The Rumour Thread

Reckon it'd be a safe bet that the new Endrinmaster with Dirigible Suit will make Endrinriggers battleline if you take it as your general? That would basically fix one of my main complaints with the army if so, don't get me wrong I like Arkanaut Companies but I also like having options.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Now it’s safe to say we can expect endless spells for Tz

However sadly there maybe not so much for KO…

Sad.  I really like the KO, but outside of a few boxes of Thunderers and a Gunhauler I’ve been holding off to see if they get just about couple more units before making the serious plunge. 

3 minutes ago, silverstu said:

Really looking forward to the new KO - glad there is a new balloon toting hero - just need to find someone to take the Tzeentch stuff. Hope the odd shaped balloon is something new - it looks more manufactured rather than custom built - maybe a new terrain piece for KO?

Im hoping KO get a sky fortress terrain piece. That way it can basically be setup anywhere but has minimal impact on the table space.

1 hour ago, Gecktron said:

Maybe? There was this thing in the background that I didnt recognized:

neu.PNG.919c313aebf371864b429fbad97796e3.PNG

They also said we are going to get more informations soon (probably at the New Year Open day)...

That thing in the background is just two halves of the main baloon on an Ironclad with a piece of plastic pipe put in the middle. 

Really like the look of the new Tzeentch model! And the KO is very KO and dwarven! Nice to see GW hitting the ground running with a duel battletome release! That just leaves Seraphon all on their own to be last out of the door with a ROAR into 2.0 AOS

Also not to spoil peoples christmas, but I'd like to draw your attention to this thread - a rather chilly warning regarding Forgeworld and AoS

1 hour ago, Sleboda said:

Yeah. This. Lots of folks I know have left GW over the years for the simple reason that GW includes "you get to work at GW" as part of their compensation package, and when you tell them you want a decent base pay, they shrug and tell you that you can be replaced.

Honestly, I don't blame them. It's just a reality. They can pay less, so they do. This means people eventually leave for greener pastures.

Matches my experience of folk I've known who work there too. But Duncan is top talent, if you could put a figure on the sales GW has made from his efforts to demystify and introduce the hobby it would massively exceed his annual salary I should have thought.

Look forward to Tzeentch and Kharadron being massively overpowered for a bit anyway 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Overread said:

Also not to spoil peoples christmas, but I'd like to draw your attention to this thread - a rather chilly warning regarding Forgeworld and AoS

😧 Oh damn, thanks for the heads up Overread, the Dread Maw model is pivotal to one of my army's, just seen it's last chance to buy!! Would've been guttered to see that go. Looks like a little late crimbo present to myself 😋

Merry Christmas everyone. This has been the best community I have engaged with this past year and as someone who has no close friends who enjoy the hobby and who's social circle in the hobby is online, thank you everyone for making it a fun year. Cheers. 

• Like 15
  • LOVE IT! 1

Love the new character but I've got five each of the edrinriggers and sky wardens so it's a reluctant miss for me. I might see if I can get the character on eBay after the release as I bet a lot of people will pick it up for the tzeetch character, which I have to admit is fantastic even as someone who doesn't care for the faction. I'm slightly disappointed this means no bigger release for kharadron although I didn't necessarily expect one.

1 minute ago, Red_Shift said:

Love the new character but I've got five each of the edrinriggers and sky wardens so it's a reluctant miss for me. I might see if I can get the character on eBay after the release as I bet a lot of people will pick it up for the tzeetch character, which I have to admit is fantastic even as someone who doesn't care for the faction. I'm slightly disappointed this means no bigger release for kharadron although I didn't necessarily expect one.

TBH those characters are easier to convert than others - for tzeentch one you need to buy magister and any dics character and voila.  Endrinmaster is harder but still doable.

Damn January! That’s really soon, but most of us definitely expected these updates at some point in 2020 though and now it’s just Seraphon remaining. Really interested in taking a look at Tzeentch. 

Also there was a KO fan here who was adamant KO were getting left in the dust and not gonna get updated. Well looks like a mini Christmas miracle for them!

Looking at the box we're getting 

1 Endrinmaster with Dirigible Suit (?)
6 Endrinriggers/Skywardens ($80)
1 Gunhauler ($50)
1 Magister on Disc of Tzeentch (?)
3 Screamers ($35)
6 Skyfires/Enlightened ($80)

Depending on the prices of the new heroes, I think that's one of the more evenly-priced boxes we've gotten. If the new heroes are in the $35-$40 range, the box seems to be about the same value as Feast of Bones (assuming it keeps its $195 price point) 

12 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Nurgle, DoK and Idoneth. I'm not having it that those books were 2. 0 ready because they evidently weren't. 

This goes for Legions of Nagash as well. Maybe there will be a new death soup book. Or they'll just clean it up and add Soul Blight as its own chapter.

(If Im being real honest Nighthaunt and Stormcast as well. Im aware shootcast is very good, its the rest of the book that isnt.)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, smartazjb0y said:

Looking at the box we're getting 

1 Endrinmaster with Dirigible Suit (?)
6 Endrinriggers/Skywardens ($80)
1 Gunhauler ($50)
1 Magister on Disc of Tzeentch (?)
3 Screamers ($35)
6 Skyfires/Enlightened ($80)

Depending on the prices of the new heroes, I think that's one of the more evenly-priced boxes we've gotten. If the new heroes are in the $35-$40 range, the box seems to be about the same value as Feast of Bones (assuming it keeps its $195 price point) 

It would be nice if cheaper, as while in cost per unit it is a high value box, it feels quite light on content.

Anyway as I always I hoped on a bigger reveal than this. A tease of a new army or atleast a new unit for an existing army.

The 40K reveal is really worse. The video they made that "all will be revealed the 25..." made it look wat bigger than another Primaris captain. 

Edited by Tonhel

3 minutes ago, Barkanaut said:

Well time to see how nerfed we are boys. They did the absolute minimal they could for us. I’m not expecting massive unit profile overhauls like we’ll now need with only a new hero. 

For some people the glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's broken and all the water is on the carpet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 23