The Rumour Thread

37 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

There's no orruks yet in Beastgrave. Did you mean the Brayherd? I can't see it there either.

Are you just guessing for a future warband? I'll agree Bonesplitterz would be nice but that design doesn't really suit them.

Various bits of card art have  revealed every unannounced warband that's coming - which includes an Orruk one (also Nurgle and Daughters of Khaine).

31 minutes ago, robinlvalentine said:

Various bits of card art have  revealed every unannounced warband that's coming - which includes an Orruk one (also Nurgle and Daughters of Khaine).

Interesting! I am looking forward what they do with the DoK. Hoping for some new exciting miniatures, if what we`ve seen so far is anything to go by :)

23 minutes ago, PaniuBraniu said:

5360.png

Oh it will be so nice to get a bit of variety for Ironjawz, hopefully the Beastgrave unit warscroll is more special than  just 3-4 generic brutes.  Perhaps a new warchanter with two bodyguards? There is another card with a Brute wearing a skull mask out there. Here’s hoping

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

Oh it will be so nice to get a bit of variety for Ironjawz, hopefully the Beastgrave unit warscroll is more special than  just 3-4 generic brutes.  Perhaps a new warchanter with two bodyguards? There is another card with a Brute wearing a skull mask out there. Here’s hoping

Based on the art it seems like it might even be a mix of Ironjawz and Bonesplittaz 

4 minutes ago, robinlvalentine said:

Based on the art it seems like it might even be a mix of Ironjawz and Bonesplittaz 

I still think it’s all ironjawz though, that skull mask in the art is identical to one of the skull shoulder deco bits from the brute kit, but hey I’m not picky. Ill take a orruk warclans warband with a new wardokk, And a combination of IJ brutes, and savage orruks , sounds good to me.

• Like 2

No, they've changed their release strategy with Beastgrave to much more of a slow roll. With the first two seasons we had confirmation of what the warbands were (box art, basically) very early and they would be released two warbands at a time finishing up around april/may.

With Beastgrave they've been only revealing one new warband at a time (aside from what we can glean from cards) and are staggering them out more to one warband every couple of months.

• Sad 2

18 hours ago, MitGas said:

Regarding losing all the fun with your army if the rules are bad - I played Thousand Sons even when they were pretty much the worst possible thing to play in 40k. Obviously as a loyal follower of Tzeentch there was no other option but to play with a bad army but did it kill my joy and appreciation for my dustboys? Hell nah. Yeah, I played less but in the end (mostly because of uni/work and I worked on some Thousand Sons stuff for dawn of war) but still, I loved them just as much when I lost way more.

I think it's the wrong hobby if you lose fun because your army sucks. If the models are great, then much can be forgiven. That said, I wish for all armies to get to a point where no army is an auto-win or auto-lose. That clearly has to be the goal.

I don´t belive it is so easy to say. There are a lot of different players out there, who have all different expectations and a different level of comitment. Not everyone is as strong as you and many people easily loose motivation when they get negative feedback from a game experience.

I know players who really don´t care if their models are painted but who play for the sake of the game, with models beeing just a bit more expensive boardgame figures and seeing warhammer as the boardgame counterpart to a trading card game like magic. Thoose people tend to play rather to win, not WAAC but nevertheless picking often units for the sake of rules and viability, as they seek the trill of the competetvie aspect of the game.

I know players from the other half of the spectrum, who really put effort into their army, who willingly pick the weaker models and units as they simply love the design or story behind it. From my experience, thus are also players who put more value on painting their models, writing some background, reading lore and who desire to simply enjoy the hobby without any pressure.

This is not a categorisation but rather a wide spectrum, with all kind of hobbyists being somewhere more on the A side or B side of this. A lot of issues I noted occur, when people have too different expectations. Imagine a player, who put hours into painting and converting his army, beeing able to only make few games in his free time and therefore beeing somehow tied to picking up the next game if possible. Now imagine such a player in a game with someone, who plays his new army which is fully competetive grey plastic. That doesn´t have to be an issue on it´s own, but now imagine the grey player to talk to his opponent and asks things like why he picked this army as it is weak. Or why he doesn´t play hero XY as it is a must have in the meta of this army. From my experience this can turn quite fast into a situation that sounds almost insultive: "You made an mistake with your army configuration. You are loosing because you did something bad". This really doesn´t feel good and stops the excitement of someone who really did nothing bad beside enjoying the hobby the way he wanted to. And the powercreep and power discrepancy between books makes this issue even worse. Also, as weird as this sounds, loosing with an army in which you put love into every single brushstroke against something a players just glued in a hurry just to have his army ready to put them somehow on the table, always hurts a bit more and feels unfair. Yes, noone shall deserve a better game because they painted their models well, but nevertheless a lot of people receive it as a sign of respect playing against painted models.

