The Rumour Thread

12 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

What else can they put in destruction?

Since the whole Vaults arc there are a lot of stories about intelligent (Hysh maybe) Gargants that worked with Sigmar and in some stories sacrificed themselves for his cause. So that could have been the set up. But with banding all destructions factions into three books, you idea does seem more likely. Even if to fill it out a bit.

My personal thought is: what about a sequence of (named) characters? After Seraphon completes the complete update for AoS 2, of course. But Ogors for example has no named character yet. The oversized gutplate could be an Overtyrant. In one of the stories an overlord keeps growing by eating Life stones from Ghyran. Would help to flesh them out a bit. A faction without named characters feels a bit... unfinished to me. So a Boneripper one, Human, Dispossessed, Fyreslayer, Cities elf, Vampire. And probably much more that I can't think of right now. 
And there are more rumour engines that could lead to one. It would give factions that havent had a model update something more. 

• Like 2

Plus Destruction is good for God-beast inclusion since both Gorkamorka and them like to smash civilizations for their personal gain/pleasure.

Just now, Aelfric said:

Is it possible that the  rumour shield is bing carried by a giant Orruk - after all Orruks just keep getting larger and there doesn't seem to be a limit to it.  Gordrakk would prefer to use gigantic Orruks rather than Gargants.

An all new race of Megajawz would be insanely awesome. :o

The modeling potential alone of a giant race of spore grown warriors would be crazy, Aqshy megajawz with volcanoes on their backs and Hysh ones with obelisks of shining crystals that coat it's spine. Glorious.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kugane said:

A lot of ogor stuff is suddenly out of stock on the site. A new set coming?

More likely GW just had a stock shortage. Don't forget if you're overseas from the UK, chances are your stock is brought in in waves so GW can't suddenly shift production to meet a short term shortfall in stock. Instead it has to come over in bulk and those bulk orders might well have a lag-time for them to react to sales. I believe one big thing GW has been doing over the last few years is to not only aim toward increasing domestic production (new Nottingham Factory) but also to increase their warehousing both at home and abroad in select regions. Meaning that they can, in theory, ship bigger bulk orders overseas which means reduced chances of falling out of stock

• Like 1

https://theguardian.com/business/2020/jan/14/warhammer-tv-series-games-workshop-sales 

Nothing particularly new in the article but always fun to see the hobby appearing in the real world and confusing people with its continued existence.

also furthering my belief that post Brexit the UKs only hope of not totally collapsing into despotism, feudalism and families cannibalising each other to survive will be switching the economy 100% over to producing plastic toy soldiers.

Edited by JPjr
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9
  • LOVE IT! 1

8 minutes ago, JPjr said:

switching the economy 100% over to producing plastic toy soldiers.

If this happens, can we rename the British Isles to "Azyr"?  No one will be able to get into it and it'll be a holy land from whence shall come the greatest (plastic) soldiers in the world!  😁  

Edited by willange
  • Haha 2

Regarding losing all the fun with your army if the rules are bad - I played Thousand Sons even when they were pretty much the worst possible thing to play in 40k. Obviously as a loyal follower of Tzeentch there was no other option but to play with a bad army but did it kill my joy and appreciation for my dustboys? Hell nah. Yeah, I played less but in the end (mostly because of uni/work and I worked on some Thousand Sons stuff for dawn of war) but still, I loved them just as much when I lost way more.

I think it's the wrong hobby if you lose fun because your army sucks. If the models are great, then much can be forgiven. That said, I wish for all armies to get to a point where no army is an auto-win or auto-lose. That clearly has to be the goal.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JPjr said:

https://theguardian.com/business/2020/jan/14/warhammer-tv-series-games-workshop-sales 

Nothing particularly new in the article but always fun to see the hobby appearing in the real world and confusing people with its continued existence.

also furthering my belief that post Brexit the UKs only hope of not totally collapsing into despotism, feudalism and families cannibalising each other to survive will be switching the economy 100% over to producing plastic toy soldiers.

I personally look forward to being more isolated from humanity and enjoying our ever closer relationship with the rising sea. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

I hadn't noticed it before but look at the weird ridged/fluted metal things in the Sphyrinx's hair. They have very much the same appearance as some of the hafts (of a mace and a staff?) in the rumour engines.

17265322_Screenshot2020-01-14at21_04_10.png.49339f0f7bf433625a165ad6d13d6df6.png75271611_Screenshot2020-01-14at21_05_45.png.d222135e256e8598cee66632239f017e.png

image.png.277ba6ac105350a8fde1540415a12630.pngimage.png.f07b2edb1d8fdb3e0373e91e4b6b8ff2.png

Similarly the sort of ridges you see on the second Sphyrinx's false beard (which is pretty Egyptian style in itself) is not that different to the ridged look you see on the Cypher Lords.

485675087_Screenshot2020-01-14at21_07_33.png.645d5a16bf890819de56b00e2c748657.png

We know both the Sphyrinxes and the Cypher Lords are from Hysh. I think we're seeing the beginnings of a visual design language for that realm and consequently a few of the design cues we'll see on the Pointy Elves.

That said the idea that that mace is being wielded by an elf is absolutely wild to me, even if there's design similarities elsewhere, but it wasn't the ogres and it wasn't the Spire Tyrants...

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 10
  • LOVE IT! 1

44 minutes ago, willange said:

If this happens, can we rename the British Isles to "Azyr"?  No one will be able to get into it and it'll be a holy land from whence shall come the greatest (plastic) soldiers in the world!  😁  

They could take down that old statue of Admiral Nelson and replace it with a Stormcast Eternal while they're at it.

• Like 1

Just now, sandlemad said:

That said the idea that that mace is being wielded by an elf is absolutely wild to me, even if there's design similarities elsewhere, but it wasn't the ogres and it wasn't the Spire Tyrants...

Could be a sign of a twisted side in them that they let out through brutality.

People are on the fence if the Silver Tower mistweaver is Ulgu or Hysh since her armor has Teclis and Tyrion symbols but if she is then she uses some mighty twisted magic that drives enemy's so mad they claw their own faces off.

Teclis' perfect angelic race could have flaws they can't keep hidden. (Might be a Greek theme right there of corrupt divinity)

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

Could be a sign of a twisted side in them that they let out through brutality.

People are on the fence if the Silver Tower mistweaver is Ulgu or Hysh since her armor has Teclis and Tyrion symbols but if she is then she uses some mighty twisted magic that drives enemy's so mad they claw their own faces off.

Teclis' perfect angelic race could have flaws they can't keep hidden. (Might be a Greek theme right there of corrupt divinity)

Actually Teclis isn't all that good - in End Times he is like Warhammer version of Eldrad or even more. He then created Idoneth to discard them and wanted to kill all of them - he was only stopped by Tyrion - who got his curse purified. I can easilyh his Teclis using and teaching twisted magic if it can lead him to acomplish his goals. In End Times his "best friend" was Malekith after all. I would love Mistweaver to be Hysh Aelf or some kind of Teclis agent, love that mini and then Tenebrael could be Malerion assassin (both make sense).

Yeah, Teclis has always been a bit twisted. (Could be the Khaine curse or just how all high-ranking spellcasters seemed to be  dangerously arrogant, probably a mix)

I think that plus the souls from Slaanesh is gonna be an irony for a race he considers perfect. A reflection of himself that he refuses to see the flaws with.

Just now, PaniuBraniu said:

The mace belongs to one of the Bastgrave orcs.

There's no orruks yet in Beastgrave. Did you mean the Brayherd? I can't see it there either.

Are you just guessing for a future warband? I'll agree Bonesplitterz would be nice but that design doesn't really suit them.