The Rumour Thread

26 minutes ago, 123lac said:

super disappointing if all they get is a book and no new sculpts

Considering what they did to Skaven I wouldn't expect more than 1 model and the book. Maybe endless spells and terrain. But all the old armies seem to be stuck in finecast/metal and GW isn't gonna update them.

• Sad 1

The hope being they Should of already gotten something since they did the updates in a rough order of when the tomes released. Seraphon being one of the first should have meant they already got a stop-gaps update.

That it's being held back so long could mean they're getting more attention than that and a big update.

It can go either way right now. They certainly aren't forgotten because of their involvement in the Malign Portents stories and campaign.

1 hour ago, 123lac said:

super disappointing if all they get is a book and no new sculpts

Well  the chances seraphons are getting as much love as the skaventide factions is high, so I wouldn’t put your money on a huge release.

Although with a bit of luck we might see a few units resculped, during the possible upcoming campaigns, which would be a awesome way of updating armies like seraphons and Skaven, who both have a unbelievable number of frustratingly ugly, metallic or finecasty kits.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Although with a bit of luck we might see a few units resculped, during the possible upcoming campaigns, which would be a awesome way of updating armies like seraphons and Skaven, who both have a unbelievable number of frustratingly ugly, metallic or finecasty kits.

I’m just expecting some endless spells and maybe a terrain piece. Yes it would be great to replace some of the kits but GW seem to be more focused on a couple of kits to “refresh” a range and then put more effort towards a new army such as Bonereapers and Pointy Aelves.

I have no idea how ready players are to buy new kits for their already serviceable army, just to replace older models.  If they are not, it would be rational for GW to rather create completely new armies.  Whoever started, for example, Skaven last year will by now have found workarounds for the more horribly outdated models I’d think. 

1 hour ago, Beastmaster said:

I have no idea how ready players are to buy new kits for their already serviceable army, just to replace older models.  If they are not, it would be rational for GW to rather create completely new armies.  Whoever started, for example, Skaven last year will by now have found workarounds for the more horribly outdated models I’d think. 

Yeah I wonder how this affects their decisions. Like most Seraphon players have 100+ skinks. Are they hesitant to recreate a new skink model because of this? Maybe in fear of alienating consumers since many will then think "damn all these models are worthless now" even though you could perfectly play with the old version. On the other hand, they did recreate chaos warriors and knights - Maybe this was one-of-a-kind situation since the chaos warrior is a very unique model, and it is the base for the space marine etc. Very iconic model.

11 minutes ago, Kasper said:

Yeah I wonder how this affects their decisions. Like most Seraphon players have 100+ skinks. Are they hesitant to recreate a new skink model because of this? Maybe in fear of alienating consumers since many will then think "damn all these models are worthless now" even though you could perfectly play with the old version. On the other hand, they did recreate chaos warriors and knights - Maybe this was one-of-a-kind situation since the chaos warrior is a very unique model, and it is the base for the space marine etc. Very iconic model.

I would replace old models with new ones if the new ones look better (this is the case with Slaves to Darkness)

I am also itching for new models for Saurus Warriors,  salamanders, Temple Guards, Krixigors, all heroes except the skinks and perhaps Ssoltek(ish) models though I have a huge Seraphon collection.

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 1

Admittedly I have 12000 points of lizards, so l might be biased, but apart from the derpy cold ones, what is the problem people have with the current range? The current salamanders might not be as iconic or "dinosaury" as the original dimetrodon inspired ines,, but seem cool enough to me, and I can't see a problem with any if the troop kits. Is it just that they are rank and file?

28 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

I would replace old models with new ones if the new ones look better (this is the case with Slaves to Darkness)

I am also itching for new models for Saurus Warriors,  salamanders, Temple Guards, Krixigors, all heroes except the skinks and perhaps Ssoltek(ish) models though I have a huge Seraphon collection.

I agree. Also I know a lot of players are waiting to start a new Seraphon army cause they want new models. Lizardmen are a distinctive part of the warhammer world, I think a huge release will be very much welcomed.

2 hours ago, Beastmaster said:

I have no idea how ready players are to buy new kits for their already serviceable army, just to replace older models.

I don't see the problem... people starting a new army just before the models get squatted it's a fact since warhammer exists. It happens... Just like the elf thing.

3 hours ago, Thiagoma said:

While i would love to see new dinos (or at least an awesome Slaan), i think it is wise to not expect more than just BT/endless/scenary and maybe a hero.

3 hours ago, Kyriakin said:

If Seraphon got three new kits - Slann, Knights and Kroxigor, thry would be in an OK place IMHO.

