The Rumour Thread

8 hours ago, Thiagoma said:

Yeahhhh he follow up with "Nagash will almost break Archeon but then Settra Happens"

And then, they notice the skaveny trap they fell into.

3 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

Called

Blood and Murder

Considering how everybody will be murdered in that boxset, wouldn’t it make more sense to call it  “the bloody mess”

i hope it comes with a broom 

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Haha 2

As a native Scandinavian, I am intimately familiar with viking myths (in Denmark we have a 35 year old running comic about viking mythology, that almost everyone reads at some point in their childhood), and trust me, an eight legged horse is pretty normal compared to how weird some of the myths are. The myth of creation pretty much takes the cake: 

"Before there was soil, or sky, or any green thing, there was only the gaping abyss of Ginnungagap. This chaos of perfect silence and darkness lay between the homeland of elemental fire, Muspelheim, and the homeland of elemental ice, Niflheim.

Frost from Niflheim and billowing flames from Muspelheim crept toward each other until they met in Ginnungagap. Amid the hissing and sputtering, the fire melted the ice, and the drops formed themselves into Ymir (“Screamer”[1]), the first of the godlike but destructive giants. Ymir was a hermaphrodite and could reproduce asexually; when he slept, more giants leapt forth from his legs and from the sweat of his armpits.

As the frost continued to melt, a cow, Audhumla (“Abundance of Humming”[2]), emerged from it. She nourished Ymir with her milk, and she, in turn, was nourished by salt-licks in the ice. Her licks slowly uncovered Buri (“Progenitor”[3]), the first of the Aesir tribe of gods. Buri had a son named Bor (“Son”[4]), who married Bestla (perhaps “Wife”[5]), the daughter of the giant Bolthorn (“Baleful Thorn”[6]). The half-god, half-giant children of Bor and Bestla were Odin, who became the chief of the Aesir gods, and his two brothers, Vili and Ve.

Odin and his brothers slew Ymir and set about constructing the world from his corpse. They fashioned the oceans from his blood, the soil from his skin and muscles, vegetation from his hair, clouds from his brains, and the sky from his skull. Four dwarves, corresponding to the four cardinal points, held Ymir’s skull aloft above the earth.

The gods eventually formed the first man and woman, Ask and Embla, from two tree trunks, and built a fence around their dwelling-place, Midgard, to protect them from the giants."

Now, GW's writers are creative, but I think it'd take some "herbs" for them to top this in weirdness. :D

Sorry for the derail. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

If idoneth are in a box the new hero will be an embaillor. They have no model but are very important to the lore in the battletome and recent black library stories. Probably a non-wizard hero unit that has a damage bonus vs bonuses and abilities which support idoneth beasts. 

A good concept for a box set would be Briomdar vs Nurgle. They could do the narrative around the Green Gulch war, it would tie into the recent book story quite well and update two factions that could use some minor rules love. 

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

5 hours ago, MitGas said:

Uhm didn't we have SCE vs Nighthaunt? Like literally all the friggin' time? :D

Technically, yes, but no, as the SCE vs Nighthaunt thing is the Core Set which is not a limited 2 faction thing but an "allways on stock" entry product to lure new players into the hobby with it. That´s the reason why there is so much stuff around it: To make more products interesting for new players who got into the hobby with the box and vice versa.

Meanwhile the two faction boxes are rather meant for players who want to start a specific faction or expand their new force with some neat units.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MitGas said:

Hmm, infusing those pointy Aelves with a bit of Asgard's might would only add what they lacked before - total manliness. ✌️ I'd be all for it.*

Haha, depends on the designers.

Yugioh has Nordic light elves too and manly's not a word i'd use to describe them. xD

40666140.jpg

On that note though my guess is the Hysh Aelves will continue the Greek themes we've seen with Morathi(gorgons & civilization diety), Deepkin & Ghyran chaos aelves (Hoplites) and Kurnothi(satyrs).

With the mentions of them being "angelic" i'm betting on them either having wings or making wings of light since the Greek goddess Nike was the first inspiration for winged angels in Christianity.

The Aether War box might support that as it focuses on all flying forces which could be a tie-in for Teclis to introduce his newly created armies.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

18 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

a horror beyond comprehension

what in the....

