The Rumour Thread

43 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

I don't think it's that easy to be honest. You / opponent have to cast 9 spells. That is likely going to take at least two battle rounds unless your opponent is also really casting heavy. 

Also unless the LoC gets a significant buff in combat then they aren't actually that scary to fight. They have very good casting, but adding one to your army means it can't know a lore spell. So it's only going to be shooting endless spells or warscroll spells. 

Lastly you also forgo being able to summon all other units. A lot of players would rather be able to summon some horrors onto an objective than get a LoC. Or do the old slaanesh trick of summoning a herald, who summons another herald and so on to get a back line objective. 

9 spells between two armies in one round (when one of them is Tzeentch) isn't hard to do right now, and I don't think it is going to be any more difficult once they allow Acolytes to cast spells and bring Tzeentch up to date with the casting of other armies.

I'm not sure why you think units added to your army can't learn spells from a lore, the FAQ is pretty clear that they do get to learn a spell.

The summoning restriction isnt that big of a deal since there are other ways to summon those units - the Gaunt Summoner from the Slaves to Darkness battletome comes to mind.

Lore FAQ.PNG

3 minutes ago, PJetski said:

9 spells between two armies in one round (when one of them is Tzeentch) isn't hard to do right now, and I don't think it is going to be any more difficult once they allow Acolytes to cast spells and bring Tzeentch up to date with the casting of other armies.

I'm not sure why you think units added to your army can't learn spells from a lore, the FAQ is pretty clear that they do get to learn a spell.

The summoning restriction isnt that big of a deal since there are other ways to summon those units - the Gaunt Summoner from the Slaves to Darkness battletome comes to mind.

Lore FAQ.PNG

Yup, I could see people spamming minimum units of kairic acolytes, that's if their points remain the same. 

10 minutes ago, shinros said:

Huh... It seems Kairic acolytes might be able to pick up a spell lore if they are wizards. Always been a fan of the models. 

I reckon it'll be like units like Evocators, when x number are still in the unit they're a wizard but just so they can unbind & cast their own unique spell, in this case Gestalt Sorcery, but not any others. Might not be the case but seems most likely to me. 

6 minutes ago, shinros said:

Yup, I could see people spamming minimum units of kairic acolytes, that's if their points remain the same. 

Only problem with that is that what's the min? 10? So lose just two models from the unit and you lose what Wizarding ability they have. Would be easy to quickly, if not neutralise them, at least make them much less effective.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Lore FAQ.PNG

45 minutes ago, Dreadmund said:

Good news! Summoned units gain a lore spell, as clarified in this designer's commentary.

56300-fcfddaee6ac57e7e611989fb25aa74ce.jpg

I missed that. I'm finding it pretty hard to keep up with all the faqs and rule changes. 

I still don't think that summoning in a loc is going to be broken. There may be other restrictions that apply to the sub faction too. You might have to take a command trait or artefact that isn't that great. 

6 minutes ago, JPjr said:

I reckon it'll be like units like Evocators, when x number are still in the unit they're a wizard but just so they can unbind & cast their own unique spell, in this case Gestalt Sorcery, but not any others. Might not be the case but seems most likely to me. 

Only problem with that is that what's the min? 10? So lose just two models from the unit and you lose what Wizarding ability they have. Would be easy to quickly, if not neutralise them, at least make them much less effective.

True, that's a good point. It would be fun if that was the case lol. 

29 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

I still don't think that summoning in a loc is going to be broken. There may be other restrictions that apply to the sub faction too. You might have to take a command trait or artefact that isn't that great. 

I'm not saying it will be overpowered, it could very well be total rubbish, but it's stupid to make it that easy to summon a 400 point mega wizard monster. Sometimes you just know something is going to be stupid even if it's not the best strategy in the game, like the Harvesters stacking in Bonereapers before the errata, or buying unlimited command points.

Edited by PJetski

14 minutes ago, PJetski said:

I'm not saying it will be overpowered, it could very well be total rubbish, but it's stupid to make it that easy to summon a 400 point mega wizard monster. Sometimes you just know something is going to be stupid even if it's not the best strategy in the game, like the Harvesters stacking in Bonereapers before the errata, or buying unlimited command points.

There is stupid and thematic (probably subjective where the line is)

haverster stacking stupid. Cabalists opening rifts to summon greater daemons super cool and thematic (to me)

but it reads more like it should be fluffy scenario rather than core rules 😂

Edited by Kramer
  • Like 2

Well, LoC being a super wizzy boy, I'm confident that having 2... at the start of the game is way better lol. Spaming spells is the way of tzeentch. Summoning troops like flamers, chariots or even better pink horrors while your tzangoors hold the fights. More spells is more fate point, and then spam more (no, I won't got to 30 to get one more LoC). The idea is to put annoying things everywhere, messing with enemy, slowing hime, marking victory points. Yeah, I like that!