Foot heroes come and go, and I'd make Saurus Guard the basic Sauruses (i.e. get rid of the actual basic Saurus, with no replacement). Most of the rest looks fine to me (other than the Salamander, obviously).

The Skaven and LON model line needs a revolution, while Seraphon merely needs an evolution.

If you look at the report coming out of the questions at the Open Day it looks like Seraphon are not coming anytime soon so probably best to temper expectations for any release for them at all

• Like 1

I think they will release in 2020 but they are last 1.0 army so I think GW want to make big release for them not to rush them. So they are now all in on releasing new armies not 2.0 updates and I expect Seraphons to got big update more like Gitz (but with updated models instead of new units) 

That could be LVO might reveal Aelves as zi doubt GW will leave AoS with no releases for 3 months. 

21 minutes ago, DantePQ said:

That could be LVO might reveal Aelves as zi doubt GW will leave AoS with no releases for 3 months.

This.

Even arguing what spring means AoS will need something to release between now and March, and a single book can’t be all AoS gets in 2 months...

Seraphon would fit the bill but I would expect also some other smaller things here and there.

39 minutes ago, Carnelian said:

If you look at the report coming out of the questions at the Open Day it looks like Seraphon are not coming anytime soon so probably best to temper expectations for any release for them at all

Well all that means is they aren’t allowed to say anything, because it wasn’t one of the reveals. It doesn’t actually say much as to whether they’re coming soon or not. 

1 hour ago, EccentricCircle said:

Admittedly I have 12000 points of lizards, so l might be biased, but apart from the derpy cold ones, what is the problem people have with the current range? The current salamanders might not be as iconic or "dinosaury" as the original dimetrodon inspired ines,, but seem cool enough to me, and I can't see a problem with any if the troop kits. Is it just that they are rank and file?

1. The Models look too static

2. Models looking very dated or derpy 

3. Evolution of Saurus Armor would be nice (more Necron-like?)

I‘d love to see the Slann finding an old one who then grants them the gift of newer magic-tech

edit: Don‘t forget that Second Chaos Book as a Release.

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Things we know about still to be released:

Rest of the sisters 

Warcry monsters

Underworld ogre

Chaos book

Dark angel psychic awakening

Mechnicum flyer

That's 6-7 weeks worth of releases which could take us to end of Feb. I can easily see a week for lizards battletome, endless spells, terrain and start collecting box fitting in.

20 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

1. The Models look too static

2. Models looking very dated or derpy 

3. Evolution of Saurus Armor would be nice (more Necron-like?)

I‘d love to see the Slann finding an old one who then grants them the gift of newer magic-tech

edit: Don‘t forget that Second Chaos Book as a Release.

Interesting, thanks. We shall see what the future holds I guess. While I don't really agree, and am happy with the model range we have, I'll still be perfectly happy if they do release more new stuff. Painting Lizards is fun.

3 minutes ago, ageofpaddsmar said:

If seraphon are only getting the basics there's no reason not to release them soon (Feb) 

The longer the wait the more likely they are getting a bit more

One would hope so, but its not always the case. That said I would be surprised if GW delayed Seraphon without a good reason, if they only get a book and spells in 6 months time or longer then it would feel really strange for them to stretch that period out for such a modest release. I'd certainly expect to see them before the new "pointy aelves" are released. 

If nothing else it means that GW can market AoS as a complete game for the first time since it was created, which is no small thing. Indeed it would be quite a major source for marketing and it would also be the final big "potential model removal" event from the game. Not that I'd expect to see Seraphon lose much if anything at this stage, but you never know and not knowing and being out of date will hold back potential seraphon customers. 

Lore is always a bit flexible with things. Much of the time the lore writers have no idea what production or rules are going to change or move around and suchlike. So they can end up writing about skycutters with no foresight that they will get removed, let alone when. 

2 hours ago, EccentricCircle said:

Saurus look like they belong in the flinstones cartoons. Very goofy heads and weirdly skinny bodies.

Slann are finecast.

Kroxigors look like they were designed 15 years ago, a very dated look.

Skinks are okay but they could be better. Very static and lacking much detail.

43 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Destruction needs a new Army, a real new Army. The Destruction players are the Ugly ducklings...

Been saying this more and more as everything gets consolidated. Order has 8 armies, Chaos 7, Death 3 and a half (since most of the stuff falls in Legions but is really 3 separate armies), and Destruction 3.  I assume Pointy Aelves are Order. So really this whole year should add 2 Death and 2 Destruction armies to even come close to some kind of parity.

Its kind of close to Ironjawz, but I want to see a big smashy destruction army. Like with dragons, and giants, and such.

• Like 2