The Rumour Thread

4 hours ago, Storm said:

Not sure if anyone has already posted about this, but GW no longer sells 25mm round slot bases, which seems a bit strange to me given they still sell things that need them (there's still a few metal models here and there).

That's weird. Hopefully they'll still package them with stuff like Lord of the rings. Even if they don't have an independent pack on sale. At least slotta bases are pretty easy to find from other game companies if not.

1 hour ago, Greasygeek said:

Totally  this, but also, why is it only possible to buy mystical scenery dice with 6 out of 12 symbo options.

Im not saying that all factions should have access to everything, but the inconsistensies in the way they release stuff or update factions, gives me the vibe that GW has very little clue about what they are actually dooing. 

Why does (in)consistency knowing or not knowing what they’re doing?

are to change the angle. How does you not knowing all the variables equal them having ‘very little clue about what they are actually doing’

gw works models first. If there isn’t a model designed in time that is okay-ed. There is no released model. That’s a very sensible reason we just dint know about it. Working model first as they describe it in the podcasts and interviews means that they will build a new game around models, seems logical to me they also will release armies if no cool models are available to prevent waiting endlessly 

12 hours ago, robinlvalentine said:

Not a single part of your empire army was in Cities of Sigmar? 

Icegoat is overly negative. He/She cannot see the bright side of Cities.

While I agree about the handling of the culling, I don't agree that Cities is sure to be a dead end. GW will want to keep them on board at least until The Old World hits. After that, we'll see.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DarrinTheOccult said:

Somebody asked on their facebook page and they answered "similar to feast of bones probably"

WoW, that makes the box on the expensive side, it is the price of 2 SC. The KO side is pretty much similar to the KO SC. And the DoT side is weird with those flying DAEMONS in the middle of mortals. I wanted several boxes, now I'll just try to get 1, 2 top. BTW, I noticed that there are still some feast of bones boxes to sell.  That means that at this price point, the rush is not that big. Maybe GW will try a little lower price this time...

Well, i did the math, and the content prices (german numbers) equal out quite similar to feast of bones

FoB: 6 Gluttons (32,50€), 2 Leadbealchers 16,25€, Scraplauncher (32,50€) = 81,25€ + hero

Morghast (47€), Stalkers (40€), 10 Morteks (22,50€) = 109,50 + Hero

so FoB value is roughly 190€ + two heroes

Aether War:

6 Skyfires (65€), screamers (25€) = 90€ 

6 Riggers (65€), Gunhauler (40€) = 105€

so aether war comes to 195€ plus two heroes.

with this calculation i can totally see Aether war at the same price as Feast of Bones, on the other hand...Looncurses Sylvaneth half was also 98€+ hero...

14 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

WoW, that makes the box on the expensive side, it is the price of 2 SC. The KO side is pretty much similar to the KO SC. And the DoT side is weird with those flying DAEMONS in the middle of mortals. I wanted several boxes, now I'll just try to get 1, 2 top. BTW, I noticed that there are still some feast of bones boxes to sell.  That means that at this price point, the rush is not that big. Maybe GW will try a little lower price this time...

That's what I feared. The models included are quite overpriced in my opinion, so while there are some savings, they are a percentage of the price I was already not willing to pay.

The KO side of the box suffers from being pretty much the existing Start Collecting Box (Endrinmaster, Gunhauler, 3 balloon boys, 5 Thunderers) at possibly around the same price which is not a highly regarded package to start with.

I'm planning to get it, but only because I have a friend who plays Tzeentch, and I never bothered building any Skywardens, so it's not too too big a hit for the new hero.

36 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

And the DoT side is weird with those flying DAEMONS in the middle of mortals.

Don't forget anything on a disc of tzeentch has the DAEMON keyword as well so it's not that weird really. My guess is that the Magister on disc will be able to take spells from the daemon spell lore as well like the Tzaangor Shaman.

22 minutes ago, madmac said:

The KO side of the box suffers from being pretty much the existing Start Collecting Box (Endrinmaster, Gunhauler, 3 balloon boys, 5 Thunderers) at possibly around the same price which is not a highly regarded package to start with.

I'm planning to get it, but only because I have a friend who plays Tzeentch, and I never bothered building any Skywardens, so it's not too too big a hit for the new hero.

For me, the Start Collecting is more interesting than this box. Instead of the Thunderers (which I really like as models), we have another box of Edrinriggers, which are fun, but also a bit silly. The new hero is more interesting than a walking Edrinmaster, that I will gladly concede, but he's no Brokk Grungsson (which I think has a better design).

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

11 hours ago, Ogregut said:

Both Khorne and fyreslayers have priests.

CoS have empowered generic ones which makes sense as they have access to stormcast and sylvaneth ones.

Orukks not having them was a surprise.

Ok, opinions may differ on whether factions should all get xyz.

But, on the subject of someone being a good rumor source, did you look up the posting history? Bc it is more than just this one thing Whitefang has gotten correct.

5 hours ago, Greasygeek said:

GW has very little clue about what they are actually dooing. 

I know, right? I mean, their stock price has only doubled in the last year. Geeze! I wanted a 5x return on my investment but only doubled my money in a year. Clueless!

