The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, TheMuphinMan said:

To get back on topic, I feel like having another underwater themed force would do good to flesh out the Deepkin and to say where their theme begins and ends. Underwater civilization = Deepkin, nomadic pirates = Vampire Coast, raiders with a homeport = scourge privateers.

that's a fair breakdown; Deepkin steal souls while Vampirates want the bodies, Scourge wants (living) slaves too

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MitGas said:

A bit off-topic but damn, the new Chaos Warriors are still shorter than Blood Warriors or Stormcast. :(

Some of their details seem to be tiny - either they can print even smaller now or they scaled them down to fit in with the old Warriors - which would suggest no new kit. And there's my rumour theory! :)

I think this was done to emphasise that (StD) Chaos Warriors are not empowered by one patron god stuffing them full of blessings. 

Plague Marines are bigger than the new Chaos Space Marines, but both are smaller than Primaris, etc.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, bsharitt said:

I don't think Chaos warriors needed to be bigger, and certainly not as big as Stormcasts since they're just normal humans who happen to fight for Chaos. So this isn't a situation like the new Chaos Space marines being bigger where that was just a correction of their scale(why they couldn't just do that for regular space marines instead of going the Primaris route is a discussion for another board).

Not fully on-topic but: Even normal Chaos Warriors are "superhumans" though. At least they used to be. When their armor became part of their body (it's not really removable and "heals"), their normal strength and size were remade as well. See the old Champions of Chaos book for an example (I started in 5th ed). I'm fine with them being less than what they used to be ...but why they change that is beyond me (it also lessens the reason to become a worshipper of Chaos when you can be a just as great if you serve Sigmar). And meanwhile Varanguard are so gigantic they make SCE look like shrimps that they're almost too big. Oh well...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MitGas said:

Not fully on-topic but: Even normal Chaos Warriors are "superhumans" though. At least they used to be. When their armor became part of their body (it's not really removable and "heals"), their normal strength and size were remade as well. See the old Champions of Chaos book for an example (I started in 5th ed). I'm fine with them being less than what they used to be ...but why they change that is beyond me (it also lessens the reason to become a worshipper of Chaos when you can be a just as great if you serve Sigmar). And meanwhile Varanguard are so gigantic they make SCE look like shrimps that they're almost too big. Oh well...

They should still be bigger then cities of sigmar humans. Reavers I’m not sure about because they got a bit of a growth spurt as well. 

28 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Which CoS humans are bigger? I thought only Karl and his collegue were outliers.

No other way around. They, the chaos warriors, are still bigger then the regular humans. Haven’t held them next to each other but seeing the chaos warriors  in the flesh tuesfay, I’m pretty sure they are bigger then cos humans. 

49 minutes ago, Kramer said:

No other way around. They, the chaos warriors, are still bigger then the regular humans. Haven’t held them next to each other but seeing the chaos warriors  in the flesh tuesfay, I’m pretty sure they are bigger then cos humans. 

Ah, I read your comment as "They should still be bigger than CoS humans (but they are not)" instead of "I think they are bigger than CoS humans (but I didn't measure them)".

Mistake on my part.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bsharitt said:

I don't think Chaos warriors needed to be bigger, and certainly not as big as Stormcasts since they're just normal humans who happen to fight for Chaos. So this isn't a situation like the new Chaos Space marines being bigger where that was just a correction of their scale(why they couldn't just do that for regular space marines instead of going the Primaris route is a discussion for another board).

Just want to point out in the new battle tome CW are described as strong as SCE, not sure if they are superman enough as they used to be, but, aye, they are still super human

Edited by Whitefang
  • Like 1

I guess it's just a practical consideration, if they didn't have resource to produce fully redone Chaos Warriors with all three weapon combinations, and also Chosen, there was no point having the one new set look gigantic or majorly aesthetically different  compared to the old ones they sold/are still selling in a Battleforce box

The fluff has always been like "if you run into a chaos warrior it's game over man"; in Vermintide they're basically giants and killing one of them takes a fair while

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jefferson Skarsnik said:

