The Rumour Thread

I think this release will be similar in size to the Idonteh Deepkin and the Ossiarch Bonereapers. So 2-3 infantry kits, 1 (heavy) cavalry  unit, 3-4 heroes, a centerpiece, a monster and maybe an artillery piece. Endless Spells and Terrain seem likely for a new faction. GW can get creative here.

My personal opinion in regards to their main infantry unit. I think a combo unit (bows and spears, ala Sea Guard), seems like a good way of getting a unique unit. I think GW would try to avoid the rather generic archers and spears. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, willange said:

Personally, I'm guessing it'll have:

Heroes - 
Pointy Tyrion
Pointy Teclis
Pointy Wizard 1 (offensive focused)
Pointy Wizard 2 (defensive focused)
Pointy Aelven Aengel  (Aengel haha) Hero (dual kit with named and un-named version similar to Liege Kavalos and Akhelian King)
Pointy Regular Aelven foot hero

Battleline -
Pointy Archers
Pointy Spears
Some pointy missle cav akin to reavers

Artillery -
A sort of pointy solar engine ballista

Other -
Dual kit of pointy Aengelic Aelves
Aengelic pointy Pegasus Cav

Bonus -
Probably also pointy Phoenix Temple units
Pointy Endless Spells
Pointy Terrain

Fixed that for you.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

18 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

god hopefully its a bit more interesting then that, or what was the point of this exercise of making a whole new army.  (you've just re-done wfb high aelves) 

I'll never stop laughing if Teclis spent all this time and effort trying to create "perfect" elves and they just turn out to be plain-old High Elves.

• Like 1
  • Haha 9
  • Confused 1

34 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

god hopefully its a bit more interesting then that, or what was the point of this exercise of making a whole new army.  (you've just re-done wfb high aelves) 

I think that’s exactly what a lot of people want. I’d be tempted. And if they did that with Seraphon I’d be more than tempted.

That  being said, I would expect that they will give the whole thing more of an AOS twist than just re-done versions on WFB.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Aelfric said:

Teclis has always overestimated his own capabilities.  I have no doubt something will have gone wrong this time as well.

Did he ? 
End Times only ended badly because :

- it had to end bad

- Manfred betrayed everybody 😛 

but only thanks to Teclis they had any chance.

And didn’t he just smacked N’Kari with ease back into Realm of Chaos and then defeated Malekith in one on one magical duel? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mutton said:

I'll never stop laughing if Teclis spent all this time and effort trying to create "perfect" elves and they just turn out to be plain-old High Elves.

To be fair, old  high elves are just “perfect” elves in Teclis’ eyes

Although even remade that may be beyond his ability, pity

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

To be fair, old  high elves are just “perfect” elves in Teclis’ eyes

Although even remade that may be beyond his ability, pity

Since you're in the know, I can't help but wonder if that's a hint. Should we expect some design flaw on this new aelves? Not pointy enough?

1 minute ago, Jator said:

Since you're in the know, I can't help but wonder if that's a hint. Should we expect some design flaw on this new aelves? Not pointy enough?

Oh no no no I am just speculating, based on the lore of Idoneth and Hedonites

After all this is warhammer, 'perfect' is a very rare concept ( Slannesh eh? )

I believe no matter how perfect Teclis make these new elves look like, there will be some flaws, seen or unseen

2 minutes ago, Thiagoma said:

I think the new elves are gona be High Elves and their flaw will be on the lore not on the models.

I also belive Tyrion will be a part of it but GW is keeping it secret.

Oh, I meant the lore too. I was talking about Teclis design, which based on his track record is doomed to be flawed, as Whitefang said.

A  miniature/diorama of the twins in the same vein as Katakros would be amazing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sandlemad said:

Pretty much! It'd be a tricky brief, making a grotbag scuttlers faction work without stepping on the toes of Kharadron, Gloomspite or Skyre. I think the key to differentiating them from Skaven would be to put less emphasis on the super-science/sorcery (e.g. warp lightning cannons) and more on the "how the hell is that working" (e.g. snotling pump wagon, spear chukkas, that chainsaw/bomb/pogo stick combo from Blood Bowl,  a lot of 40k ork stuff).

It'd be cool to see a Destruction faction with access to blackpowder weapons; swashbuckling, soot-stained grot sky-pirates festooned with pistols and constantly falling out of their airships.

RE: rumours, it'll be interesting to see how much info on the pointy elves we'll actually get. Maybe a trailer with a few models and a battletome cover? Last LVO was more about previewing Shadowspear and indirectly only through that the range refresh for Chaos Marines and the next chamber opening for Primaris. Not a precedent exactly. I don't think we saw all that much of Gloomspite when the models were first shown either, a lot of the range was first noted from blurry scans and such.

Oh, I'd love some skyborne grots. I've had this mad idea of a squig driven helicopter in my head for some time - imagine a Da Vinci-esque helicopter, but driven by a hamster wheel with a squig or two inside, chasing a grot. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, Walrustaco said:

Look at my icon

Ha, I've got four of 'em and an old metal tyrant/bruiser with a pistol and boomstick. Slipped my mind entirely, should have said more access to blackpowder weapons. Pistols, deck guns, cannons, shrapnel launchers, explosives, things on swivel mounts with gobbos hanging off.

2 hours ago, DantePQ said:
3 hours ago, Aelfric said:

Did he ? 

- it had to end bad

but only thanks to Teclis they had any chance

Yes it had to end badly....

but he set it in stone. 

Firmly in the teclis is a dummy camp 😂

Edited by Kramer
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Jator said:

Oh, I meant the lore too. I was talking about Teclis design, which based on his track record is doomed to be flawed, as Whitefang said.

A  miniature/diorama of the twins in the same vein as Katakros would be amazing.

I was kind of imagining them as 2 separate models that have to be taken together and work in tandem, buffing each other and then going on a rampage if the other dies.

Would be sort of like one of the huge god models (Nagash, Archaon, etc) split into 2.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DantePQ said:

Did he ? 

- it had to end bad

but only thanks to Teclis they had any chance.

And didn’t he just smacked N’Kari with ease back into Realm of Chaos and then defeated Malekith in one on one magical duel? 

Trouble is, He never knows when to stop. Hubris.

🤨

Ulthuan isn't Siam, and Tyrion and Teclis always operated pretty independently in both the WFB background (off leading armies/cuckolding Finubar and traveling around researching spells/teaching humans to read respectively), and game (you'd have to be playing very large battle to have the character allowance for both); and Teclis seemed pretty autonomous is his recent appearance in his recent flashback scene in Forbidden Power, so I wouldn't expect them to share a base or have to be taken together. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if Tyrion wasn't even part of the new faction at all, with his own release years away.

Now if Malekith and Morathi had been a single miniature with a shared base, then we'd be talking... 😉

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2