The Rumour Thread

You don't want scenery. It's a pain in the ****** to take to shops and clubs, it isn't as fun to paint as normal models and it adds a mandatory monetary cost to your army. Also most (admittedly not all) faction endless spells aren't great rules wise. 

Dice are a nice collection item, so I can see that as frustrating. Did they get dice at the previous release? 

At the end of the day the only thing that matters is if the rules are good. Then you can finally enjoy your army. 

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

You don't want scenery. It's a pain in the ****** to take to shops and clubs, it isn't as fun to paint as normal models and it adds a mandatory monetary cost to your army. Also most (admittedly not all) faction endless spells aren't great rules wise. 

Dice are a nice collection item, so I can see that as frustrating. Did they get dice at the previous release? 

At the end of the day the only thing that matters is if the rules are good. Then you can finally enjoy your army. 

No dice last time. 

It's more the frustrating irregularity of it. Why do Fyreslayers get terrain and not Tzeentch? Why do Blades of Khorne get endless spells and not Orruks? Why do Hedonites of Slaanesh get a new unit range while Skaven get one model? Why do Mawtribes get dice and not Kharadron Overlords?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I am with karadron players,seems odd that almost everyone get endless spells and\or terain but some not.

But think that allways can be worse,karadrons got one new hero thats better than city of sigmar armys that got 0 new units,no terain,no endless spells and got deleted as 10+ units.

• Like 1

Kharadron overlord players should he overwhelmingly delighted with this release. My empire/freeguild army of over a decade is slowly being pulled apart and chopped into pieces by GW and they don't even have the decency to update a single part of the army. 

For the time being kharadron aren't going to be squatted at least. My army faces oblivion in the very near future. So yes kharadron players rejoyce your army isn't a walking corpse of disinterest and compromise quite yet.

Continue having slow sales and very poor tabletop and tournament representation and we shall see though. 

• Confused 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 minutes ago, Icegoat said:

Kharadron overlord players should he overwhelmingly delighted with this release. My empire/freeguild army of over a decade is slowly being pulled apart and chopped into pieces by GW and they don't even have the decency to update a single part of the army. 

For the time being kharadron aren't going to be squatted at least. My army faces oblivion in the very near future. So yes kharadron players rejoyce your army isn't a walking corpse of disinterest and compromise quite yet.

Continue having slow sales and very poor tabletop and tournament representation and we shall see though. 

Not a single part of your empire army was in Cities of Sigmar? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Icegoat said:

That's because KO are a real aos army whereas freeguild are leftovers. Anyone playing those left over armies should be grateful they are supported at all. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Kirjava13 said:

It's more the frustrating irregularity of it. Why do Fyreslayers get terrain and not Tzeentch? Why do Blades of Khorne get endless spells and not Orruks? Why do Hedonites of Slaanesh get a new unit range while Skaven get one model? Why do Mawtribes get dice and not Kharadron Overlords?

The rhyme and reason to it is simple. Does a designer have a cool concept. GW works model first. So no cool model means no forcing of the rules. And all the better for it. 

• Like 3

If GW don´t lock the endless spells behind the 'disciples of tzeentch' alligience or keyword, than STD have access to thoose spells if using a Sorcerer with the Mark of Tzeentch. Which is quite a cool addition in my opinion. Otherwise an ally is needed, which isn´t a big hurt anyway. I hope GW keeps the book to go for TZEENTCH Units and not for DICIPLES OF TZEENTCH Units

All this Endless Spell/faction terrain stuff seems like it was a bit of an experiment on GW's part to be honest - simpler models made in China, allowing them to compensate a bit for their limited production capacity, plus an attempt to create a new type of product (Endless Spells) and find a way to get people buying a type of product that typically doesn't sell that well (terrain). 

I think it's a mistake to assume GW always has some grand and firmly planned out strategy. Endless Spells and faction terrain seem inconsistent and scattershot because... well, they are. They're GW trying something out and seeing what works and what doesn't. 

Keep in mind as well that GW thinks almost 100% minis first, rules second. There'll never be a rules reason that justifies something existing or not existing - rightly or wrongly, the rules are an afterthought, written after the models are already finalised to give you something to do with them. 

• Like 8

On 12/25/2019 at 7:27 PM, Whitefang said:

Now it’s safe to say we can expect endless spells for Tz

However sadly there maybe not so much for KO…

Can we finally acknowledge at the close of the year that we actually have a true rumor source?

In the long and time honored line of Hastings, Atia, and now King Whitefang First of His/Her Name!

19 minutes ago, Austin said:

Can we finally acknowledge at the close of the year that we actually have a true rumor source?

In the long and time honored line of Hastings, Atia, and now King Whitefang First of His/Her Name!

Wasn't that big a stretch to assume. Tzeench being a magic heavy army and ko not having any mages or priests.

Most rumour sources are guesswork as I doubt anyone in the know would jeopardize their position.

4 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Wasn't that big a stretch to assume. Tzeench being a magic heavy army and ko not having any mages or priests.

Most rumour sources are guesswork as I doubt anyone in the know would jeopardize their position.

Just take a moment, and look back through the posting history of Whitefang.  

I mean I could mention that both Khorne and Fyreslayers got endless 'spells'.  But, that is really not the point.  Just take a look back.  

10 hours ago, Kramer said:

The rhyme and reason to it is simple. Does a designer have a cool concept. GW works model first. So no cool model means no forcing of the rules. And all the better for it. 

If none of their designers could come up with cool ideas for Orruk, Cities, Ogor or Kharadron endless spells then they're... well, not very creative. 

Edited by Kirjava13
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Austin said:

Just take a moment, and look back through the posting history of Whitefang.  

I mean I could mention that both Khorne and Fyreslayers got endless 'spells'.  But, that is really not the point.  Just take a look back.  

Both Khorne and fyreslayers have priests.

CoS have empowered generic ones which makes sense as they have access to stormcast and sylvaneth ones.

Orukks not having them was a surprise.

1 hour ago, Ogregut said:

Orukks not having them was a surprise.

What do Orruks need priests for?  They already have Shaman, who are seen as channelling the power of Gork (or Mork) and their God's message is pretty obvious even to an Orruk.  They had the energy of the Waaagh given proper meaning in the Battletome;  They didn't need the intervention of priests or terrain  or endless spells to generate it for them.

20 minutes ago, Aelfric said:

What do Orruks need priests for?  They already have Shaman, who are seen as channelling the power of Gork (or Mork) and their God's message is pretty obvious even to an Orruk.  They had the energy of the Waaagh given proper meaning in the Battletome;  They didn't need the intervention of priests or terrain  or endless spells to generate it for them.

I meant orruks not having endless spells was a surprise to me. As they have shamans and docs.

Not fussed they don't, my ironjaws prefer a good scrap than all this magic nonsense!!!

• Like 2

The biggest problem with KO right now is the lack of battleline options. If the new book makes thunderers, endrinriggers and gunhaulers conditional battleline then we could have a very exciting book with lots of different builds. If we are stuck with the arkanaut company as the only battline, I will join in the complaints. 

9 hours ago, Kirjava13 said:

Totally  this, but also, why is it only possible to buy mystical scenery dice with 6 out of 12 symbo options.

Im not saying that all factions should have access to everything, but the inconsistensies in the way they release stuff or update factions, gives me the vibe that GW has very little clue about what they are actually dooing. 

• Like 1