The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, The lord of murder said:

When I fix my pc(I m using my old work laptop now) I m gonna crank up TWW2 with its new dlc, get tzar'kans influence to 0 and go full scourge of khaine on Ghrond and purge her sorceress kabal and the cults of slaanesh.

Good luck with that. Alith Anar or even the neighbouring dark elf faction sometimes cut her head off in an early stages of the game.  The AI doesn't know how to capitalize the rich region she starts in.

Just now, Drofnum said:

Eidolon of the Sea is pretty solid, I found him decent even at his original 440.

He's not really viable competitively. You have no way to get cast bonuses so your spells get shut off, plus all the lore spells have fairly ****** ranges. He also doesn't do much damage in combat and lacks any defense against mortal wounds. If you compare him to a similar cost wizard, such as a keeper of secrets or vermin lord warpseer he is terrible. 

That said these point changes definitely help the more casual idoneth lists a lot. 

• Thanks 1

We have a clarification on "fight last", "fight first" abilities (german faq) - if both abilities are used on one unit only the second one applies. So if I give my unit an ability to fight first and you will give it an ability to fight last it will fight last.

1 minute ago, michu said:

We have a clarification on "fight last", "fight first" abilities (german faq) - if both abilities are used on one unit only the second one applies. So if I give my unit an ability to fight first and you will give it an ability to fight last it will fight last.

It's in en core rules faq too

2 minutes ago, michu said:

They already said the two abilities cancel each other out. 

3 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

He's not really viable competitively. You have no way to get cast bonuses so your spells get shut off, plus all the lore spells have fairly ****** ranges. He also doesn't do much damage in combat and lacks any defense against mortal wounds. If you compare him to a similar cost wizard, such as a keeper of secrets or vermin lord warpseer he is terrible. 

That said these point changes definitely help the more casual idoneth lists a lot. 

I mean people say this, but last year at LVO i did very well with one in my list.  Top 20 in a 130 player event is non-competitive now?

9 minutes ago, michu said:

7 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

They already said the two abilities cancel each other out. 

Written like that it does not seem to be the same as "they cancel each other out" (i.e. the unit fights during the normal sequence). It is in fact saying that one of these will prevail (the unit fights last)

• Thanks 1