But don´t get me wrong, this can occur the other way around, too. Like players beeing called out for beeing a bad painter or putting not enough work into their models, althrough they really want only to play the game and don´t care much for the modeling or painting side of the game.  Typical "models have to be painted" restrictions on tournaments are often an example, which always seems irrational to me as I expect more of thoose rule focused people to go to tournaments

In the end, things break down to how we handle other people and if we are cool towards others. We have to look out for players which share a fascination on the same aspects of the game as we do. It is really worth the time to find a player with a similar view and expectation from the hobby.

~~~

Well, enough offtopic:
The newest rumour engine seems interesting as it isn´t something I would´ve expected to see in a while. Gotreks Ram seems like the easiest way to assign this bit to something we know, on the other side this would be an awesome shield for a heavy armoured gargant. Destruction is currently the thinnest GA with only 3 subfactions and I really really belive that we can expect something new here. This, together with the Gargant rumours, makes me belive that we may see some GA Destruction news this year. Meanwhile I would love to see @Whitefang comment on our guesses and if anyone of us is atleast close with his/her speculations.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

People are on the fence if the Silver Tower mistweaver is Ulgu or Hysh since her armor has Teclis and Tyrion symbols but if she is then she uses some mighty twisted magic that drives enemy's so mad they claw their own faces off.

"the Mistweaver Saih is a sinister figure hailing from the Realm of Shadow."-https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NL/mistweaver-saih

I don't see how there can be people on the fence

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

@cyrus

Thought there was art depicting one with a topknot? 🤔

However my bet is 2 brutes and a Warchanter.

Edit: i see the topknot on Mr. Two swords there...

The Grymwatch deck also has a bunch of cards showing brutes and they pretty consistently have the topknot dude with two swords and the two maces dude. So far though the skull-masked guy doesn't seem to have appeared obviously elsewhere.

Unless that's him on this card, which looks like a dude with a flail, some sort of tusked half-face helm/mask. Could be a fourth guy. Unlike the other brutes, there's not really a bunch of cards which show this consistent design, leaving us a little in the dark.

20191003_175600.jpg?w=370&h=

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

The Grymwatch deck also has a bunch of cards showing brutes and they pretty consistently have the topknot dude with two swords and the two maces dude. So far though the skull-masked guy doesn't seem to have appeared obviously elsewhere.

Unless that's him on this card, which looks like a dude with a flail, some sort of tusked half-face helm/mask. Could be a fourth guy. Unlike the other brutes, there's not really a bunch of cards which show this consistent design, leaving us a little in the dark.

There is one more card of the naked bad green musk guy 

74534336_2677521839031805_64119741263345

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PaniuBraniu said:

The January White Dwarf contains a family picture of the upcoming Nurgle Warband:

82804076_788206218348255_885544435922763

Kinda miffed... I was hoping for some completely new sculpts to use as characters in my Maggotkin army, these look very similar to the present Blight Kings. Oh well, I'll wait until the model photos come out to judge them. Probably will get them anyway. ;) 

• Like 1

Just now, Turin Turambar said:

"the Mistweaver Saih is a sinister figure hailing from the Realm of Shadow."-https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NL/mistweaver-saih

I don't see how there can be people on the fence

Easy, we weren't smart enough to look at her description while debating her armor having symbols to the light gods. xD

Thanks for that.

Just now, PaniuBraniu said:

5360.png

Thanks, I never accounted for card art giving possible hints. That does look identical.

Just now, Myrdin said:

So Iron bones or Jawz Splitters eh ? :D

Those would make good Ironjawz clans in Chamon and Shyish.

Ironbonez having literally just that and Jawsplitterz being obsessed with collecting deathrattle jaws to listen to their secrets the same way Ironjawz honor the spirits of their rivals heads and talk to them. :D

• Like 2