Is it just floating around in space after someone inverted its entire digestive tract?

What was the prompt that the artist was working from? "Glowing blue space fetus is surprising chill after literally pooping its guts out"??

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Deepkin new, none of those mixed factions had the older models nuked first and resurface later.

They could mix in some phoenix temple but with what's been teased this is an all new race Teclis made with the souls from Slaanesh. Same as he did with Deepkin which makes them different from the city aelves we have.

Just now, swarmofseals said:

what in the....

Is it just floating around in space after someone inverted its entire digestive tract?

What was the prompt that the artist was working from? "Glowing blue space fetus is surprising chill after literally pooping its guts out"??

Hahaha, that's certainly an interesting take on it. xD

I'll admit the designers got creative with the Nordic cards.

Not to derail the thread but if you want something else bizarre look up how they designed Jormungardr, turned it into a serpent dragon straight out of the mutating chaos realm.

Edited by Baron Klatz

5 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

On that note though my guess is the Hysh Aelves will continue the Greek themes we've seen with Morathi(gorgons & civilization diety), Deepkin & Ghyran chaos aelves (Hoplites) and Kurnothi(satyrs).

With the mentions of them being "angelic" i'm betting on them either having wings or making wings of light since the Greek goddess Nike was the first inspiration for winged angels in Christianity.

Elven Knights of the Zodiac: God Tyrion arc.

Edited by Tiger

2 hours ago, Incineroar87 said:

Are we expecting the same old High Elfs units / characters similar to how Sylvaneth included all the old tree spirits from Wood Elves or a Daughters of Khaine situation where they reused a few old units and splashed in some new or something completely brand new like Deepkin? 

Hard to say. I think it will be a bit of both as I think these Aelves will be trying to recreate the old world glory days when they had a big empire, so I suspect they will be a bit war hungry.  Still only a couple of weeks before a teaser

KO were much like Slaves to Darkness - popular in theory but bad rules and a lack of attention holding them back. So its no shock that a sudden new edition of rules and new model has people jumping on them. Plus with the way 2.0 has been steadily rolling out you can bet anyone in the last year or so who wanted a KO started waiting for the eventual release; especially in the last 6 months or so and since Christmas.

I always liked the look of them but was busy with my ironjawz and  turned off by the bad rules (heard from others, never take a look at the old BT).

But now i got myself the Aetherwar box and 2-3 other boxes. Btw. in Germany 3rd party retailer stock of Aetherwar still good/available.

Not so much interested in Pointy Alefs, so i hope i can afford to spend some money on the KO now. 
But we'll see what we get the next week/months for AoS.
Next Week release already known?

Edited by FireAbend
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, FireAbend said:

I always liked the look of them but was busy with my ironjawz and  turned off by the bad rules (heard from others, never take a look at the old BT).

But now i got myself the Aetherwar box and 2-3 other boxes. Btw. in Germany 3rd party retailer stock of Aetherwar still good/available.

Not so much interested in Pointy Alefs, so i hope i can afford to spend some money on the KO now. 
But we'll see what we get the next week/months for AoS.
Next Week release already known?

Next week is more Sisters + Psychic Awakening

I suspect the week after that will be sisters again, plus Warcry stuff and maybe the Ogor Warband.

31 minutes ago, FireAbend said:

I always liked the look of them but was busy with [edit] something (read: other armies)

Same here. I found in the new KO a double opportunity:

1. rules are top, meaning you can play them against almost everything expecting at laest not beeing too ridiculously tabled out. And also meaning, playing them eventually a different way, making them kinda unique in their playstyle.

2. Financial opportunity: 3 halves of aether box + Ironclad and you'r done for a 2K+ army for less than 200eur (resell just one ballon hero to get to this budget). Add to this that I grabbed also the Underworld KO, not only giving a khermist for super cheap but also a team usable in games. I'll add as soon as I'll sell the balloon hero and another Gunhauler, a SC+thunderers (and later a admiral and a navigator). Full army (above 3k points) and done. Did I also say that I am super happy that we have the opportunity to play without the obligation of buying a bunch of Arkanauts? that was a big decision factor also.

• Like 1