The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, michu said:

What sense? What would GA: Aelves give us that GA: Order doesn't already? Order does not mean Sigmar's allies - Order means "I hate Chaos, Death and Destruction, and I want to build a civilisation". Aelves fit that description. It would be like adding 6th color to MtG - doable but what's the point? And do you really think that single species GA would be cool? 

It would give a lot to the narrative. Currently the lore calls tensions between different Order Factions (which is the lore for why order armies may fight against each other). Meanwhile, all Aelves we have (including Sylvaneth) show an exterme egoistic view on the things. We have lore that outright calls how unhappy Allarielle is with Sigmar. We know that Idoneth raid anything to gain souls. Moriathi...well, we all know her. In this point, an alliance of aelves would be great as it would allow gw to utilise different motifs for future lore. Sigmar (and so Stormcasts) may loose their leading role, something that a lot of people wished for a long time. Aelves meanwhile could turn into new big players.
It would also allow GA:Order to shrink so gw could introduce maybe some new human factions or similar, maybe giving "order" a new taint.

• Like 1

Seraphon don't really "follow" Sigmar either. They VERY much do their own thing that just happens to coincide with agreeing with Sigmar at the same time as both are opposed to Chaos. The Pestilens story (Legends of Sigmar Omnibus 1) shows this off really well.

I think its important to realise that the Grand Alliances are not alliances that you might envision were you playing a computer game, they are much more flexible and dynamic. Heck Death has Flesheaters who are utterly insane beyond even Nagash's ability to control. They very much do their own crazy thing; however they are undead which lumps them in with Death.

Order is just those factions that build settlements and take lands and oppose Chaos*. They have some common grounds within them, but they are fully able to have wars against each other. Even within a single racial faction there are plenty of civil war stories and competing tribes/temples/cities/fleets etc....

*Actually its more that they are sedentary cultures more than anything else, even that is fairly loose since Orruks WILL build fortresses and castles and establish long term settlements. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Charleston said:

It would give a lot to the narrative. Currently the lore calls tensions between different Order Factions (which is the lore for why order armies may fight against each other). Meanwhile, all Aelves we have (including Sylvaneth) show an exterme egoistic view on the things. We have lore that outright calls how unhappy Allarielle is with Sigmar. We know that Idoneth raid anything to gain souls. Moriathi...well, we all know her. In this point, an alliance of aelves would be great as it would allow gw to utilise different motifs for future lore. Sigmar (and so Stormcasts) may loose their leading role, something that a lot of people wished for a long time. Aelves meanwhile could turn into new big players.
It would also allow GA:Order to shrink so gw could introduce maybe some new human factions or similar, maybe giving "order" a new taint.

You still miss something - GA are artificial categories created for gameplay purpose. In-universe no one say "I'm from Order Alliance". It's not WoW. If you build civilisations, don't worship Chaos gods or Nagash then you represent Order even if you think that your beter than any other Order tribes.

Basically what I see is very aelvish thinking. "We are better ", "we should be separate".

• Like 7

Just now, calcysimon said:

Pointy elf dragon, since on the mini hat there are only 2 ornaments x side, not 3

Yeah I didnt say it is from this artwork, just it is similar design. Also this might be just artwork so it might be different then real model.

1 hour ago, HollowHills said:

More elves! YES!

Yes-yes, yes-Yes!!

mire meat tor the meatgrinder,

uhahahaha!!!

45 minutes ago, Mutton said:

Who wants to bet that following Wrath of the Everchosen we get another narrative book "Battle for Azyr" or some such for Destruction/Order, featuring Gordrak and his siege upon the walls of Heaven.

Unless they have some stories of the Verminus hordes of the under empire (and rules) I wouldn’t consider even touching the book.

but it does sound interesting from a lore perspective.

20 minutes ago, Rachmani said:

With how they approach aelves, I wouldn‘t be surprised (in the slightest) to see a third duardin faction, closest to the roots, following Valaya.

Oh Valaya's definitely going to show up with her own Dwarfs at some point, I'd put money on it. They'd have just said 'Nagash ate her fully in the End Times lmao' rather than just that he robbed (some of?) her power if they didn't plan to do something her, rather than being  MIA at present. 

I would not, however, put money on that happening anytime soon.

Now I think about it, Valaya's Light Dwarfs vs Malekith Malerion's Shadow Elves would make for a fun conflict and show some inter-GA strife.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

it will be cool to understand how the new elves have overcome the flaws inherent to both Idoneth and DoK

I'm rather looking forward to finding out what flaw they do have that Teclis hasn't spotted yet.  Probably a soul with no compassion; Teclis would never spot that.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Mutton said:

There a reason the Tzeentch/KO warscrolls still aren't up on the site?

I don't know, but it's keeping me back from placing an order. I really want to know how interesting the two box only characters are before I decide if and how many boxes to buy. Given Feast of Bones I'm not as worried about availability.

8 minutes ago, swarmofseals said:

I don't know, but it's keeping me back from placing an order. I really want to know how interesting the two box only characters are before I decide if and how many boxes to buy. Given Feast of Bones I'm not as worried about availability.

This review has the new scroll

https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/4364

Edited by Dodo

What this new years day announcement blatantly and obviously shows is that seraphon are going to be another one week release window battle tome with no endless spells and no faction terrain. GW do seem to actually be full on killing off the old army's now. Most won't reach 2021 of that I'm sure. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Icegoat said:

What this new years day announcement blatantly and obviously shows is that seraphon are going to be another one week release window battle tome with no endless spells and no faction terrain. GW do seem to actually be full on killing off the old army's now. Most won't reach 2021 of that I'm sure. 

I swear, you get better and better at this each time.

• Like 9
  • Haha 12

53 minutes ago, Icegoat said:

Let me guess, you’ve seen the numbers?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4