before he got hired by GW post-2016 and now works on Warcry.  :)

A true AoS MVP.

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

I bet it's our good friend Bottles who was behind Hinterlands AoS skirmishs before she got hired by GW post-2016 and now works on Warcry.  :)

A true AoS MVP.

It was him and a great job he did with it. He’s worked on quite a few things now and is a nice guy in person.

1 hour ago, Icegoat said:

I doubt that’s going to happen and I suspect we will see something for one of the great cities next annual they do

+++ Mod Hat On +++
Also can I ask you to be mindful about your posts. I’ve been checking you last few and they are generally negative or designed to get a reaction out of people. This is not the behaviour we want on this forum. Please refrain from acting like this

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

18 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Those Spire Tyrants look really amazing - and they include not only a beastman but, by Hashut's brass sirloin steak, a non-FW Chaos Duardin! Really nice sculpts, I enjoy the unique look the Warcry Warbands have.

The Iron Golem also has one, with beard armour.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

5 hours ago, HollowHills said:

There are cthulhu old ones in aos? 

Minor spoiler but a certain book has a part where the character sees into the ethereal. Another explains there are bigger beings out there that would make chaos gods look silly. Kinda implied their were boogie men out there floating in between realms.

Shadespire is the book for those who care.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheMuphinMan said:

so anyone else notice that the warcry start collecting for gloomspite has snufflers in it but snuffers don't have rules for warcry iirc? are they adding more units to warbands?

Yeah they’re adding them in but the rules are only in that box. It says so in the article.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, TheMuphinMan said:

so anyone else notice that the warcry start collecting for gloomspite has snufflers in it but snuffers don't have rules for warcry iirc? are they adding more units to warbands?

Yep, currently for Nighthaunt and Gloomspite there will be at least one new fighter we can use in warbands, my guess is that other warbands might also get a new fighter as well but that said I don't think all of them will. It'll be interesting to see if we need to buy the new boxes for these new fighter cards or if they'll make them available online in the same way warscrolls are but who knows.

47 minutes ago, Dawnmane said:

Yeah they’re adding them in but the rules are only in that box. It says so in the article.

Isn’t that the most annoying thing ever? I mean they just printed a book with the rules of those war bands and now they add more... have to be honest I totally disagree with this move. I have a Nighthaunt army fully painted, I have the cards original and the Tome of champions 2019 and now I have to buy a new box of push fit or left overs Soul Wars box minies I have no interests in for one card?? And no other official way to get the stats of that card?

• Like 1