The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, novakai said:

from the Reddit ( some grain of salt), Seraphon was asked during the seminar

"Sat at the Warhammer World Open Day AoS Seminar and asked the Panel about the future of Seraphon.

Confirmed that

"They will get a new book"

"They will get their day in the Sun"

"We have done some work on them within Malign Portents""

That's good to ask for confirmation, but doesn't really say anything we didn't already know unless you want to look deeper into the "they will get their day in the sun" part.

Also, as a side note, we have not seen the Astrolithic Skyshrine that was leaked with the other terrain and Warcry stuff a month or so ago, have we? Considering the Astrolith is related to Seraphon, it's possible that'll be a scenery piece for them.

Edited by FFJump

9 hours ago, FFJump said:

That's ancient lore. They do have spawning pools again and are more ground-based. Their lore has already been re-worked outside their own battletome. When their battletome comes out (not long now), they'll be quite different lore-wise from the old tome.

Why do you guys have a stiffy for spawning pools? Hehe 

Age of sigmar shouldnt be national geographic - you can read about lizard on wiki if you want to. ;)

Physical permanent Seraphon are 1 trillion times more boring. Oh well. Preferences differ. What lures me into Seraphon turns off Seraphon old guard from the old world

Edited by Turragor
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Blightzkrieg said:

I don't really see any indication that Seraphon will be a big release, unless we seriously think it's going to be another six months til their book. The tease suggests that Pointy Elves are the next big releases, and there aren't really any rumour engines suggesting upcoming seraphon.

I'm hopeful there will be endless spells, terrain, and maybe one new plastic kit, but I can't see anything bigger than that in the near future.

8457EDEF-916D-4BDB-9AC1-F55E97C2BAE6.jpeg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Dirtnaps said:

Well I can't wait for Battletome: Proper Pointy Aelves to drop, from this silhouette alone they look pretty cool. I really hope both Tyrion and Teclis get a model.

One of the best things about this silhouette is that now the costumes of the Warcry Cypher Lords (who also come from Hysh) make so much more sense aesthetically! Big flowy plumes, stuff dangling from elaborate headdresses and tunics etc etc01.jpgScreenshot 2020-01-04 at 17.34.44.png

Edited by Dawnmane
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Turragor said:

Age of sigmar shouldnt be national geographic - you can read about lizard on wiki if you want to. ;)

Physical permanent Seraphon are 1 trillion times more boring. Oh well. Preferences differ. What lures me into Seraphon turns off Seraphon old guard from the old world

Well, for me personally, I was a Lizardman player from 6th-8th of Warhammer Fantasy (and if they come in Warhammer: The Old World I'll play them then too), and so any references to their old lore I love. Also, personally, I prefer them being actual creatures to beings or memories of starlight from the old battletome.

If you've kept up with the new lore, especially in the Tome of Champions as Whitefang mentioned, they've kind of retconned some stuff. They have spawning pools again from where they come from. They're creatures of flesh and blood again, however, the Slann can still summon them through starlight. Some of them stay or live in the realms. Also, apparently, Seraphon that have been isolated too long become feral and regress to a savage state.

Also, lots of references to the Old Ones. The Seraphon quest in the Tome of Champions has you looking for a Cosmic Pylon that seems to somehow have been technology of the Old Ones. Overall, I'm pretty excited for their new tome.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dawnmane said:

One of the best things about this silhouette is that now the costumes of the Warcry Cypher Lords (who also come from Hysh) make so much more sense aesthetically! Big flowy plumes, stuff dangling from elaborate headdresses and tunics etc etc01.jpgScreenshot 2020-01-04 at 17.34.44.png

Oh goodness me, could it be what THIS was intended for? (Saw it on Twitter, had totally forgotten about it, even though I painted one back in the day)

1CD973A9-6B34-4FB4-B688-FCAB3FC4024F.jpeg

• LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, FFJump said:

Well, for me personally, I was a Lizardman player from 6th-8th of Warhammer Fantasy (and if they come in Warhammer: The Old World I'll play them then too), and so any references to their old lore I love. Also, personally, I prefer them being actual creatures to beings or memories of starlight from the old battletome.

