The Rumour Thread

15 minutes ago, Spiky Norman said:

Sorry, seems it messed up and posted it a couple of times, and now I cannot find a way to delete the excess posts?

Maybe a mod can help out? :-)

Yeah my phone just had a meltdown with the notifications haha!

Yeah the price point seems pretty high. Im sure someone out there with very deep pockets will make beautiful centrepiece/diorama out of it though

So it seems that next week we will get a combo box of aetherwings and raptors. Rob talked about on warhammer live and the pic of the raptors on the app has 3 aetherwings in the background. That seems like a pretty minimal release. This week we got 2 Stormcast boxes, warhammer quest and slambo. Last week was the Stormcast book, cards, 2 units and death world scenery. 

We must be getting something else next week.

Edited by Chikout

So I've been arranging my chaos models today to fit some new purchases in an I couldn't help notice how much the new tzeentch head looks like the one on archaon mount .

Does this mean we've seen a preview of what the new GUO will look like when it's announced?

And considering how much alike the tzeentch head is, does this mean they've already made a mould for the GUO 

Screenshot_20170219-003514.png

Screenshot_20170219-003554.png

Screenshot_20170219-003708.png

Edited by Arkiham

6 hours ago, Arkiham said:

So I've been arranging my chaos models today to fit some new purchases in an I couldn't help notice how much the new tzeentch head looks like the one on archaon mount .

Does this mean we've seen a preview of what the new GUO will look like when it's announced?

And considering how much alike the tzeentch head is, does this mean they've already made a mould for the GUO 

What it means is that they have a library of CAD elements for Tzeentch that they reuse and modify for different models. So the new Tzeentch head is most likely based on the same template as the Archaon head, modified slightly. It doesn't indicate they're doing any other greater demons, and in the case of Nurgle we know that the Glottkin was supposed to be a GUO at first. So I don't think we'll see a new one anytime soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Karchev23 said:

Soooooo anything else on the Steamhead Rumours? Slaaneshi Aelves? DEATH?! Come ooon we've had Stormcast now gimme more GIMME!!

Well if you follow how the releases have gone this year theyve  done 1 week at the beginning of the month 40k (gathering storm) then the other 3 weeks aos releases. I think we will probably see that in march as well

6 hours ago, Nevvermore said:

we know that the Glottkin was supposed to be a GUO at first. So I don't think we'll see a new one anytime soon.

No we don't.  That's is just a thing people started saying, because there have been rumors about a new set of greater daemons for a long time. 

Edited by daedalus81
  • Like 1

New post from warhammer community. 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/02/19/closer-look-the-city/

It's a closer look at the city. 

We first saw the Free Cities of Sigmar emerge during the Season of War campaign last summer. Sigmar’s forces won decisive victories across the realms, and as a result, the the cities of the Free People were able to grow in the regions recently cleared of Chaos forces. We’re now a bit further down the timeline of the Age of Sigmar, and we find ourselves in perhaps the greatest of all Order’s new bastions: the twin-tailed city of Hammerhal.

Why Twin-tailed? Because it sits on a Realmgate connecting the two realms of verdant Ghyran and ash-choked Aqshy. Lava from the Realm of Fire pours constantly through the rift, burning away the ever-regrowing forest in the Life-bound half of the city and keeping the flora from overgrowing the city limits. As you can already see – this is a far more unusual and fantastical city than even the most bizarre from the World That Was.

This was one of the first cities to be established in the realms, at a vital trading point and strategic location, so it has grown to be one of the largest. The sprawl of the city can be seen best in the maps that are included in the Warhammer Quest: Shadows over Hammerhal Adventure Book.

There is a great map of Hammerhal Aqsha (the half of the city in the Realm of Fire) and a close up inset of the Cinderfall District within it. Cinderfall is where much of the above-ground action in the game takes place (the city is so big, we explore just a tiny fraction of it in this adventure).

Also in this book, and accompanying the thirty pages describing the quest’s backstory, are numerous illustrations of the city. These range from grand Sigmarite cathedrals to warrens of houses and dwellings among great statues of the God-King and his celestial champions. Many of these images are reminiscent of cities from the Old World, but with a more expansive, grander and fantastical aspect that sets them firmly within the Mortal Realms.

HammerhalAqshaMapContent.jpg

HammerhalSketches1Content.jpg

HammerhalSketches2Content.jpg

HammerhalGateContent.jpg

• Like 7

This looks very Planescape (D&D).

Not a bad thing at all, and logical considering both tackle a similar Concept (Planar towns where worlds collide) and propably share inspiration material, like this: https://www.google.de/search?q=carceri+Giovanni+Battista+Piranesi&biw=1024&bih=674&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiI_rbPsp3SAhVcFMAKHRsQC-wQ_AUIBigB

• Like 2

On 19/02/2017 at 0:37 AM, Arkiham said:

GW does all of their sculpting digitally now, so it's more likely they grabbed the Tzeentch head from Archaon when they made the Lord of Change.