The Rumour Thread

13 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Not to mention the silver tower novel that features the saih. 🤷‍♀️

games workshop has zero problem changing “canon”, I don’t see them hesitating an instant over one model. The Mistweaver has elements that looks surprisingly similar to the silhouette preview and the pile of unidentified rumor mill model photos to be pure coincidence. No the Mistweaver may not be from Hysh, but that doesn’t mean it’s style wasn’t an inspiration for the new model line

They wouldn't have to change anything. That was near 500 years ago and in a very tumultuous age where afterwards gods returned, civilizations arose and new races appeared.

The have limitless elbow room to write that after her passing she and her order were Light worshippers in Ulgu who sought the Tower's wish to bring light to their realm but were martyr'd by Malerion and that inspired Teclis for his new race or virtually anything along those lines.

26 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

From the new Tzeentch book, roll on Gordrakk vs Excelsis supplement after Wrath of the Everchosen...

1161045067_excelsisfalling.jpg.c0717a7198fac6a32b783643f678b4d5.jpg

Excelsis would have a good change of surviving if the new Orruk Battletome wouldn't be as overpowered as it is xD

Edit: This might explain why Excelsis is not part of the Cities of Sigmar 

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Sad 3

18 hours ago, PaniuBraniu said:

The January White Dwarf contains a family picture of the upcoming Nurgle Warband:

82804076_788206218348255_885544435922763

These guys are perfect! I almost never use the war bands as a single unit, more as stand ins for the various units they come from. It looks like I either have two blight kings and a Nurgle sorceress, or one blight king, a lord of plague, and a Nurgle sorceress!

2 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

From the new Tzeentch book, roll on Gordrakk vs Excelsis supplement after Wrath of the Everchosen...

Between Forbidden Power, that Hammergrod short story, the Cities of Sigmar and Orruk Warclans books, and now this, the "Fall Of Excelsis*" supplement is 100% confirmed. 

*I hope the city itself survives though !

• Like 3

Wouldn't it be sweet if "Fall of Excelsis" were to give us rules to play Excelsis as one of the Cities of Sigmar.  I'm still bummed out that Lethis never got a white dwarf article or anyting to bring it into line with CoS just a bit.

Imagine, "1 in 4 units can be Idoneth Deepkin".  You could keep most of the other abilities, keep the prayer lore and all that.  It could be so awesome!

Edited by willange
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, willange said:

Wouldn't it be sweet if "Fall of Excelsis" were to give us rules to play Excelsis as one of the Cities of Sigmar.  I'm still bummed out that Lethis never got a white dwarf article or anyting to bring it into line with CoS just a bit.

Imagine, "1 in 4 units can be Idoneth Deepkin".  You could keep most of the other abilities, keep the prayer lore and all that.  It could be so awesome!

Just speculating, but lets go another direction... What if the Fall of Excelsis is a boxed set/supplement that brings Siege warfare to AOS? AND that’s where the giant(s) come in, as part of some sort of perhaps mercenary siege force? Also gives room for the gorddaak ram?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

Just speculating, but lets go another direction... What if the Fall of Excelsis is a boxed set/supplement that brings Siege warfare to AOS? AND that’s where the giant(s) come in, as part of some sort of perhaps mercenary siege force? Also gives room for the gorddaak ram?

Maybe GW could go in a direction it's never gone and keep Excelsis at a minute to midnight for the next 20 years where it's always underthreat in the lore, but nothing really changes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

5 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Between Forbidden Power, that Hammergrod short story, the Cities of Sigmar and Orruk Warclans books, and now this, the "Fall Of Excelsis*" supplement is 100% confirmed. 

*I hope the city itself survives though !

Out of interest, the events of that excerpt are the subject of the novella "City of Secrets" which is a couple of years old.

9 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

This is the plot

Spoiler

of first Callis and Toll plot right? Or city of secrets. It's this one 😂

Hidden it but it's not a new narrative :)

Edited by Kramer

That'd be excellent! Gargant sieges too but at least the campaign book promised sieges already. ;)

I'm torn on Excelsis because it is one of my favorite cities with a great set-up while the Excelsiors are great hatesinks that get the job done.

It getting destroyed would stink but at the same time it'd make a more fluid element to the setting that shows nothing's plot-armored safe which i'd like too and fits with the progressive plots GW is slowly changing to.

I think the best call would be a global campaign for the cities of Ghur. Seeds of Destruction. See if they can survive or be destroyed and a new Ghur map released to reflect the setting change.  (and ideally the destroyed city inhabitants relocate elsewhere for a future "win back our lands" plot)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

That'd be excellent! Gargant sieges too but at least the campaign book promised sieges already. ;)

I'm torn on Excelsis because it is one of my favorite cities with a great set-up while the Excelsiors are great hatesinks that get the job done.

It getting destroyed would stink but at the same time it'd make a more fluid element to the setting that shows nothing's plot-armored safe which i'd like too and fits with the progressive plots GW is slowly changing to.

I think the best call would be a global campaign for the cities of Ghur. Seeds of Destruction. See if they can survive or be destroyed and a new Ghur map released to reflect the setting change.  (and ideally the destroyed city inhabitants relocate elsewhere for a future "win back our lands" plot)

Arent gargant siege tactics just high jumping or pole(tree) vaulting?

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Pagan said:

Out of interest, the events of that excerpt are the subject of the novella "City of Secrets" which is a couple of years old.

The first three paragraphs, yeah, but I am talking about the last one - which refer to the current Storyline of Gordrakk going to Excelsis with siege engines (with a Godbeast skull mounted on one).

21 hours ago, bsharitt said:

Maybe GW could go in a direction it's never gone and keep Excelsis at a minute to midnight for the next 20 years where it's always underthreat in the lore, but nothing really changes.

They could run a world campaign where the results decide if excelsis fall or not

• Like 1