If you've kept up with the new lore, especially in the Tome of Champions as Whitefang mentioned, they've kind of retconned some stuff. They have spawning pools again from where they come from. They're creatures of flesh and blood again, however, the Slann can still summon them through starlight. Some of them stay or live in the realms. Also, apparently, Seraphon that have been isolated too long become feral and regress to a savage state.

Also, lots of references to the Old Ones. The Seraphon quest in the Tome of Champions has you looking for a Cosmic Pylon that seems to somehow have been technology of the Old Ones. Overall, I'm pretty excited for their new tome.

Thanks for the info! I think left as I remembered from the original book it was a bit weird. But I got to thinking about the interesting places you could go with the remembered ppl being given form angle. 

It could have been wild! 

At the same time I did like the old aztec angle for the lizards and well, if dedicated seraphon players are happy good stuff. 

Were i to buy up some Seraphon I can always make mine old school new school :)

One lizard remembered as many times as the models I field (in different stages of life), Jeff - best pal to general Hank the Slann

• Like 1

What I will say about Seraphon, is that consistently, going back over a year, anytime anyone asks GW about Seraphon they are told "they will get their day in the sun" and "read the malign portents story."

It's to the point that it's clearly the company line regarding Seraphon, so I have to disagree that the MP story doesn't indicate the direction they plan to take the faction.

I personally think that when Seraphon finally come they will have at least some models, if only because at this point it's ludicrous for them to be pushed back as far as they are, with nothing to show for it. If they were just getting a book they could have been slotted in anytime.  GW is anything but predictable though, so we'll see.

• Like 1

Yeah, people think that "summoned memories" and "spawning pools" are mutually exclusive. What if Slaans have different ways to summon Seraphon (still as corporeal memories) and spawning pool is just one of them because that particular Slaan was nostalgic?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The campaign book could signal that GW are done with battletomes for awhile. Other than for the brand new army I mean. 

As far as I'm aware in 40k they stopped producing new codex after the first vigilus (other than the marines) and have just been doing campaign books. 

I hope not because I want a new idoneth book, but if all the factions get love in campaign books it wouldn't be the end of the world. 

5 hours ago, Turragor said:

Physical permanent Seraphon are boring? I disagree, Seraphon that don’t physically exist and are just the Slanns imaginary friends are boring

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Joseph Mackay said:

Physical permanent Seraphon are boring? I disagree, Seraphon that don’t physically exist and are just the Slanns imaginary friends are boring

Speak for yourself. Both are cool.

Seriously that discussion is meaningless. Different people like different things. And ultimately it's GW who has the last word on this matter.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dawnmane said:

Oh goodness me, could it be what THIS was intended for? (Saw it on Twitter, had totally forgotten about it, even though I painted one back in the day)

1CD973A9-6B34-4FB4-B688-FCAB3FC4024F.jpeg

I don’t think Mistweaver is part of this. Her description on the GW webstore states she hails from the realm of Shadow, and has her much more sinister. I do think the design cues and paint scheme make her feel like she could be aligned with tecles because of the crescent smbology.

I think people want real living seraphon, not just summoned warriors by powerful Slaan mages, because you can tell more story with your own race and there's more story to tell too. The original lore was that all the Seraphon were basically in a huge space ark, kept in a state of sleep whilst the Slaan mages would summon them from those vessels into new bodies on the battlefield (the sheer amount of power required for that gives an idea of how freaking powerful Slaan mages are right now - able to summon whole armies into being).

Whilst those Seraphon are shown to have personality, they are very much given purpose. They don't really "live"

Now if you've got spawning pools, that means you've got new generations, new young being raised, new settlements, new cities. Land that becomes important to them to hold onto not just for the purposes of some Slaan mages' ideas on the future. It basically gives Seraphon a real world stake in the mortal realms. IT also introduces the possibilities of conflict, strife, politics, love (?), quests etc... Basically it increases their story and lore potential greatly. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Aye but GW has really been working hard with AoS to have more stories about more races - I wager once Seraphon are out as a race we'll see more stories that focus on them. Honestly there isn't a single "Tyranid" like race in the AoS setting that can't have stories about themselves that feature themselves - even the totally insane Flesheaters can have stories about themselves 