I'll be pretty surprised if the LoC summoning faction ends up as the most competitive, mostly because it requires jumping through hoops and accepting restrictions for a payoff that is probably (barring warscroll changes) not that amazing.

I'm a lot more concerned, like @Frowny, about gaunt summoner spam. 

Depending on battalions though it might not be so bad as the list may be forced into pretty high drops and gets hard countered by anything that can project force on turn 1, particularly long range or deepstriking shooting.  CoS bridge lists, shooty living city, or builds with a bunch of shadow warriors will easily table a 6 gaunt list on turn 1 if Tzeentch can't keep their drops low.

If you aim to 20 Fate Points on turn 3, have also a Gaunt, you have 2 units of pink horrors as reinforcement, this is around 400pts and tanky things and also 2 aditional wizzards. 20 fate points means that you also have casted many spells, even several ES. This is a nice bunch of offensive things (even kind of artillery!).

I don't think that spammin gaunt to get pink is the way to go. The new caster+LoC+1 Gaunt is already nice: you get pink+ spawn for free almost immediatly. I'd probably go with 2 new guys spamming spawn hahahha

38 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

If you aim to 20 Fate Points on turn 3, have also a Gaunt, you have 2 units of pink horrors as reinforcement, this is around 400pts and tanky things and also 2 aditional wizzards. 20 fate points means that you also have casted many spells, even several ES. This is a nice bunch of offensive things (even kind of artillery!).

I don't think that spammin gaunt to get pink is the way to go. The new caster+LoC+1 Gaunt is already nice: you get pink+ spawn for free almost immediatly. I'd probably go with 2 new guys spamming spawn hahahha

Don’t forget kairos! Who currently also creates a spawn within 3” 😂

3 hours ago, Kramer said:

There is stupid and thematic (probably subjective where the line is)

haverster stacking stupid. Cabalists opening rifts to summon greater daemons super cool and thematic (to me)

but it reads more like it should be fluffy scenario rather than core rules 😂

It Will be more fluffy if the conjured LoC could be hostile to maybe a 1 on 1d6 and repeat failure each tiene representante efforts to submit the beast

• LOVE IT! 1

7 hours ago, Kronos said:

Might just be studio made scenery, but those are a lot of tentacles in the background of these shots.

Yeah unlike the Ossiarch Bonereaper castle, this one is clearly custom made.

I recognize the tentacle tips from the deathworld terrain kit (not sure that was it’s name), for 40K. The same kit that had the Spine Wrack and other oddshaped plants.

Edited by Greasygeek
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Kronos said:

Might just be studio made scenery, but those are a lot of tentacles in the background of these shots. 

8194656A-8180-43EB-B961-E69DD79A43F5.png

AB9AC3D3-8ED7-4771-A7DD-2AD30E7A1190.png

26FDD12D-694F-49C4-A023-5B77C3BF9255.png

Here’s some two screenshots that caught my eye in the video. 
left hand corner and second picture back ground. 
4CF31642-352B-4F65-8ED3-62E454AF21A9.jpeg.fd24f26453e4c96dda28d64e16620cb7.jpeg

0449B20E-D986-4D30-9A54-1886EFFF5917.jpeg.8b4c58386496dfeb771b769512ee2192.jpeg

Would make for an awesome AoS table. Never could have imagined this on the old world. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Again, im 99,9% sure these are studiomade. The staring rock thingy is easily made from Xps Foam a hint of greenstuff and a bead or two.

the other tentacle, the one with the white ribbed parts, Im pretty sure ive seen before, though I can’t recall where.

EDIT: think I found the tentacleowner🙂

D07579B4-2725-479F-8A90-62EF3D58362F.png

Edited by Greasygeek
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, Greasygeek said:

Again, im 99,9% sure these are studiomade. The staring rock thingy is easily made from Xps Foam a hint of greenstuff and a bead or two.

the other tentacle, the one with the white ribbed parts, Im pretty sure ive seen before, though I can’t recall where.

EDIT: think I found the tentacleowner🙂

D07579B4-2725-479F-8A90-62EF3D58362F.png

That's some good tentacles

Hmmm tentacles are pretty much the easiest thing to model there is. Not sure they'd even try to find some toy or kit with suitably large tentacles for the custom terrain. The Mutalith's tentacles are quite small for terrain... but maybe the Dark Aelves hydra kit (the alternate build option, Charybdis or something?) got used for some of the heads/ends.