The Rumour Thread

I was thinking since a while, especially while reading often about the "battleline tax" (replace with more convenient name) and the usual complain about "monster being pointed too high for how they perform", wouldn't be good to divide the units in roles, similar to how WFB did (infantry, cavalry, monsters, etc.) and have a 2 layers of pointing system where all monsters would be compared between themselves and then you can have to split your army in a certain percentage/portion of monsters/cavalry/whatever? 

This way you still keep more or less the artillery/behemoths limitations and your battlelines will be absorbed in the core infantry units/whatever they are called. Obviously this would make a bit more complex to create a list, but isn't building a list one of our favourite parts of the game?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Banshee1978 said:

Something tells me it will be hard to sell of the tzeench part of the upcoming box..

I think with KO being more uncommon and more unpopular in general, it will be harder to split a box with players.  You nearly always see Tzeentchian Armies at events, I can't remember the last time I saw a KO army on the table.

Doubt it will be hard to sell of any part of the box, especially with the new heroes in it and new books for both at the same time, so interest is peaking.

So far it is looking good for KO, there are some big changes already announced which should massively change how they play. Being able to use vessels as Garrisons and the vessels also being able to redeploy if not severely damaged, would in itself be a major change if nothing else was touched, but obviously a lot of things will get changed. They look to be so unique that a lot of players will probably gravitate towards them, as long as they are at least becoming average performing rather than dumpster tier army.

I really hope we get a faction focus article on Tzeentch today, just because it's getting tiresome reading all the speculation about how they've changed when nothing has been announced. Best one I've seen is "There will be no good ways to build Tzeentch with less than 5-6 drops". Based on absolutely no information, but presented as a cold hard fact lol.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Raviv said:

HOOO BOY The guild of Summoners is gonna be broken quickly. 9 fate points for a free chicken? Then still a heft discount at 18 for the second?!?!?

I know units are always within range of themselves, but does Locus of Change give -1 to hit on the daemon heroes as well?

Edited by SleeperAgent
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SleeperAgent said:

HOOO BOY The guild of Summoners is gonna be broken quickly. 9 fate points for a free chicken? Then still a heft discount at 18 for the second?!?!?

I know units are always within range of themselves, but does Locus of Change give -1 to hit on the daemon heroes as well?

Yes as written there, it seems all demon tzeentch heroes will also benefit from this themselves across the board. Some nices changes for Tzeentch players in there for sure just based on this teaser. Agendas sounds like a fun "minigame" to undertake and plan for, while also creating more options to plan with destiny dice which is very unqiuely tzeentch like.

10 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Don't forget Thousand Sons can use the Tzaangor units, so there's a potential extra market there.

The tzeench half is SUPERB and will have more succes than KO, which is a ONE army only. The tzeentch units here are indeed available to at least 3 armies, not even as ally: DoT, BoC and 40K TS. And you know what? They also are GOOD units in each army. So, I'm confident that they will have success.

I feel like you'll hit diminishing returns pretty quick mind, LoC are hardly combat or shooting powerhouses, and you can't cast the same spell twice (plus they are summoned after the hero phase.)  

Of course the new book may feature enough good spells or other supplementary rules to juice them up.

11 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

I feel like you'll hit diminishing returns pretty quick mind, LoC are hardly combat or shooting powerhouses, and you can't cast the same spell twice (plus they are summoned after the hero phase.)  

Of course the new book may feature enough good spells or other supplementary rules to juice them up.

In a perfect world, you can think that GW had the experience of multi respawn big guys in matched play games, especially with the recent Slanesh  non sense. They had it nerfed adjusted  in the recent FAQ. 

But we are not in a perfect world and it is very probable that the Fate Point cost will need some further adjustments. This is a tough thing to balance in conjunction to the whole system/book/unit point cost. The game is permanently EMPIRICALLY balanced. So, future will tell. BTW, I'm happy to see this army close to lore and different to other armies. Same goes for KO. 

Edited by GeneralZero
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

8 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

It says Kairic Acolytes are wizards as long as they have 9 or more models. And they can all cast Gestalt Sorcery on themselves.  This kinda juice is gonna be big. I assume they go up to 120 or 140 points.

It wouldn't surprise me if Lords of Change get a signature spell like Nagash - ergo one that they can cast over and over again. GW does seem REALLY keen to sell those big models en-mass. I just hope that Tzeentch doesn't end up like Slaanesh where lots of Lords of Change calling upon more is the best of the best by far. 

The new pink horrors are going to be surprisingly good.  You're looking at each pink horror being a 5 wound model.  So how does wound allocation work now?  Your opponent does 15 unsaved wounds to the unit.  First unsaved wound is applied and a pink horror splits into 2 blues.  Where does the 2nd unsaved wound go?  Does your opponent get to pick and put it on a pink?  Do you get to pick and put it on a blue?  Does it have to go somewhere and nobody gets to decide?

If blues and brimstones can die before pinks, or if all the pinks are wiped out, then if the standard is saved until last, you can spend one of your destiny dice with a 1 to get d6 more pinks with 5 wounds apiece (I guess)...

The key thing people forget is the points. Everything is broken at 1pt per model and terrible at 1000 pts. The worrying thing is we already know the points for the summoner on disk, and at 250 for him plus 10 horrors, which have the split built in, and who are themselves already useful casters, I think this book will be outrageously strong. 6 summoners on disks summoning 6 x10 horrors for 1500 points with what we already know for sure and was just confirmed brings 18 casts and 300 wounds, and still leaves you with 200 points of Battleline and 300points of endless spells. Very concerned there.... then throw in a free Lord of change on turn 1 and another one on turn 2. 

Worried...

• LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, PJetski said:

Adding two Lord of Change so easily to your army is guaranteed to be stupid in matched play

a704176c.jpg

I don't think it's that easy to be honest. You / opponent have to cast 9 spells. That is likely going to take at least two battle rounds unless your opponent is also really casting heavy. 

Also unless the LoC gets a significant buff in combat then they aren't actually that scary to fight. They have very good casting, but adding one to your army means it can't know a lore spell. So it's only going to be shooting endless spells or warscroll spells. 

Lastly you also forgo being able to summon all other units. A lot of players would rather be able to summon some horrors onto an objective than get a LoC. Or do the old slaanesh trick of summoning a herald, who summons another herald and so on to get a back line objective. 

• Thanks 3

47 minutes ago, Kronos said:

Might just be studio made scenery, but those are a lot of tentacles in the background of these shots. 

It's studio-made scenery.

I don't mean to be a grouch, but this conversation happens every time GW releases photos like this - people theorising objects in the background might be unannounced new stuff. If it was, GW would be putting it front-and-centre. It's always studio-made scenery. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Also unless the LoC gets a significant buff in combat then they aren't actually that scary to fight. They have very good casting, but adding one to your army means it can't know a lore spell. So it's only going to be shooting endless spells or warscroll spells. 

Good news! Summoned units gain a lore spell, as clarified in this designer's commentary.

56300-fcfddaee6ac57e7e611989fb25aa74ce.jpg

• Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 2