The Rumour Thread

8 minutes ago, Joseph Mackay said:

I think looking at the Shadowspear box gives us a clue as to how the limited hero models will be released, new Start Collecting boxes

it makes sense that gw might want to take out the Zombie Dragon from the current Flesh Eaters box as I imagine hardly anyone buys the individual model anymore, same with Sylvaneth and the Treelord. Gloomspite Gits still need a Start Collecting box anyway so that makes sense as well

I think the bigger issue for some Start collecting boxes is the sprues that have wierd unit sizes in. 

Sylvaneth for instance, the 16 dryads is odd in the current context. I wonder if they would ever consider reboxing them with 1 extra sprue so there is 20 in a box ( cant remember exactly how the sprues are laid out to be fair).

From the open day, for AoS I'd like to see a tease, if not a full scale reveal for Seraphon and the, most importantly, a sort of statement on how the want to move the model range / game forward.

13 minutes ago, Joseph Mackay said:

I think looking at the Shadowspear box gives us a clue as to how the limited hero models will be released, new Start Collecting boxes

it makes sense that gw might want to take out the Zombie Dragon from the current Flesh Eaters box as I imagine hardly anyone buys the individual model anymore, same with Sylvaneth and the Treelord. Gloomspite Gits still need a Start Collecting box anyway so that makes sense as well

That would be a good idea but would also diminish a lot the value of boxes after the first one especially for certain armies 

Just now, mojojojo101 said:

I think the bigger issue for some Start collecting boxes is the sprues that have wierd unit sizes in. 

Sylvaneth for instance, the 16 dryads is odd in the current context. I wonder if they would ever consider reboxing them with 1 extra sprue so there is 20 in a box ( cant remember exactly how the sprues are laid out to be fair).

From the open day, for AoS I'd like to see a tease, if not a full scale reveal for Seraphon and the, most importantly, a sort of statement on how the want to move the model range / game forward.

If they were to add another sprue of dryads the box would become a size thicker, which has other stocking/storage issues.

25 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

Oops you are right I was sure was AoS only... now that ticket and the 2h drive assume much less value to me... oh well...

I mean it's still going to be a fun time, right?  I don't really play 40k either, but I still like to keep abreast of what's going on.

And the drive?  Pshaw - just grab a few podcasts, you'll be fine :)

5 minutes ago, mikethefish said:

I mean it's still going to be a fun time, right?  I don't really play 40k either, but I still like to keep abreast of what's going on.

And the drive?  Pshaw - just grab a few podcasts, you'll be fine :)

Yeah it’s always a blast but I was really hoping to go there to see an AoS “show”

I guess worst case I’ll just have a chat with the staff speaking of how much they are not showing us of AoS 😂

46 minutes ago, Joseph Mackay said:

I don't think Shadowspear is applicable here. The reason that Shadowspear is broken up into start collecting is that it's shared sprue starter set(but luckily there were no shared sprues between factions) and the only way to release those models together was in a start collecting. They did the first think with the original AoS starter being broken down into Start Collecting Goreblad warband and thunderstike brotherhood and there's probably a non-zero chance we'll see a similar start collecting death guard and a start collecting primaris when Dark Imperium is superceded if/when 9th ed 40k gets a new starter box and we may even see a start collecting Nighthaunt and sacrosanct once Soul Wars is replaced. That being said, these recent starter boxes, the new hereos have all been on their own sprues and packaged with existing retail models. The Blightwar and Wake the Dead boxes are much more like these AoS boxes we've seen this past year as they have existing units with new heroes and they did eventually see the heroes release, GW just doesn't seem to be in much of a rush.

At this point I just can't guess at a motivation by GW to hold the models back. It would at least make sense if the box sets weren't limited and they were holding the models hostage to push box sales. Unless that's is ultimately what they're doing except in a more sinister way where they don't actually sell the boxes very long, and they're creating this uncertainly about when or if these heroes will ever be released so people will snap up boxes they don't want or need because they don't know if that model will ever be available as a way to guarantee their box sets sell out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

40k: Saga of the Beast preview, maybe a model.

AoS: Seraphon Battletome reveal.

WarCry: Spire Tyrants and maybe Scions.

Underworlds: Daughters of Khaine/Maggotkin Warband reveals.

Nercromunda: Standalone Subjugator/Corpse Cult boxes.

