The Rumour Thread

Ah, Hysh Aelves, finally. Well I can certainly get my KO and extra deepkin shark and my Ogor Hunter/friends done before then. Just as long as they don't drop new Seraphon models on me immediately prior. Or after.

Edited by madmac
  • Like 1

Ohh they hired the Leviathan Warships trailer guy (ok not really but the same voice acting style)

Honestly REALLY happy to see this. It looks like GW is both creating a new army, but also going back to the roots for the new Light Aelves. I can bet a lot of high elf players are feeling rather happy that they might get to use their old models in a new line of war and if they've sold them off in a fit of sad rage; they can get really shiny really up to date new sculpts! 

Overall very nice news! Sure its not until Spring, but that fits with GW steadily teasing us with hints and trailer spoilers for a good few months until then, which fits well with how they typically release a fresh force. Hopefully they put a little more up front, I felt with Ossiarchs that they held back a little early on, which makes sense as it was a good sized, but not massive force so there was a limited range to show. But I think a bit more early on really gets people excited for the right things. 

Great news, very happy to hear about it. Shame there was no Seraphon news, but honestly I can't imagine that we'll have to wait long to hear about them. 

• Like 1

Would be cool if Aelves broke off from Order into their own Alligience.

By the way, I am currently not sure if I am amused by the new campaign book for chaos. Like, it took gw years to finaly do a StD battletome and now they just put it up and announce 1-2 months afterwards a campaign book that contains like the rest of the rules that should have beein in the StD book. I really feel somehow betrayed by this release politic~ They didn´t even released all stuff we have now rules for, but already tease us to buy a new book and ruleset. I really should have expected this after they did exactly the same to 40k chaos.

Nevertheless, the new announced models look once again fabulous. I am really curious about the Hyshian Aelves. With the current GW trend I also expect here some sort of mutation or downside to the faction.

Edit: Someone else thinking about how to misuse the statue of Celestine as a greater chaos daemon? I mean, come on, it would be a great base for a keeper of silence...or a female bloodthirster even

Edited by Charleston
  • Confused 3

I'd like it if Aelves were their own GA, I think it would make a lot of sense and be pretty cool. 

One big hope I have for this release is there is some kind of cool lore or interplay between these elves and the Idoneth. Afterall Teclis created both of them. Maybe a sub faction like the new KO one or cities where 1 in 4 units can be Idoneth or something. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Charleston said:

Would be cool if Aelves broke off from Order into their own Alligience.

1 minute ago, HollowHills said:

I'd like it if Aelves were their own GA, I think it would make a lot of sense and be pretty cool. 

What sense? What would GA: Aelves give us that GA: Order doesn't already? Order does not mean Sigmar's allies - Order means "I hate Chaos, Death and Destruction, and I want to build a civilisation". Aelves fit that description. It would be like adding 6th color to MtG - doable but what's the point? And do you really think that single species GA would be cool? 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

One big hope I have for this release is there is some kind of cool lore or interplay between these elves and the Idoneth. Afterall Teclis created both of them. Maybe a sub faction like the new KO one or cities where 1 in 4 units can be Idoneth or something. 

I'd suspect they'd hate each other no?

For the Deepkin the pointy boys would be a constant reminder of how Teclis failed them and doomed them to an existence clinging on to what little they do have in some of the most remote and inhospitable places in the Mortal Realms.

Pointy guys look down on Idoneth as a misshapen, malformed failure that only had value as a stepping stone  to their own creation. It's not like Elves in general have ever been particularly humble...

Just now, mojojojo101 said:

I'd suspect they'd hate each other no?

For the Deepkin the pointy boys would be a constant reminder of how Teclis failed them and doomed them to an existence clinging on to what little they do have in some of the most remote and inhospitable places in the Mortal Realms.

Pointy guys look down on Idoneth as a misshapen, malformed failure that only had value as a stepping stone  to their own creation. It's not like Elves in general have ever been particularly humble...

Yeah I previously thought they hated Teclis based on the battletome lore. 

The new Idoneth novel makes it seem like they have a much more favourable view of Teclis and Tyrion than I previously thought though. It makes it sound like they still structure most of their laws and teaching on what Tyrion and Teclis showed them. Plus they still worship the old Asur pantheon. So in that sense the new elves are likely to speak the same language, worship the same gods and have similar academic philosophy. Either way it will be cool to understand how the new elves have overcome the flaws inherent to both Idoneth and DoK.