I guess it's just a practical consideration, if they didn't have resource to produce fully redone Chaos Warriors with all three weapon combinations, and also Chosen, there was no point having the one new set look gigantic or majorly aesthetically different  compared to the old ones they sold/are still selling in a Battleforce box

The fluff has always been like "if you run into a chaos warrior it's game over man"; in Vermintide they're basically giants and killing one of them takes a fair while

Then they should get their priorities right xD - no other single unit sold as much as Chaos Warriors in WHFB. If Chaos got a dedicated multipart release, it would've sold like mad too. Easily outdoing many other popular kits. I think them being hulking brutes is part of their charm. Nobody asked for Fish-Aleves or SCE (I don't mind them at all, just saying), but people asked for new CWs since AoS first dropped. This is a case where company interests ($$$) and fan interests 100% overlap. So I'm quite baffled. But I'll try to see the good in it - perhaps a good plastic Chosen kit will come in the near future and those guys will be as big as CWs should be according to fluff. 

But the major gripe I have is this: I like the whole "two sides of a medal" thing - like when loyalists and traitors were the same size or when now SCE and CW would've been the same size. It might just be my weird mind but it feels so much more epic if two "evenly matched" warriors face off. I know, it's not exactly realistic and doesn't have to do all that much with height anyways but still - it's a beautiful picture.

This could be Nagash trying to get his fingers on the Deepkin stealing his souls. It would be rather soon for a new death army though, but would probably be different enough to not really matter which grand alliance it is from.

I could see it already in a deepkin dual box. The Wet and the Dead or Eels don't pay Bills.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

This could be Nagash trying to get his fingers on the Deepkin stealing his souls. It would be rather soon for a new death army though, but would probably be different enough to not really matter which grand alliance it is from.

I could see it already in a deepkin dual box. The Wet and the Dead or Eels don't pay Bills.

I think GW is focusing on bands with regard to grand alliances- Death being a current focus. Nighthaunt, Ossiarchs, a Vampire force following would round out Death as a grand alliance pretty neatly.

However undead Vampires on the high seas could also be an addition to Flesheaters! Insane Vampires who think they are nobles in ships of the line; but are instead undead ghouls driving a walking death trap over the land! Very insane, very Flesheater. 

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

9 minutes ago, Overread said:

I think GW is focusing on bands with regard to grand alliances- Death being a current focus. Nighthaunt, Ossiarchs, a Vampire force following would round out Death as a grand alliance pretty neatly.

However undead Vampires on the high seas could also be an addition to Flesheaters! Insane Vampires who think they are nobles in ships of the line; but are instead undead ghouls driving a walking death trap over the land! Very insane, very Flesheater. 

I would die a happy man if in 2020 FEC gets more units to the roster.

I think it's a superficial similarity on the leg. The leg on the Necrofex Colossus looks like a crows nest from a ship but turned upside down, the one from the rumour engine looks much more like stone or metal. Plus there is little to no lore set up for Vampire Coast in AoS, normally with big new armies you get lore hints quite a long time in advance. 

I could be totally wrong, but that's my view.

1 hour ago, skeen77 said:

Wasn't there an undead faction in Firestorm? Wraith Fleet or something? Perhaps they've been developing something based on that idea.

from the firestorm article

We did promise you vampire pirates! [Editor’s Note: Pretty sure you mean to write ‘vampirates’ there…] In Firestorm, you’ll be able to theme your Death army around the Wraith Fleet, a new allegiance representing the forces of vampire corsair Varkos Varactyr. Commanding a fleet of spectral galleons, Varkos has raided the Realm of Fire for thousands of years, spreading Death at the will of Nagash and filling his rotting holds with plunder.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

Re: the lack of multipart Chaos Warriors and Knights: the new Chaos Lord Warscroll has a flail option not available on any miniature in addition to the regular glaive  and sword. Almost like we should expect a second wave at some point the forseeable...? 🤷‍♂️🤔

Re: flail, I think that option covers the Lord you get from the Chariot kit

flail.PNG.2466d05ddf05ab99e2ae14f6d4150872.PNG

Edited by Gecktron
  • Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1