The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, willange said:

Do we think "Pointy Aelves" will include any older models (not talking squatted ones, just current ones)?  Bonereapers included Morghasts so I'm wondering if Pointy Aelves might include Phoenix Temple or something. 

judging from the teaser video, I would guess yes. Even the Teclis model they silhouetted looks similar in style to his WHFB model, albeit BIGGER because God.

I think it won't have any old kits, there were out of order for a reason. 

And there aren't many old kits left that Hysh Aelves could use - White Lions and Dragon Princes doesn't fit them very much maybe Skycutters but that's all. 

Also I think LVO could show them for March/April release . Also DoK were previewed at LVO as well so that would be nice touch, also the can release teaser with some new models at LVO and do full army reveal at Adepticon for April release. 

• Like 3

White Lions, Dragon Princes, and Skycutters were all discontinued though. I don't see them bringing the sculpts back for the release.

Out of the whole HE line, the only kits that are still available are Phoenix Temple, and the shadow warrior/sisters dual kit. The archers have been shifted to align with other factions, so if they reuse any models at all, it's pretty much Phoenix Temple or nothing.

I personally think it's possible they'll keep the Phoenix stuff. The Phoenix model holds up very well, at least well enough that there's no point making a replacement phoenix sculpt, and the Phoenix Guard, while not a personal favorite, are only about 7 years old.

It's possible that they may bring out new sculpts that continue the aesthetics of the old ones, in the same way that the new Chaos Knights do.  That way they can re-introduce some of the retired kits that were not needed for CoS.  Hopefully, some of the new kits will be available as a Start Collecting box (like S2D); I don't mind monopose.

Teclis, after all, wants to replicate the golden age of his past - at least the one he imagines happened.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Carnelian said:

My guess is that they remake everything and it features no old models - closer to Bonereapers than Gitz. It just feels like that is the future, but that's just my guy feeling

I'd agree, there are those ranges that owe conceptual allegiance to WHFB units/armies (Idoneth, Ossiarchs, Fyreslayers) and those that actually make use of old kits and expand upon them (Gloomspite, DoK, Sylvaneth, Ironjawz, Nighthaunt).

With a little adjustment to their design and background early on in the development process, there could have been a good case for the Idoneth having Scourge Privateers as a sort of auxiliary force of allied scouts, a bit like Spiderfang to the Moonclans, and maybe having a closer aesthetic connection. But GW decided not to take that route, presumably because they wanted a cleaner break. Even with the promotional 'traditional-ish elves' stuff we've seen, I think that's the approach GW will take here. No guarantee, particularly as some of the Phoenix Temple stuff could be argued as having a more Hysh-adjacent aesthetic than the Privateers did an oceanic one, but still.

Indeed, I think last year being very small in new factions means we'll see new models more than anything now that they saved up resources by doing mostly updates.

At the very least I imagine they can ally with Phoenix Temple but any old models are getting the NightHaunt Black Coach treatment with a Mortal Realms overhaul.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baron Klatz said:

Indeed, I think last year being very small in new factions means we'll see new models more than anything now that they saved up resources by doing mostly updates.

At the very least I imagine they can ally with Phoenix Temple but any old models are getting the NightHaunt Black Coach treatment with a Mortal Realms overhaul.

I belive that. Give Phoenix Temple Pointy Elves Keyword and a remake of classics as Swordmasters and Archmages.

I think that they gonna bring back reavers and swordmasters.

But gonna be 100% new because the old mold was mixed with skavens at island of blood boxe so they can relaunch them,they have to build a new mold and if they build a new mold gonna be with a new design

Yeah, new designs akin to Bonereapers like Carnelian and others have said. Very likely to take the Cypher lords look and crank it up even further as the foremost god army of Hysh.

However I do hope they surprise us and include some other realms into their mix as the Hammerhal Archmage had in his lore as a devout Teclis follower and master of magic.

"When the aelves of hammerhal Ghyra's eldritch council locate a potentially troubling magical anomaly an unstable artefact, perhaps, or the faintest hint of Chaotic corruption - it is to loremaster Alnaryn that they turn. Countless looming threats against the city and its people have been eliminated with surgical precision by the enigmatic mage, though he asks for and accepts no glory in return for his long years of service to hammerhal.

In fact, few people, even amongst the highest echelons of hammerhal's government and military leadership are even aware of the loremaster's work. This is preferable to Alnaryn. Let the warriors of the stormcast eternals and the regiments of the freeguild earn the honour and the adulation of the cityfolk. He works where they cannot, in the dark corners of the twin-tailed city, and in the ancient places of the wilds, where primordial magic stirs and hungers.

To deal with the myriad threats to hammerhal, alnaryn calls upon a seemingly bottomless reserve of arcane knowledge gleaned from centuries of study and adventure. He has walked the endless paths of the white library of Gelnasis, studies at the feet of the riftlords of khys and mastered their rough magics. In shadowy shyish he learned bladework from the long-dead knights of thorn, who could slice a raindrop in six before it ever touched the ground. The loremaster's mind overflows with esoteric knowledge, ready to be applied at a moments notice.

Alnaryn can be a difficult aelf to deal with. His utter confidence in his own abilities and the breadth of his knowledge is often perceived by humans and duardin as rank arrogance. He has spent so many years alone in his chambers, poring through ancient tomes in a trace-like state of magical reverie, that he finds the frivolous chatter and seemingly wilful ignorance of most mortals exhausting.

Nevertheless, when there is no option but to work alongside the lesser races in pursuit of a common cause, the loremaster can be relied upon as a staunch and honourable companion. He is not too proud to understand that a thousand years of adventure within the mortal realms cannot prepare one for even a fraction of their dangers. Some evils simply cannot be fought alone."

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Joseph Mackay said:

I’m just doubtful that both would be revealed at LVO and I’m expecting Seraphon first

I think Seraphon will get only a BT and have a lot of models removed, while LVO will show us the first pointy elves units or another teaser .

If Seraphon got three new kits - Slann, Knights and Kroxigor, thry would be in an OK place IMHO.

Foot heroes come and go, and I'd make Saurus Guard the basic Sauruses (i.e. get rid of the actual basic Saurus, with no replacement). Most of the rest looks fine to me (other than the Salamander, obviously).

The Skaven and LON model line needs a revolution, while Seraphon merely needs an evolution.

Edited by Kyriakin
  • Like 1