/s

Come on, guys. GW is the top of the heap in hobby gaming and are succeeding on just about any front you can measure. Them not releasing what you want when you want it does not make them clueless. Their growth and the confidence of their investors say more about them than the lack of a product here and there.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

16 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

I know, right? I mean, their stock price has only doubled in the last year. Geeze! I wanted a 5x return on my investment but only doubled my money in a year. Clueless!

/s

Come on, guys. GW is the top of the heap in hobby gaming and are succeeding on just about any front you can measure. Them not releasing what you want when you want it does not make them clueless. Their growth and the confidence of their investors say more about them than the lack of a product here and there.

they have have a stock price revival and LOTS of content. Those are tied to each other. But 2019 was a poor year for the quality of their content. They put out twice as many books for Age of Sigmar as the previous year and the majority of them had basic grammatical errors, spelling errors, contradicting rules, rules that are unclear, unuseable etc.. A book cannot be considered "released" until 2 weeks AFTER waiting for a FAQ... which sometimes is incomplete itself or requires another FAQ. Why would I buy warscroll cards when the information printed on them is no longer current 2 weeks after? And when those FAQs come out, they cant be trusted to upload a group of PDFs properly... a company trading stock with the public. 

So yes their shareholders are doing great, but I have little faith their future releases will be up to par with the quality I come to expect. 

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

40 minutes ago, Austin said:

Ok, opinions may differ on whether factions should all get xyz.

But, on the subject of someone being a good rumor source, did you look up the posting history? Bc it is more than just this one thing Whitefang has gotten correct.

I've seen only educated guesses and wide net casting. If I were privy to information, I know I wouldn't breathe a word as I wouldn't want to endanger the position.

But for all I know it's actually Jervis Johnson giving out tidbits lol

56 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

/s

GW makes great models, and their business is doing well. Nobody disputes that, and to imply that they can do no wrong because their stock price is high is... well, I don't want to get rapped on the knuckles for being impolite. The fact that there is such a seemingly scattershot approach (and without any sort of explanation as to why) to which armies get which updates is what drives frustration. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Kirjava13 said:

GW makes great models, and their business is doing well. Nobody disputes that, and to imply that they can do no wrong because their stock price is high is... well, I don't want to get rapped on the knuckles for being impolite.

Perhaps, but there is quite a bit of difference between what you describe, and "GW HAS NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE DOING!!!!"

• Like 6

1 hour ago, mikethefish said:

Perhaps, but there is quite a bit of difference between what you describe, and "GW HAS NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE DOING!!!!"

People love the warhammer universe.  People love the quality of the models they put out and continually improve.  This year, they even suddenly realised that maybe it would be a good idea if they started actually handing out rules for their factions - which is great.

For book quality control, rules, process regulation and communications, (anything other than new models / arts), they really do not have any idea what they are doing.   Their release schedule has been an absolute mess.  They push out books with expensive limited editions that very consistently have not been edited properly.  We've seen outdated versions of warscrolls left for months at a time on their website conflicting with their phone app since they do not push batch updates properly. They consistently put out rules that contradict their own rules (sometimes without even updating the FAQs for a very long time) or create new issues for the game immediately noticeable by half the community, but is locked in for the better part of a year at minimum.  There are factions with 2019 winter FAQ on their site right now that have been HALF updated, half the info is outdated and the date in the title is wrong.  That's nothing in comparison to literally publishing books with typos IN THE TITLE, but GW has done that as well.

tl;dr, GW has been very good at min-maxing their profits but they cut corners to achieve this, forgoing quality control, process regulation, etc... it shows with their releases.

Edited by Zanzou
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mikethefish said:

Hey, I'm not saying the sky is falling. But the reductio ad absurdum in the quote I posted got under my skin.

It is frustrating to have very legitimate reasons to be irritated (in the hobby sense- it's not like there being no Kharadron endless spells is that big a deal, and I doubt outside this forum anything but a tiny minority get actually upset about it) and for people to come back with this sort of, "hey, be grateful for the scraps you did get!" reaction. Why shouldn't Orruk players be annoyed that they were denied the extra toys a lot of other factions got, especially when there is no communication about the absences? Why shouldn't Kharadron players feel a bit aggrieved that, after a year and a half of rules obsolescence, their release doesn't even warrant a dice set while Tzeentch gets their second?

2 hours ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

2019 was a poor year for the quality of their content. They put out twice as many books for Age of Sigmar as the previous year and the majority of them had basic grammatical errors, spelling errors, contradicting rules, rules that are unclear, unuseable etc.. A book cannot be considered "released" until 2 weeks AFTER waiting for a FAQ... which sometimes is incomplete itself or requires another FAQ. Why would I buy warscroll cards when the information printed on them is no longer current 2 weeks after? And when those FAQs come out, they cant be trusted to upload a group of PDFs properly... a company trading stock with the public. 

I could not disagree stronger. 

2019 has seen the best battletomes ever, with the best fiction and lore in them since AoS began, the most flavourful and well written rules in them since AoS began and the clearest rules since AoS began. 

And of top of that, they've upped their response time for Faqs and errata - which is a Good Thing. 

• Like 16