The whole Seraphon Lore seems a bit messy due to the conversion from the world that was to current AoS lore. While Aztec Lizzards were pretty based in the old world, they somehow had to transit them to multirealm forces. Also, theys had to justify, why they did not die in the Endtimes~ At this point gw choose to turn them into what they are right now, mysterious lizzard daemons, summoned from memory of the slann. This whole shift, while the reason for it seems quite understandable, led to the seraphon lore beeing confusing as there are some unanswered questions. Also, a lot of people would like to see a return to the old, more based lore, having Seraphon to be living things again. The last lore tidbits all seem to go into this direction, as daemons and seraphon seem to be able to keep manifested within the mortal realms, and don´t disappear as they do in 40k.

It is quite interesting how gw wants to shift this and we have to wait to see how they will proceed with it. I see many cool options for this. An example for a rulewise reflection would be to be able to choose a keyword between Mortal and Daemon and having different Sub-Alligiences for factions who do so. Daemon-Seraphon would be the one summoned and cast, freshly manifesting on the battlefield, Mortal ones could be ones that wander among the realms for quite a time, maybe were even born and not summoned. This would open up the lore to many cool stuff, internal tensions, veterans, rise of named characters, maybe even some tension between seraphon and slann reflected in a suballigience that don´t benefit Slann at all.

6 hours ago, Still-young said:

8457EDEF-916D-4BDB-9AC1-F55E97C2BAE6.jpeg

This is an old discussion, but honestly this doesn't resemble current Seraphon designs. Unless it's a brand new dino (which they don't really need but could be awesome) or the saurus are going to look completely different (which I wouldn't really be a fan of).

3 minutes ago, Blightzkrieg said:

This is an old discussion, but honestly this doesn't resemble current Seraphon designs. Unless it's a brand new dino (which they don't really need but could be awesome) or the saurus are going to look completely different (which I wouldn't really be a fan of).

It’s definitely not a Saurus, that’s too much detail for the size. It could very well not be seraphon, but I don’t think it’s too different to the Carnosaur and stuff to say it’s definitely not Seraphon. 

14 minutes ago, Still-young said:

It’s definitely not a Saurus, that’s too much detail for the size. It could very well not be seraphon, but I don’t think it’s too different to the Carnosaur and stuff to say it’s definitely not Seraphon. 

That practically been confirmed as exodite eldar raptor. They are fighting tau in the upcoming 40k awakening. Definitely not seraphon. 

So on the topic of Aelves, from what we know scattered in the lore, are Malerion's Aelves gonna be sinister and dark, just still aligned to Order? Do we have any hints in novels or tomes? I'm curious if they're just mist focused Aelves or actually dark sinister creatures.

Trying to work out if Malerion's Aelves are worth waiting for. If there's enough lore to tell me now, that could help me decide whether to start getting excited about Light Aelves or not. I'm looking for a hero army so maybe you guys know some lore that'll give me an idea.

5 minutes ago, Icegoat said:

That practically been confirmed as exodite eldar raptor. They are fighting tau in the upcoming 40k awakening. Definitely not seraphon. 

I'd do questionble things for real 40k Exodite faction, but I doubt their time has come yet. If they were preparing for a full faction release, there'd by some hype already, like they always do.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 minute ago, TheShogun said:

So on the topic of Aelves, from what we know scattered in the lore, are Malerion's Aelves gonna be sinister and dark, just still aligned to Order? Do we have any hints in novels or tomes? I'm curious if they're just mist focused Aelves or actually dark sinister creatures.

Trying to work out if Malerion's Aelves are worth waiting for. If there's enough lore to tell me now, that could help me decide whether to start getting excited about Light Aelves or not. I'm looking for a hero army so maybe you guys know some lore that'll give me an idea.

I think there are a few hints that malerion is creating some kind if monsters. I remember his creations being calles ‘majestic but terrible’ or something along thise lines. Also I think I recall a snippet about a monster escaping a fortress in the realm of shadow. Malerion is also depicted as a half-elf half-dragon creature. 

But I wouldn’t expect Malerion elves to drop anytime soon. Except if the light and shadow elves end up being the same army. But probably not.