The Rumour Thread

13 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

New army 2020. What you guys will you start in 2020? For me, my brain yells "go back to your pile of shame!" but my heart sings " more plastic more plastic!" . I think that I'll stick to ONE armys (from my PoS - Pile of Shame) and try to make it to completion. Probably LoN...or Tzaangors, or StD....or FEC or Ogors....fock, can't decide.🤪

For me, it's a foray into Kharadron Overlords (to round out my TE army), and a smattering of other models to pester my d&d party (possibly somewhat Tzeenchy, though I think the battlebox will be overpriced for my taste).

Edited by zilberfrid

2020 is going to be the year I demonstrate to myself that I can accomplish something and get this limited Chaos Undivided army built and painted in a slow-grow way, in 100% complete stages before anything gets added. I will not grow my shame pile. I will not. 

I might a little bit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

New army 2020. What you guys will you start in 2020? For me, my brain yells "go back to your pile of shame!" but my heart sings " more plastic more plastic!" . I think that I'll stick to ONE armys (from my PoS - Pile of Shame) and try to make it to completion. Probably LoN...or Tzaangors, or StD....or FEC or Ogors....fock, can't decide.🤪

I've managed to get most of my armies finished this year, as long as we don't talk about basing. I expect I'll spend maybe a month updating my KO army with the new boxset and then whatever Seraphon brings.

After that I just have my larval CoS army to work on, and honestly that army quickly becomes a placeholder in the event Light Aelves and/or Kurnothi get unvealed, so I await new army announcements in 2020 with great anticipation.

Mind you I'm just about at capacity for new armies anyway, I have no delusions that I'll be able to resist shiny new aelves unless I really dislike the models for some reason, but space is becoming a premium.  I may end up selling off my Stormcast regardless, but we'll see.

No new armies. I've just started Tyranids this year, and have lots of Ghosts, Elves and Goblins still to paint. Plus its about time my hobby focus swung back to Lord of the Rings, after a couple of years of being heavily into AoS, and mildly into 40K. What I might do though is try to complete a couple of collections, where I'm just one or two models away from having everything.

The 2020 schedule will be the big deciding factor though. If it is mostly rolling updates like the Psychic stuff then I probably won't be too tempted, if there end up being a big model release for an army I collect then that might change things, particularly if I've just finished the collection, and then they bring out new stuff!

It feels like we don't really have much of a solid idea of what is coming next. Whatever happens I'd expect a fair bit of stuff to appear out of the blue, unexpectedly

• Like 1

Can't wait for Malerion Aelves but I doubt they're coming anytime soon. So I think will start Light Aelves anytime the are released. 

Finished big Bonereapers army to go along with my DoK and Deepkin, and already got myself two Sisters of Battle Boxes so surely will buy minimum 3000 points army  of them. 

But please give me Malerion Aelves now ! 

• LOVE IT! 1

Surley Kurnothi can’t be too far away. If they redo an Orion inspired model its going to be difficult to resist these Not beastmen-beastmen. Hope we see something for them in the first quarter, but then the Warqueen was released and nothing followed darkoath for a very very long time. 

I don't think you can take it as a certainty that a Kurnothi army is coming. Do you also think a goblin wolf rider army is on the way? And as Kronos says, the Darkoath never materialised. It seems to me that the Underworlds armies are like concept pieces - some of them relate to upcoming armies, some to existing armies, some to old armies that aren't even in AOS anymore, and some to little experiments that might never be armies. You can't take every single one as an omen of more to come. 

Edited by robinlvalentine
  • Like 7

On 12/24/2019 at 8:52 AM, JackStreicher said:

Looks like he‘s standing on a ammunition cache - no AoS

People keep saying this, but all I see is boot. Looks like a boot with something attached under it, like some metal cleats for walking on ice, which ah ogor hunter could definitely need. You can tell the open space is still part of the boot because of the square bits with the rivets, some go below what people are mistaking for the bottom of the boot.

26 minutes ago, skeen77 said:

People keep saying this, but all I see is boot. Looks like a boot with something attached under it, like some metal cleats for walking on ice, which ah ogor hunter could definitely need. You can tell the open space is still part of the boot because of the square bits with the rivets, some go below what people are mistaking for the bottom of the boot.

55F1430E-7266-4C47-BE2F-61787FB45684.jpeg.fc835b468d81a16d936f96d7509a2d76.jpeg

I REALLY doubt that‘s not a bullet.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, robinlvalentine said:

I don't think you can take it as a certainty that a Kurnothi army is coming. Do you also think a goblin wolf rider army is on the way? And as Kronos says, the Darkoath never materialised. It seems to me that the Underworlds armies are like concept pieces - some of them relate to upcoming armies, some to existing armies, some to old armies that aren't even in AOS anymore, and some to little experiments that might never be armies. You can't take every single one as an omen of more to come. 

There's an Interview from somewhere about a year back where a designer says explicitly that Shadespire gangs (up to that point at least) are as you say, a chance to flex creative muscles and play with ideas. He said that Designers enjoy the opportunity to nail a race or theme across a limited scope,  really double down on the essence of what they represent. If I remember correctly the guy was saying that the easy fit Castigators were originally designed with Shadespire in mind (hence the Griffhound)  but were turned into an AOS unit due to how striking their war band was. 

If you look at the pattern of AOS releases following Shadespire I think it's only Grots (and a Troggoth) who came before their main faction. 

• Like 1