Additional: This year's store anniversary Stormcast/Primaris.

We better see those Scions soon.........urge to Warcry rising........

Also curious to see if we see an Underworlds reveal and what the warband will look like. Only one I'm not really excited to see are the Nurgle one because GW is way too one-dimensional with Nurgle sculpts (large bloated model with guts spilling out with a sores on them.......sums up about every Nurgle model for the last 15 years).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Whitefang said:

Don’t expect scions of flame in half an year I’d say…

Eh, we have a rumor engine from August that belongs to them, they have been teased since August in the Warcry core rulebook and we are almost certainly getting Spire Tyrants in January. I'm thinking Scions will most likely be a Q1 release.....likely March. I imagine the original plan was to release them and the Spire Tyrants at the same time but production complications or manufacturing capability slowed them down.

7 hours ago, Sabotage! said:

Eh, we have a rumor engine from August that belongs to them, they have been teased since August in the Warcry core rulebook and we are almost certainly getting Spire Tyrants in January. I'm thinking Scions will most likely be a Q1 release.....likely March. I imagine the original plan was to release them and the Spire Tyrants at the same time but production complications or manufacturing capability slowed them down.

My guess is that they will be in the next Warcry starter set. So not soon-ish.

58 minutes ago, Hoseman said:

Maybe the next warcry is not set for chaos warbands and ir open to other realms... 

I think this is probably what will happen. The design team originally said that there would be later Warcraft boxes focused on non-Chaos factions when a large portion of the community complained about the game being Chaos only. Enough people complained about it that GW rushed some factions out the door so people could use non-Chaos stuff, but I don’t think that was their original plan. I think each version of Warcry was supposed to focus on a different conflict, and not all of them were supposed to be set in the eightpoints.

1 hour ago, Sabotage! said:

I think this is probably what will happen. The design team originally said that there would be later Warcraft boxes focused on non-Chaos factions when a large portion of the community complained about the game being Chaos only. Enough people complained about it that GW rushed some factions out the door so people could use non-Chaos stuff, but I don’t think that was their original plan. I think each version of Warcry was supposed to focus on a different conflict, and not all of them were supposed to be set in the eightpoints.

I agree. As much as the concept of Warcry is Chaos focused, I can't imagine GW putting out three years of new Chaos Warbands/supplements for it.  Makes a lot more sense to round out the 8 Points with the next two Chaos Factions/Monsters and then announce a new starter box/scenario with a different location and focus.

Edited by madmac

16 minutes ago, madmac said:

I agree. As much as the concept of Warcry is Chaos focused, I can't imagine GW putting out three years of new Chaos Warbands/supplements for it.  Makes a lot more sense to round out the 8 Points with the next two Chaos Factions/Monsters and then announce a new starter box/sense with a different location and focus.

I think GW saw how far they could drag out the Kill Team releases and are seeing if they can do it even more with WarCry.

The release schedule for 2020 (and possibly 2021)  is set in stone already and would have been for quite a while so when the scions come out have been determined long ago.

Just from a logistic point of view they need to know when to distribute items worldwide, production schedule and so forth.

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Ogregut said:

The release schedule for 2020 (and possibly 2021)  is set in stone already and would have been for quite a while so when the scions come out have been determined long ago.

Just from a logistic point of view they need to know when to distribute items worldwide, production schedule and so forth.

In a perfect world yes, but very few companies can keep perfect production schedule due to a large variety of reasons, often outside of their control (shipping, supplies, etc). That’s why most companies have release dates of Q1 2020 or Summer 2020 until they are very close to the release date and they have everything they can possibly control in place. That all said, GW probably has a rough date in place for the Scions.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Raviv said:

Rumour has it that the new Tzeentch vs. KO box and the new battletomes will be up for preorder on 4/1. If that's correct, we'll see them as soon as this Sunday on the "Next Week" article.

The article did have this line:

Expect to see more on these in the next few days (just as planned).

So, based off that and the announcement-preorder time for some of the Primaris. Preorder on the 01/04 plausible.

• Like 1

New army 2020. What you guys will you start in 2020? For me, my brain yells "go back to your pile of shame!" but my heart sings " more plastic more plastic!" . I think that I'll stick to ONE armys (from my PoS - Pile of Shame) and try to make it to completion. Probably LoN...or Tzaangors, or StD....or FEC or Ogors....fock, can't decide.🤪